IGNORED

Reported Salaries

Tomo

20 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Not sure how accurate these are but interesting that it states 15k per week for Nahki on his old contract.... ?

https://www.capology.com/club/bristol/salaries/

So Ayman Benarous is on more than double Semenyo's wage and on more than Alex Scott. Seems reasonable. :whistle:

• Haha 8

21 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Football Manager is probably a much closer estimate 

I suspect football manager is the source of some of these!

@Tomofirstly, salary info isn’t in the public domain, so anything these types of website list can’t be taken as being correct.

Some might be a good estimate, because something was leaked at the time of signing, but most will be guesswork, educated guesswork in some cases…and some will be wildly out.  But these sites are also not up to date.  The same sites had Danny Simpson on £18k p.w. last season.

Don’t forget a lot of contracts these days (and in the past too) will be based on a basic salary plus a series of add-ons, mainly appearance based, but not forgetting annual contract bonuses, or even increases based on targets hit.

So, although we can all guess at wages, they are just that….guesses.

Even Kasey Palmer who said in a court of law that he was on £110k p.m (not p.w) when at Chelsea, didn’t necessarily mean when he signed for us he was on that here.  We may have offered him less, but 4 year deal sweetened it, or we paid him a signing in fee.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@Tomofirstly, salary info isn’t in the public domain, so anything these types of website list can’t be taken as being correct.

Some might be a good estimate, because something was leaked at the time of signing, but most will be guesswork, educated guesswork in some cases…and some will be wildly out.  But these sites are also not up to date.  The same sites had Danny Simpson on £18k p.w. last season.

Don’t forget a lot of contracts these days (and in the past too) will be based on a basic salary plus a series of add-ons, mainly appearance based, but not forgetting annual contract bonuses, or even increases based on targets hit.

Even Kasey Palmer who said in a court of law that he was on £110k p.m (not p.w) when at Chelsea, didn’t necessarily mean when he signed for us he was on that here.  We may have offered him less, but 4 year deal sweetened it, or we paid him a signing in fee.

Yep all guess work Fevs.... I wouldn't expect Naismith to be on 15k per week imho. He came from Luton. Possibly on 8k to 10k though.... ?

Edited by Tomo

10 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I don’t believe any of it but just watch people start to have a go at James for being overpaid and the club for underpaying Semenyo, Max etc . 

Exhibit A:

1 hour ago, Negan said:

Probably isn’t too far from the truth tbf. Be surprised if Semenyo is happy to stay on that for another 18 months. Makes sense for him to either sign a 3 year deal or force a move away

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Negan said:

Probably isn’t too far from the truth tbf. Be surprised if Semenyo is happy to stay on that for another 18 months. Makes sense for him to either sign a 3 year deal or force a move away

You reckon we signed Sykes on bigger wages than Dasilva…?!

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

There is no way Matty James is on £27k

He was reportedly on over £30k pw at Leicester. Whilst we certainly won’t be paying him £27k pw, he will be one of the highest earners and definitely over £15k. He wouldn’t have come here for less than half the wage he was already on. 

34 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Yep all guess work Fevs.... I wouldn't expect Naismith to be on 15k per week imho. He came from Luton. Possibly on 8k to 10k though.... ?

Don’t be so sure mate. As far as I understood it, and I was advised of this upon his signing, £15k is very close to the mark. 
Whilst Luton are not the highest payers, Naismith was in demand and as we know, Gould has said that we will still pay top 10 wages in free agency. I’d very confidently say that £15k pw is correct. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

He was reportedly on over £30k pw at Leicester. Whilst we certainly won’t be paying him £27k pw, he will be one of the highest earners and definitely over £15k. He wouldn’t have come here for less than half the wage he was already on. 

Don’t be so sure mate. As far as I understood it, and I was advised of this upon his signing, £15k is very close to the mark. 
Whilst Luton are not the highest payers, Naismith was in demand and as we know, Gould has said that we will still pay top 10 wages in free agency. I’d very confidently say that £15k pw is correct. 

All guesswork.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

A few years back I had to train the Payroll team at Liverpool football club on the new software we installed. They were different to Chelsea and Manchester Utd in that the players payroll was in house, rather than through an agency like PWC.

No figures were ever mentioned, but I was surprised by some of the "bonuses" player s would receive, like a loyalty bonus for staying for the 2nd year of a 3 year contract. Other things like a signing on fee being spread over the period of the contract on a quarterly, half year, or yearly basis, were interesting. As was the idea that they loved having options as to where to send the payslips because "players don't get their payslips, agents do!" :) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

A few years back I had to train the Payroll team at Liverpool football club on the new software we installed. They were different to Chelsea and Manchester Utd in that the players payroll was in house, rather than through an agency like PWC.

No figures were ever mentioned, but I was surprised by some of the "bonuses" player s would receive, like a loyalty bonus for staying for the 2nd year of a 3 year contract. Other things like a signing on fee being spread over the period of the contract on a quarterly, half year, or yearly basis, were interesting. As was the idea that they loved having options as to where to send the payslips because "players don't get their payslips, agents do!" :) 

Did you ever see a pay ratchet? A clause or something that says "if another player gets a wage rise or gets paid more than I do, then my pay goes up by X%, or matches it, or is reviewed etc". I've heard they do exist in some contracts, but suspect they're pretty unusual.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think it is the source.  If I look at wages on FM I very rarely think many seem ridiculous. I would say it’s pretty simple to guess close to accurate.  Debate on Naismith above for example….no transfer fee will have a strong impact on wage/loyalty bonus. I don’t think transfer fee gets considered by everyone when trying to estimate wages.   

14 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I believe loyalty bonuses and signing on fees being spread over a contract are common practise across football nowadays 

17 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Did you ever see a pay ratchet? A clause or something that says "if another player gets a wage rise or gets paid more than I do, then my pay goes up by X%, or matches it, or is reviewed etc". I've heard they do exist in some contracts, but suspect they're pretty unusual.

I think that could only possibly happen if the players had the same agent.

24 minutes ago, Harry said:

Not in the case of Naismith it’s not. 

Of course it is. The only way it wouldn’t be is if you are the one who drew up the contract. You mentioned that James is “definitely” on 15k+, again, you are either assuming or pretending to be itk. Reality is like most you just don’t know. 

5 minutes ago, Vidal said:

Of course it is. The only way it wouldn’t be is if you are the one who drew up the contract. You mentioned that James is “definitely” on 15k+, again, you are either assuming or pretending to be itk. Reality is like most you just don’t know. 

Sometimes people will know for a fact. I’m friends with a brother of a former city player in the 90s and knew what he was getting paid 

23 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I don’t think it is the source.  If I look at wages on FM I very rarely think many seem ridiculous. I would say it’s pretty simple to guess close to accurate.  Debate on Naismith above for example….no transfer fee will have a strong impact on wage/loyalty bonus. I don’t think transfer fee gets considered by everyone when trying to estimate wages.   

That’s why I said “some”.  Perhaps if I said football manager might be used as a reference / guide for ones they have no idea about, that might be a better statement.

25 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Remember a few years ago when an employee left a sheet of paper with all the players wages in a coffee shop in Clifton?

I still think that was crap. Looked all a bit too simple.

I know Lansbury was on a decent wedge, 17k+, he’s from Potters Bar & has a house in Welham Green (AL9 7something, briefly lived there with ex mrs) unsure who the relations were but they loved to talk about his money at any chance possible, never saw Lansbury myself.

Edited by Marcus Aurelius