IGNORED

Hakeeb Adelakun

pl00peh91

Starting up front for Gillingham against Leicester on BBC1 in a few minutes. Didn’t realise he’d gone there. Gillingham are bottom of League Two! Strange what’s happened to his career, he looked promising at Scunthorpe in League One before we apparently ruined him. Hopefully he plays well today on the telly against a leaky Leicester defence.

3 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

Starting up front for Gillingham against Leicester on BBC1 in a few minutes. Didn’t realise he’d gone there. Gillingham are bottom of League Two! Strange what’s happened to his career, he looked promising at Scunthorpe in League One before we apparently ruined him. Hopefully he plays well today on the telly against a leaky Leicester defence.

Clubs don’t ruin players - players ruin players.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

On loan from Lincoln I think.

9 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

Forgotten we even had him here TBH so that's the lasting impression of his impact.

13 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

He played 7 games apparently for us . 

Wonder what he cost in wages for that meagre output. Boils my piss when you think of what Lansdown,Ashton and Johnson pissed up the wall

4E0AD126-694E-4AF8-A6EC-11AC6F80D221.jpeg.b03df41b5a1e37386989ede8c44a3ec7.jpeg

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 4

True story when we signed him the fee could not be agreed and went to a tribunal.

He'd played his first couple of games under LJ before the tribunal sat, at which point they decided how much Scunthorpe should pay us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Yep same. Over 8k Pompey there. Would like to visit Tottenhams new ground

Very nice ground. I went in the away end when Middlesbrough played them in the cup (friend is a Boro fan) and it was like being in a proper European stadium. Would recommend. 

Pompey are doing okay, some good balls from Morrell. Shame Pack and Towler are out. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Yep same. Over 8k Pompey there. Would like to visit Tottenhams new ground

Nearly 9k apparently. Impressive. I'd imagine we'd do 5-6k for a similar London game at a big place like that. Pompey have been solid but with only a little threat. Spurs sending everything through Son on the left and he's not quite got the deliver correct yet.

Morrell's been solid if unspectacular.

11 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Nearly 9k apparently. Impressive. I'd imagine we'd do 5-6k for a similar London game at a big place like that. Pompey have been solid but with only a little threat. Spurs sending everything through Son on the left and he's not quite got the deliver correct yet.

Due to it being a new ground that none of us City fans have watched our club at I would hope for a lot more than that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, redsapper said:

Due to it being a new ground that none of us City fans have watched our club at I would hope for a lot more than that. 

7.5k to the Etihad for a cup semi-final. 4.5k to Fulham a few years back (but Fulham's normally more like 2-3k). 1k average away following this season. I think 6k would be about what should be expected tbh, and I think that's a good number. It coould well be more as you say, but I'd be pleasantly shocked if we got up near 9k like Pompey.

1-0 to Spurs. Kane from the edge of the box.

43 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Wonder what he cost in wages for that meagre output. Boils my piss when you think of what Lansdown,Ashton and Johnson pissed up the wall

4E0AD126-694E-4AF8-A6EC-11AC6F80D221.jpeg.b03df41b5a1e37386989ede8c44a3ec7.jpeg

I always thought you could tell which players were out and out Ashton punts as LJ didn't pick them. Which suggests Adelakun was one of them.

He would sign players gambling that transfer market inflation would lead to a profit regardless I felt.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I always thought you could tell which players were out and out Ashton punts as LJ didn't pick them. Which suggests Adelakun was one of them.

He would sign players gambling that transfer market inflation would lead to a profit regardless I felt.

But which player actually made the one huge profit? Webster - the guy that LJ specifically demanded be signed as a condition of letting Flint go. The guy LJ then played as much as he could (I mean which of us wouldn't have done that!?). He's the one who went for 1000% more than we bought him for.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

34 minutes ago, redsapper said:

28 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

7.5k to the Etihad for a cup semi-final. 4.5k to Fulham a few years back (but Fulham's normally more like 2-3k). 1k average away following this season. I think 6k would be about what should be expected tbh, and I think that's a good number. It coould well be more as you say, but I'd be pleasantly shocked if we got up near 9k like Pompey.

1-0 to Spurs. Kane from the edge of the box.

Tickets for all parts of the ground -

Adults: £20

U18s: £10

2 Adults + 2 U18s: £40

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

But which player actually made the one huge profit? Webster - the guy that LJ specifically demanded be signed as a condition of letting Flint go. The guy LJ then played as much as he could (I mean which of us wouldn't have done that!?). He's the one who went for 1000% more than we bought him for.

Exactly, hence my reference to gambling.

• Like 1