IGNORED

‘A Block Ultras’

OliOTIB

Just now, lenred said:

Yep concede thats also possible but Swansea was a really good atmosphere as well - second half at least! Can’t remember if he mentioned it then.  He was very enthusiastic about Saturday.  

Hmm who knows just thought that was point he was trying to make, we will win games etc with atmospheres like this don't think he would of came out and said it following a draw so waited until now ??‍♂️

Who knows ?!? 

16 minutes ago, winsaw said:

From the club's FB

CLUB STATEMENT: E34 DOLMAN STAND

MONDAY, JANUARY 16TH 2023

Bristol City Football Club would like to remind supporters that match tickets in the E34 block of the Dolman Stand are reserved seating only.

At Saturday’s fixture against Birmingham City, large numbers of supporters were stood throughout the game and many not in their correct seats. This resulted in a number of Season Ticket holders being unable to get to their designated seats and having to stand throughout the game.

Upon physical ticket checks, stewards discovered that supporters were duplicating tickets in an attempt to gain unauthorised access to the block. A large number of supporters with duplicate tickets were subsequently refused entry and those who had gained access were removed where safely possible.

As a result, there will be increased stewarding in place for this weekend’s fixture against Blackburn Rovers (January 21st, 3pm) and physical ticket checks in place, which may result in longer queues, as Bristol City Football Club and Ashton Gate underline it's commitment to fan safety.

Supporters who have purchased tickets in the E34 block are advised to take only the seat specified on their match ticket. If supporters are found to ignore their seating instruction they will also face removal from the stand.

What else did anybody expect

6 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Where did I say standing was OK?

Club statement seems totally fair 

I didn’t see too many people sitting on Saturday. 

If you’re saying that it’s OK for people to move into vacant seats in E34 from S82 and to sit in those seats then I’ve misunderstood - apologies.

But pretty much all of the debate on this thread (and the reality on Saturday) has been premised on the fact that people are going to stand there. That’s not fair. 

• Like 1

Purely commercially, the tickets prices in A block are more than the S82 prices. The club can't resell the S82 ones as I believe they are all season ticket seats but the A block ones have some available. 
It also doesn't look great if the singers can just pop up wherever they like. 
Im fully supported of getting singers near the away fans, but it has to be done properly and respectfully to those people who have their tickets there currently. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Put home fans back in the Atyeo. Split it off as they did previously & it sorts this overnight.

Offer permanent seat transfers to the area & you won’t get over crowding because people can’t walk around to it. 

Not that I care but wouldn't that damage how many away fans we can hold? Thus impacting how many tickets the club gets for our travels? 

Why don't we put away fans top of Lansdown, move the family section to a different part and put the ultras in atyeo... 

Would love to see the away fans try and get an atmosphere going all the way up there ?

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

What else did anybody expect

The Spanish Inquisition.

Haven’t read every post on this thread but there seems to be a general consensus that anything that improves the atmosphere is a good thing and that if people want to move to Block A there are mechanisms to facilitate that.

Not sure why we are still debating this, given the idea is sound, the execution poor and the club has said what everyone expected they would.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

The Watford atmosphere was better imo, we didn't win. 

We won because of all the work the players and the manager and coaching staff has put in. 

Pring couldn't last a game not so long ago. He didn't get through Saturdays game because of the crowd. He got through it because of the work he and the club have done on his fitness. 

Yes the crowd certainly do play a part. But to solely believe that is the reason we won is rather silly. 

No one has said that have they? 

Just now, Slack said:

Not that I care but wouldn't that damage how many away fans we can hold? Thus impacting how many tickets the club gets for our travels? 

Why don't we put away fans top of Lansdown, move the family section to a different part and put the ultras in atyeo... 

Would love to see the away fans try and get an atmosphere going all the way up there ?

I don’t think it affects anything unless another club adopts a tit for tat approach in how many tickets they choose to give out. 

Changing the Atyeo back to how it was a few years ago is the easiest fix. Net off the middle, close the concourse off with the gates already in place & have home fans exit with those leaving the Dolman.

The club really should be looking at doing this imo.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Slack said:

Could be a lucrative move! Given how much away fans are charged, you would assume that home fans would have to pay the same.

1 minute ago, Carey 6 said:

I don’t think it affects anything unless another club adopts a tit for tat approach in how many tickets they choose to give out. 

Changing the Atyeo back to how it was a few years ago is the easiest fix. Net off the middle, close the concourse off with the gates already in place & have home fans exit with those leaving the Dolman.

Who's going to pay for all that? 

2 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Anyone know what capacity half that stand is? If it's 2k then netting wouldn't cost much, but staffing wise would be a lot higher in cost then it is now surely 

6 minutes ago, Slack said:

And when they do because that's what away fans do everyone will say that because the roof up there slopes down it gives away fans an advantage and we all need to move up there so we need to kick the family stand out.

