IGNORED

‘A Block Ultras’

OliOTIB

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well I dont agree because other clubs seem to handle it alright, our fans are no different to typical clubs.

Look at other grounds and the levels or otherwise of segregation.

Exactly our club is ******* useless at it. I've been to enough away grounds to taste good atmosphere... Look at the Manchester Derby the weekend man city and utd fans right next to each other plus load of standing supporters in the home end. The club's just full of excuses because they don't want to manage it.

Edited by Street red
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Street red said:

Exactly our club is ******* useless at it. I've been to enough away grounds to taste good atmosphere... Look at the Manchester Derby the weekend man city and utd fans right next to each other plus load of standing supporters in the home end. The club's just full of excuses because they don't to manage it.

Yep. Lansdown wants good little boys who sit on their hands and don’t say boo to anything or anyone.   It’s infuriating.    We used to be a club that was recognised for its fan base - for being vocal, for being intimidating, for creating an atmosphere.    Now we are just a pleasant day out for away fans. I used to laugh at teams like Yeovil, Fulham, Wycombe and Reading and their boring, happy clappy atmospheres but sadly we have become just like them and it seems a fair few people are very happy with that, not just Lansdown.  It’s a shame as atmosphere is what got so many of us into football in the first place.

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, Street red said:

Exactly our club is ******* useless at it. I've been to enough away grounds to taste good atmosphere... Look at the Manchester Derby the weekend man city and utd fans right next to each other plus load of standing supporters in the home end. The club's just full of excuses because they don't to manage it.

Have you actually spoken to the club about this at any point in time ? By that, I mean face to face with the relevant personel.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, BigTone said:

The timing of all this is wrong. It should have been discussed in the last close season with the club or now most likely the next. Rest assured nothing will change now but maybe a solution can be agreed for next season. All fans need to respected but I dont see that when someone says all ST holders in that block can piss off. What gives him the right ?

I haven’t seen anyone say fans should ‘piss off’ though. Perhaps the post in question could have been worded a bit more democratically - but let’s not misrepresent what people say over a pretty contentious issue. 

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I haven’t seen anyone say fans should ‘piss off’ though. Perhaps the post in question could have been worded a bit more democratically - but let’s not misrepresent what people say over a pretty contentious issue. 

Its what was implied and well you know it.

Edited by BigTone

5 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Have you actually spoken to the club about this at any point in time ? By that, I mean face to face with the relevant personel.

Why does anyone wanting to make an atmosphere have to speak to the club about anything? As long as you pay for your ticket and don’t upset fellow fans? You are well known on here for your love / respect of Millwall - do you think their fans consult with the club every time they want to make a racket - which they do even when there isn’t many of them? Surely you love Millwall because of this atmosphere not in spite of it? So why are you so vocal in being against our own fans making an effort? Genuinely baffled.   

Edited by lenred
  • Like 1

People shouldn't be moving mid season, standing up and ruining others experience.

But the time to raise it is now, as the club are slow to act (still waiting on the membership scheme to be sorted for example!). 

The club and supporter groups should work together for a solution for next season, where we announce that A Block and S82 are for a certain fan experience, but those currently in block A can move to another seat and they'd recommend Y.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, lenred said:

Yep. Lansdown wants good little boys who sit on their hands and don’t say boo to anything or anyone.   It’s infuriating.    We used to be a club that was recognised for its fan base - for being vocal, for being intimidating, for creating an atmosphere.    Now we are just a pleasant day out for away fans. I used to laugh at teams like Yeovil, Fulham, Wycombe and Reading and their boring, happy clappy atmospheres but sadly we have become just like them and it seems a fair few people are very happy with that, not just Lansdown.  It’s a shame as atmosphere is what got so many of us into football in the first place.

Exactly. It’s been the case as long as I’ve been going and has always seemed like a real uphill battle with the club.

Whether people like it not, you’re right - we’ve traditionally never been a Reading/Fulham/Yeovil.

We’re often talked about by fans of other clubs in the same sort of bracket as Cardiff/Birmingham/Portsmouth in that there’s always been a bit of an edge and partisan support. Luckily, despite their best efforts, the club have never quite succeeded in completely nullifying it. Even with their best efforts at making AG as muted and happy clappy as poss. 

