IGNORED

Just watching Oxford v Arsenal

Redtucks

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

All white is fair enough, but surely that shouldn't include white numbers!

The object of numbers is to identify the players. If you're going to have them the same colour, why bother at all???

Just now, Redtucks said:

All white is fair enough, but surely that shouldn't include white numbers!

The object of numbers is to identify the players. If you're going to have them the same colour, why bother at all???

Yeah, the numbers could have black or any other dark colour 

7 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Is their name on there as well then???

No

9 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Perhaps because it gets people asking why which leads to an explanation and publicity for the charity that it might not otherwise get?

If the numbers had been black for instance you would likely not have heard of the charity.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Perhaps because it gets people asking why which leads to an explanation and publicity for the charity that it might not otherwise get?

If the numbers had been black for instance you would likely not have heard of the charity.

I still haven't heard of the charity even with white numbers!!!

3 goals and multiple subs and the ref added 2 minutes! 
I’m quite sad, so I rewound and timed the stoppages. 
For just the goals and the subs, there were 8 minutes 20 seconds lost. 
And he added 2 minutes ?

Please can we go back to how the added time worked in the World Cup. Much better. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

It's for a very good charity 

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

It's to raise awareness for charity, and it has clearly worked as I, and by the sounds of it quite a few others on here, googled it to find out what it was all about. 

I think I can deal with the very minor irritation of not being able to easily identify players for one game in order for a charity to benefit.

Please believe me, when I say this is a genuine, serious response.

When I first read that the reason for wearing white shirts and numbers was for a charity, I obviously looked it up to establish which charity.

When I read ‘No More Red’, I thought immediately of the recent discussions about women having to wear all white, including underwear, when competing at Wimbledon, regardless of whether they were on their menstrual cycle, and thought what a good idea.

I then read the article itself, and thought again, what a good, indeed excellent, idea.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Please believe me, when I say this is a genuine, serious response.

When I first read that the reason for wearing white shirts and numbers was for a charity, I obviously looked it up to establish which charity.

When I read ‘No More Red’, I thought immediately of the recent discussions about women having to wear all white, including underwear, when competing at Wimbledon, regardless of whether they were on their menstrual cycle, and thought what a good idea.

I then read the article itself, and thought again, what a good, indeed excellent, idea.

I once asked a girl home who said no, because she was on her menstrual cycle. I said don’t worry I’m on my Raleigh…

• Haha 1