IGNORED

Danny Was There On Tuesday Night

headhunter

I had arranged to meet a fellow City fan in the bar at the Tankersley Manor Hotel on Tuesday night. I arrived to find Viv Anderson sat there on his mobile all suited and booted. About 20 mins later in walks Danny - casual shirt and jeans.

We muttered about what we might say to him : was Peacock his love child, why did he persist so long with Burnell and Doherty as a midfield combo , why was he so defensively minded at the play-off final.

We said nothing until after two other City fans at an adjacent table produced their camera and asked to have their photo with him.

Both of us rushed out to our cars for our cameras and did the same. All I could manage was to say "howya doin Danny", "not a lot" was his reply. I said it was an important game tonight after a disappointing result against Torquay. That brought a typically bland response of "its early days... there's a long way to go".

What I really wanted to say was you ******* ******, your tactics cost us a place in the Championship. In actuality I probably came across as a sychophantic ###### [well that's what my mate called me !!!

Guest hairyshamrock
if you ask c-rap questions you will get c-rap answers.

If you ask Dully Wilson any question you can expect a dull, cr*p answer! And tactical nievity!

Guest chrissie

What a fickle lot with short memories you lot are. If (to use just one example) Lee Miller's header against Swindon had hit the back of the net and not the post in the last minute of the game, we would have won automatic promotion and Danny Wilson would have been a hero without doing anything different. He should be thanked for what he has done for the club, you could be wishing he was back by the end of the season. At least for the last 2 seasons we've been involved in the promotion race I doubt that we will be this year.

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

Danny Wilson put the foundations down as far as I'm concerned,he was very reliable in all aspects of management and did a brilliant job here....

Archived