IGNORED

Russell Osman on Sky news

14 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

'Come on lads, we can win this'

'Who said that?''

'I did'.

I always imagine his team talks as manager were the same. 

However, when instead of Pele and Ossie Ardiles you’ve got Rodney McAree  and Colin Loss staring back at you, then the sentiment may be a touch misguided…

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

51 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I always imagine his team talks as manager were the same. 

However, when instead of Pele and Ossie Ardiles you’ve got Rodney McAree  and Colin Loss staring back at you, then the sentiment may be a touch misguided…

"C'mon lads, we can bore draw this" is more probable. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

It’s possible I’ve misremembered but I recall going to Bramall Lane in 1994 and we lost 3-0 to Sheffield United. That definitely happened but I have a horrible recollection the side had Mitchell or Harriott and Humphries (not Glenn) as fullbacks, Loss, McAree, McKop, Wyatt and Scot Paterson in the squad and Robinson leading the line. 

I may have just bundled all the crap together but I remember it being the worst City team I’d seen up to - and since - that point

Edited by Silvio Dante

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

It’s possible I’ve misremembered but I recall going to Bramall Lane in 1994 and we lost 3-0 to Sheffield United. That definitely happened but I have a horrible recollection the side had Mitchell or Harriott and Humphries (not Glenn) as fullbacks, Loss, McAree, McKop, Wyatt and Scot Paterson in the squad and Robinson leading the line. 

I may have just bundled all the crap together but I remember it being the worst City team I’d seen up to - and since - that point

Edit: Just found the squad for that season. No Mitchell or Robinson but read it and tremble:

https://www.11v11.com/teams/bristol-city/tab/players/season/1995/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Christ he was awful wasn't he?

Got to be in my top 10 (if not top 5) all time worst defenders at the club.

I'll raise you

Gus Ceasar, Julian [40] Watts, Marvin Harriott, Nicky Hunt, Stuart Munro, Stephen McManus, Matthew Bates, Clement Zuwinenberg, Brian Mitchell, Roger Kenyon with Shaun Dyche as the cherry on the top

24 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Classic City. Some absolutely fantastic players (admittedly the minority) along with proper rubbish. T'was ever thus. 

Yep. You could just about put together a half decent team if the best 11 of those were all fit, but then the quality falls off a cliff. You certainly wouldn’t be making any tactical substitutions based on that lot!

• Like 1

I think Dennis Smith brought in Brian Mitchell (or am I getting mixed up), either way, it sent a shiver down my spine remembering it all.

I was one of the sad souls still turning up and witnessed the booing of Russell Osman when he scored, it was all around the ground! and shocked him. I cannot remember if I joined in (I dont recall doing so!), but it was some of the worst football I had every seen....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

I think Dennis Smith brought in Brian Mitchell (or am I getting mixed up), either way, it sent a shiver down my spine remembering it all.

I was one of the sad souls still turning up and witnessed the booing of Russell Osman when he scored, it was all around the ground! and shocked him. I cannot remember if I joined in (I dont recall doing so!), but it was some of the worst football I had every seen....

Pretty sure the booing was directly related to him releasing Dziekanowski who if i remember correctly gave a farewell speech over the pa either before that game or at half time 

• Like 3

Osman used to get his Sunday Papers from the guy on Whiteladies road at the time, when he joined as a player he was already boasting about how he would become manager.

He was an operator that bloke, worked away to undermine the management at the time.

Jacki was a threat, hence his release.

I used to think that any player who spent so much time on his coiffured hair was dodgy, however nowadays they all spend too much time on their grooming regimes ! :)

• Robin 1

7 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Shit a brick,, im having ptsd seeing that list

And that's not even including the likes of the next best player out of Scotland, Alan Hay and Tiny Penis' Gerald Lavin. I need to have had my medication to include them in any sentence in public.

• Thanks 1

Interesting recollections of a dire period (Liverpool FA Cup games aside, of course)

It makes you wonder thoughwith that utterly dire squad and his lack of management skills, how he managed a record no worse than of the bloke who's currently in charge here.!

And yes, the booing when he scored was directly related to his decision to release Jacki.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Swede said:

I'll raise you

Gus Ceasar, Julian [40] Watts, Marvin Harriott, Nicky Hunt, Stuart Munro, Stephen McManus, Matthew Bates, Clement Zuwinenberg, Brian Mitchell, Roger Kenyon with Shaun Dyche as the cherry on the top

Nicky Hunt was in a world of problems, none football related, when he was with us - wasn't he suffering from some serious MH issues? I think we can give him a pass.

Stuart Munro I recall being reasonable, if not outstanding. Compared to other team members at the time, he was absolutely golden.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Nicky Hunt was in a world of problems, none football related, when he was with us - wasn't he suffering from some serious MH issues? I think we can give him a pass.

The sad thing about that game at Leeds was that someone did give him a pass. 

It rolled under his foot for a throw in.