IGNORED

Vialli has died.

Bristol Rob

He was an absolute gentleman. I used to love his post match interviews, where he would sound more English than many Englishmen. "I thought the chaps, performed very well" was a phrase that stuck with me. 

Beautiful player as well, silky smooth. Also a man who looked far better bald by the way.  :)

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

I hated him on Premier Manager 97 and 98, but only because he was good and playing against me.

Miss all these 90s/00s generation of foreign players in England, seemed like a rarity rather than the norm - Vialli, Zola, Asprilla, Ravanelli, Juninho... 

• Like 4

Blimey. Riposa in pace, Luca. He always came across as a lovely fella. 

When I was a kid, I recall watching him bang in the goals for Samp and Juve on Football Italia, and saw him score for Chelsea in 2-1 win at Old Trafford in ‘96. 

Another sad loss. 

• Like 3

Extremely sad news. 

Pancreatic Cancer is indeed an utter bastard. 

If you have an unexplainable pain in the back of your abdomen, just above the stomach usually, do get it checked. It's probably something more benign, but if this type of cancer isn't caught very early, it's goodnight Vienna. Ditto with unexplained weight loss. A malfunctioning pancreas will inhibit your ability to digest properly. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1

38 minutes ago, myol'man said:
Only 58

Bastard Pancreatic Cancer 

Took my dad 

Mine too, cancer is awful, pancreatic is about as bad as it gets due to so few symptoms presenting themselves at an early stage. If you're interested its worth reading about Wilko Johnsons (Dr. Feelgood) battle with it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So sad.

Vialli was class in every respect, a truly brilliant player, also a patently decent, honest bloke who was loved throughout football.

His interactions with James Richardson on Gazzetta were superb.

He was a year younger than me, it is one of those moments that makes you think about your own mortality & making as much of the time you have.

RIP.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Really sad news,

I used to work in a school next to Chelsea's training ground when Luca was Manager. He gave generously of his time and spirit. I was lucky enough to have many chats with him when he came round to spend time with the kids, he was a truly gentle man...a great loss

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Extremely sad news. 

Pancreatic Cancer is indeed an utter bastard. 

If you have an unexplainable pain in the back of your abdomen, just above the stomach usually, do get it checked. It's probably something more benign, but if this type of cancer isn't caught very early, it's goodnight Vienna. Ditto with unexplained weight loss. A malfunctioning pancreas will inhibit your ability to digest properly. 

Posts like this should happen every time a thread like this comes up. A fine yet subtle way to look out for each other. ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TDarwall said:

38 minutes ago, myol'man said:
Only 58

Bastard Pancreatic Cancer 

Took my dad 

Mine too, cancer is awful, pancreatic is about as bad as it gets due to so few symptoms presenting themselves at an early stage. If you're interested its worth reading about Wilko Johnsons (Dr. Feelgood) battle with it. 

It was the bastard that got Terry Hall too. He only found out he had it a few days before he died.

RIP Luca, I hope you enjoyed your life as much as we did,

• Sad 1

• Admin

Sad news, he came across as one of footballs nice guys. Enjoyed watching his Chelsea side.

Someone told a story on R5 this evening ( an ‘ordinary bloke’) said he and his wife had gone to a restaurant for an anniversary, they had booked but it was full and they were being turned away, Luca was in there with his wife and invited them to sit at their table.  Wouldn’t let this couple pay for anything, and he also sent signed pictures and other stuff to the couples kids a few days later.