IGNORED

Brentry (it's the opposite of Brexit)

Porto Red

16 minutes ago, RedM said:

Quite a New Year hangover that!

After 6 months of no sleep with daughter no 2 I can't think anymore!  Are we saying Bre-entry rather than Br-exit?  Is that it?  Surely the thread should have been something like Nigel Pearsout/in or something?  The red herring for me is Brentry near Southmead, I'm thinking what has Brentry got to do with anything!  I've been up since 4 forgive me!

Edited by Tinmans Love Child
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

That Brexit has been an effing disaster based on conning a proportion of the population with lies!  

Not for millions of lower paid workers able to strike again pay and conditions better.

Only people whinging are the better off. 

Edited by Ciderhead433
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Robin 1

57 minutes ago, Ciderhead433 said:

Not for millions of lower paid workers able to strike again pay and conditions better.

Only people whinging are the better off. 

I’d say lots of people are whingeing as we’ve been sold a lie and everyone is worse off! 

Eu law  protects the rights of the worker  though, holiday pay, sick pay etc . That’s partly why the billionaires wanted out. Americans for example have zero employment protection and very little rights. 

There’s nothing that now enables workers to strike that wasn’t there before so curious as to why you’d say that. 

public sector workers are struggling due to 13 years of Tory cuts (add an n) and mismanagement and now huge inflation caused by Ukraine and made worse here by Brexit.

worst own goal in history yet zero acknowledgment that things have gotten worse from the clowns that got us into this mess. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I work in the private sector Unions protect our rights so don't bother with the scare tactics.

People are going on strike because their jobs cannot be replaced as easily when we had unlimited cheap labour available.

The public sector have always been the last to get a pay rise.

Brexit has been a disaster but that's what happens when the lower paid are used to keep goods and services cheap.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

38 minutes ago, The chief said:

I’d say lots of people are whingeing as we’ve been sold a lie and everyone is worse off! 

Eu law  protects the rights of the worker  though, holiday pay, sick pay etc . That’s partly why the billionaires wanted out. Americans for example have zero employment protection and very little rights. 

There’s nothing that now enables workers to strike that wasn’t there before so curious as to why you’d say that. 

public sector workers are struggling due to 13 years of Tory cuts (add an n) and mismanagement and now huge inflation caused by Ukraine and made worse here by Brexit.

worst own goal in history yet zero acknowledgment that things have gotten worse from the clowns that got us into this mess. 

I work in the private sector Unions protect our rights so don't bother with the scare tactics.

People are going on strike because their jobs cannot be replaced as easily when we had unlimited cheap labour available.

The public sector have always been the last to get a pay rise.

Brexit has been a disaster but that's what happens when the lower paid are used to keep goods and services cheap.