7 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Its what was implied and well you know it.

Wasn’t what was said though, so you should take it back. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Once the new CEO is in place then I will be sending emails to see if I get any feed back and I will give my honest opinion. I shouldn't have to email anyone the club should know how important an atmosphere is!! Pearson does....

Edited by Street red
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, lenred said:

Why does anyone wanting to make an atmosphere have to speak to the club about anything? As long as you pay for your ticket and don’t upset fellow fans? You are well known on here for your love / respect of Millwall on here - do you think their fans consult with the club every time they want to make a racket - which they do even when there isn’t many of them? Surely you love Millwall because of this atmosphere not in spite of it? So why are you so vocal in being against our own fans making an effort? Genuinely baffled.   

Read my posts. I'm not against it but dont agree with how it's being orchestrated. Have 20 singing sections etc if it works but show some respect to other fans during the process. Whether Millwall fans consult with the club I honestly have no idea. The difference is their 3 home stands are all vocal. It's their nature. The other side to that is Millwalls reputation which like a lot of clubs is down to a few idiots. I've always been made welcome and those I've got to know appreciate my football allegiance lies first up with City.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Exactly. It’s been the case as long as I’ve been going and has always seemed like a real uphill battle with the club.

Whether people like it not, you’re right - we’ve traditionally never been a Reading/Fulham/Yeovil.

We’re often talked about by fans of other clubs in the same sort of bracket as Cardiff/Birmingham/Portsmouth in that there’s always been a bit of an edge and partisan support. Luckily, despite their best efforts, the club have never quite succeeded in completely nullifying it. Even with their best efforts at making AG as muted and happy clappy as poss. 

Wasn’t what was said though, so you should take it back. 

Please explain your take on the comment.

Just now, BigTone said:

Read my posts. I'm not against it but dont agree with how it's being orchestrated. Have 20 singing sections etc if it works but show some respect to other fans during the process. Whether Millwall fans consult with the club I honestly have no idea. The difference is their 3 home stands are all vocal. It's their nature. The other side to that is Millwalls reputation which like a lot of clubs is down to a few idiots. I've always been made welcome and those I've got to know appreciate my football allegiance lies first up with City.

I’m not going to get into Millwalls reputation. I couldn’t care less about it but to say it’s down to a ‘few’ is pushing it. I got the knife slitting action directed towards me when I was 12 and in the subsequent 30 years I have seen many incidents involving them with a lot more involved than a few - both in person and online or in the media.  But I digress. It just strikes me as very odd that someone so supportive about such a club who have plenty of issues would be so very anti their own club showing trying to show a bit more passion. Of course there will be issues but it can get ironed out organically I’m sure and I haven’t seen that Saturday caused anything awful (it may be out there fwiw).  Just don’t understand the vehement attitude against it, especially from someone who loves Millwall! 

Will the stewards at E34 be instructed to check for tickets  for the  remaining 9 home matches or can existing st holders in that area presume the worst and have to move to another section? I wonder if they were to all claim compensation from the club for loss of their preferred seat it might encourage some reaction from stadium officials?

16 minutes ago, Midred said:

Will the stewards at E34 be instructed to check for tickets  for the  remaining 9 home matches or can existing st holders in that area presume the worst and have to move to another section? I wonder if they were to all claim compensation from the club for loss of their preferred seat it might encourage some reaction from stadium officials?

They already do check tickets I thought? At that vomitory anyway. 

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

They already do check tickets I thought? At that vomitory anyway 

On Saturday I walked past at about 2.55pm and there was a big queue coming back down the stairs into the concourse.   Must’ve been checking surely or else why the big queue. That’s what I presumed anyway.     

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They already do check tickets I thought? At that vomitory anyway 

It was the most stringent it had been so far this season on Saturday. There was even two policeman outside the concourse entrance. The club were clearly aware, which makes me think bar stopping selling tickets in A Block or implementing hostile stewarding methods (not advised) I’m not really sure what they can do to stop it? 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, lenred said:

On Saturday I walked past at about 2.55pm and there was a big queue coming back down the stairs into the concourse.   Must’ve been checking surely or else why the big queue. That’s what I presumed anyway.     