My take on it is u can’t stop em going up there if it’s done right , you also can’t stop them from standing as it proves very difficult as they’ve paid for that seat and that space , people all around the ground are up and down throughout the game , but I think this is on the club to move the singing section end of season to the centre of south stand ( the old east end ) I know it’s going to impact season ticket holders me included but there’s plenty of room either side of centre block for fans to re locate ,we have all got to try to work together and if then you don’t want to stand because your views impaired then you can move BUT city let’s plan for it now and address the mass , you’ll always get the odd few moan about something COYR 

Frankly the ‘just do it anyway, what are they going to do about it’ responses are a shit way for a group of fans to treat fellow fans of the same club, it’s not just walking across from your own seat to take somewhere but duplicating a ticket and kicking a fan out of their seat, why is your experience with of watching city more important than the experience of another fan? It’s obviously awkward mid-season because fans want to have an impact now, however it’s something they should constructively work with the club ahead of next season on. 

• Like 7

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

Who's going to pay for all that? 

It was in place previously, I don’t really see a big issue with cost. 

Instead of the stewards in between home fans like they’re going to have next match day as the statement says, they can be next to the netting in the Atyeo.

The concourse previously had a split gate in it anyway, I assume this will still be there. 

Just now, Pezo said:

And when they do because that's what away fans do everyone will say that because the roof up there slopes down it gives away fans an advantage and we all need to move up there so we need to kick the family stand out.

Good shout, to be fair doesn't impact me but I'd be annoyed if all of a sudden my seat was impleaded by people standing. Just needs everyone to find a resolution 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slack said:

Anyone know what capacity half that stand is? If it's 2k then netting wouldn't cost much, but staffing wise would be a lot higher in cost then it is now surely 

I think the stand holds 3700 odd.

Unsure on how many city fans previously sat in the Atyeo prior to the move to the south stand corner. I’m guessing 800 odd. 2700 as minimum requirement for away allocation, then they always seemed to net off a large amount.

6 minutes ago, Slack said:

About 2.1k, may be a bit more.

2k to away, segregation 500-1,000 seats therefore scope for up to 1,700 seats to home fans?

How many rows/seats given over to segregation would be the question.

Will try to find the exact EFL reg.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

About 2.1k, may be a bit more.

2k to away, segregation 500-1,000 seats therefore scope for up to 1,700 seats to home fans?

How many rows/seats given over to segregation would be the question.

Will try to find the exact EFL reg.

The club should try it for one game. If they can, caveat one issue and it stops ... 

Means the fans would self police, no fighting etc ... If they are there for genuine atmosphere great if they are there for a fight would they be stopped by our fans 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

In theory we could allocate just 2k.

The 10 percent rule applies as I thought, only if the capacity falls below 20k.

Screenshot_20230116-185201_Chrome.thumb.jpg.850464fbc8b4f31db4ef8c12f68f81d4.jpg

Oh I wasn’t aware of that, just assumed it was 10% 

I’m not sure we’d need any more than 1000, in fact I’m not sure if we’d need more than 500 currently,

I’m not sure we could house many more than 1000 in there, without having to make further changes to the Atyeo stand underneath. 

I’m not one that moved to E34, but I can see it becoming an issue & I see this as a potentially easy fix. 

Statement wars have begun.

Although technically only E34 Upper aligns to A Block in the interests of accuracy. :) H Block was lower E34.

Sounds to me as if some did it correctly Saturday and some did not. 

I think Saturday could get a bit silly but who knows. I'm not in that Block anyway.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Although technically only E34 Upper aligns to A Block in the interests of accuracy. :) H Block was lower E34.

It is incumbent upon the organisers to lead the footsoldiers and ensure that they behave.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think Saturday could get a bit silly but who knows. I'm not in that Block anyway.

Well doing this, against the club’s specific advice, does make them look like a load of bellends mind. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It seems to me like several posters on here, even those who claim this isn't the case, are very snippy about the whole thing.

In general, it seems to be boomers - who are happy to say how atmosphere was better "in their day" and are content with that because it means they've done their bit.. whilst being a bit sneering about it (even through "liking" negative posts about that section whilst claiming to be supportive) partly because it's young fans taking the initiative. 

I disagree with this point. It has nothing to do with age or when you were born.

Back in the day we had standing. You could stand where you want. 

Now, apart from S82 it's seating.

People have bought tickets to sit in A Block. That area will have a cross section of the population...young, old, families etc. 

Now you are going to get a bunch of lads moving in, that have no intention on sitting down. 

They are there to stand, sing, create an atmosphere and give it large to the opposition fans. They also copied tickets and tried to enter the ground for free. 

All this has done, is now increase stewarding and Police and more checks on entry.

You can guarantee there will be disruption and they will want to stand. No way are they going to sit in their seats singing. 

So for anyone who was sat there before, their whole experience will be different. More stewards, more police, more checks, more disruption.

I'm all for creating a great atmosphere. I'm all for banter etc. I'd love there to be standing all around the ground. 

However...look after your fellow fans, respect those who were there before. 

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Well doing this, against the club’s specific advice, does make them look like a load of bellends mind. 

Certainly seems less than constructive- but if they are intending to do it in the correct manner...however it has to be done in the correct manner.

• Like 1