IGNORED

Police to visit 1,000 homes in crackdown on illegal Premier League streams and "fire sticks"

Unan

16 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Maybe if the prices were reasonable and you were not looking at over £100 a month on subscriptions to Sky, BT and Amazon for Sport then people wouldn't turn to illegal streams.

Sky are absolutely greedy *****

It's not as expensive as that.

Right now Sky have got both football channels for £18 a month. Personally I think that's good value for 400 lives matches throughout the year.

13 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Right now Sky have got both football channels for £18 a month. Personally I think that's good value for 400 lives matches throughout the year.

To get all the matches, you would have to get Sky, BT and Amazon Prime. Not to mention that Saturday 3pm matches are not screened in this country. No wonder people are finding another way to watch them. 

Provide a decent service and that will stop all the piracy. For example, Spotify has minimised illegal music streaming as it is so good and easy to use. 

8 minutes ago, Coin-op said:

To get all the matches, you would have to get Sky, BT and Amazon Prime. Not to mention that Saturday 3pm matches are not screened in this country. No wonder people are finding another way to watch them. 

Provide a decent service and that will stop all the piracy. For example, Spotify has minimised illegal music streaming as it is so good and easy to use. 

Not if you only wanted to watch EFL games? Sky are the only one with the rights to that.

The 3pm blackout is a separate rights issue not to do with the price of sporting packages.

41 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Which would include the Sky TV package. You would also want to have BT Sport as a subscription and need to subscribe to Amazon Prime to watch all live matches. It's a rip off in my opinion and not affordable to those at the bottom.
I feel for the kids who are not able to watch their best favourite players play on tv, now ITV do not hold the rights for any Champions League live action it's basically a closed shop for anyone who can't afford all the subscriptions, which is probably what the corporates at Sky and BT wanted all along.

25 minutes ago, Coin-op said:

But at the same time, recording artist say that they get next to no income from streaming services and the only money these days in from touring.

Club owners and Sky have created a 'product' called the Premier League that they have somehow managed to sell to the masses and people keep shelling out the cash to receive it. If people didn't drop a small fortune on subscription services, they'd have to either amend the product, the price or how they offer the content. 

Sadly, a large number of people who pay for Sky, BT or Prime for the football have no intention of ever setting foot in a stadium.

Football - should be enjoyed in the fresh air not the armchair. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2015 said:

Maybe if the prices were reasonable and you were not looking at over £100 a month on subscriptions to Sky, BT and Amazon for Sport then people wouldn't turn to illegal streams.

Sky are absolutely greedy *****

Nobody is forcing anyone to pay for sky, if you don't want to pay it or can't afford it then don't, if more people did this and Sky lost a load of customers because of it then the price would go down (as would the wages to footballers)

• Like 2

They have little control over the streaming sites so now seem to pick on the users -but more of a scare tactic I would presume 

One of my favourite streaming sites for football and boxing was removed with a big American government removal notice over Christmas 

The same site was back within hours with a slightly different domain name 

I pay for Sky and BT through virgin and have Amazon but not prepared to pay for anything more - although will pay for Robins Tv (when I go abroad…)

4 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Nobody is forcing anyone to pay for sky, if you don't want to pay it or can't afford it then don't, if more people did this and Sky lost a load of customers because of it then the price would go down (as would the wages to footballers)

This is why people buy firesticks or use streaming sites, hence the thread.

9 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/police-premier-league-illegal-streaming-28911133

What does it cost to get the police to go to 1000 homes? When there's probably 1m+ people using these streaming sites. That's a hell of a lot of taxpayers money to 'warn' less than 0.1% of users about the problems of 'organised crime'.

a paid advert regurgitated every few months to scare people into paying extortionate subs, IPTV + VPN is the way to go

Reminds me of the old adverts for TV licence evasion with footage of " detector vans" with funny looking aerials on the roof driving around with the promise that if you watch TV without a license "we'll find you" .

In fact the vans were just mocked up for the adverts, there were no vans, no detection equipment, and no evidence anyone was ever caught by them or prosecuted. Scare tactics and this illegal streaming users stuff is the same.

No one's going to be turning up at your house.

5 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Reminds me of the old adverts for TV licence evasion with footage of " detector vans" with funny looking aerials on the roof driving around with the promise that if you watch TV without a license "we'll find you" .

In fact the vans were just mocked up for the adverts, there were no vans, no detection equipment, and no evidence anyone was ever caught by them or prosecuted. Scare tactics and this illegal streaming users stuff is the same.

No one's going to be turning up at your house.

I’d be embarrassed if you weren’t right. 

• Flames 1