Would make sense.

9 minutes ago, Midred said:

Fine, I just wondered how so many were allowed into that area. Presumably there are only a limited number of transferable non st seats available?

There is more than one way to migrate across I expect. There will be only a limited number of spare seats thst is correct- read claims of exceeding capacity but wasn't in there so can't comment.

9 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

It was the most stringent it had been so far this season on Saturday. There was even two policeman outside the concourse entrance. The club were clearly aware, which makes me think bar stopping selling tickets in A Block or implementing hostile stewarding methods (not advised) I’m not really sure what they can do to stop it? 

The club will have been aware without doubt. It was on social media, plus events on the day will have been very clearly picked up via CCTV so it does make me laugh when people go on about grassing to the club as with that plus first and second hand accounts from stewards in the area they'll know it all irrespective of a fan putting in an email or whatever.

As if it would have been some open state secret if people had just kept quiet.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, Street red said:

Exactly our club is ******* useless at it. I've been to enough away grounds to taste good atmosphere... Look at the Manchester Derby the weekend man city and utd fans right next to each other plus load of standing supporters in the home end. The club's just full of excuses because they don't want to manage it.

Would you and all the others be happy to pay a premium on your ticket to cover the extra costs this will incur the club? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Street red said:

Once the new CEO is in place then I will be sending emails to see if I get any feed back and I will give my honest opinion. I shouldn't have to email anyone the club should know how important an atmosphere is!! Pearson does....

Fair play to you, do exactly that. It would be the best way forward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Unfortunately for the club and ALL fans involved this is happening at this stage of the season, mid season. 

Naturally fans who have been SEATED there for years want to continue to be there. They are there for a reason, like many of us they probably have got to know people around them, they like the view and it suits them.

Why should they (E34 ST holders) have to move mid season? That seems Dolman as he could predict there would be trouble, other fans either didn't know or took the chance. He was concerned as it was his first seat move and only had 2 more left, and then what should he do.

Yeah, I mean standing is one thing but it’s not 1 person 1 seat, at least not at the lower half of the upper E34, it was loads of kids just crammed in as much as they could so it makes it a bit trickier if you’re just an ST holder.

The checking of tickets down the bottom of E34 is pointless if ppl walk along from other stands.

As I said before the Eastend situation was always left open ended by the club, firstly shoved in Atyeo then S82, when I thought they were promised they’d be involved and get a home from the start. Can we rebuild the old east end :laugh:…. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, lenred said:

I’m not going to get into Millwalls reputation. I couldn’t care less about it but to say it’s down to a ‘few’ is pushing it. I got the knife slitting action directed towards me when I was 12 and in the subsequent 30 years I have seen many incidents involving them with a lot more involved than a few - both in person and online or in the media.  But I digress. It just strikes me as very odd that someone so supportive about such a club who have plenty of issues would be so very anti their own club showing trying to show a bit more passion. Of course there will be issues but it can get ironed out organically I’m sure and I haven’t seen that Saturday caused anything awful (it may be out there fwiw).  Just don’t understand the vehement attitude against it, especially from someone who loves Millwall! 

I love Bristol City and have for 60 years. Good idea to read my posts as I am supportive of what you are asking. My problem is the method in doing so.

18 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I love Bristol City and have for 60 years. Good idea to read my posts as I am supportive of what you are asking. My problem is the method in doing so.

Well I presume you do support Bristol City and I’ve not said you don’t? But you also post about your very keen regard for Millwall - hence my point.  I like going to Millwall as well. It’s a proper club. Which is what I want our club to be.  A club with a heart and not some plastic happy clappy soulless entity.  
And I have read your posts.  They seem very anti those trying to improve the atmosphere hidden under some veil that everyone doing it must be doing something wrong - which imho is completely your prerogative but a big shame.   

Edited by lenred

I think that if I paid for a seat and found it occupied by some self-entitled youth, or my view impeded, I’d be a tad cross. The selfishness of some, and lack of respect for older/ less able fans is really poor. 
There’s also policing to consider, quite sure the ‘atmosphere’ will involve flying seats at some point.

The intentions may be good, but the manner it’s being done is so wrong, and so little respect for other supporters.

• Like 13