IGNORED

‘A Block Ultras’

OliOTIB

1 minute ago, CyderInACan said:

Well doing this, against the club’s specific advice, does make them look like a load of bellends mind. 

Is it against the advice though? Is it against the club statement? 

The club say "...physical ticket checks in place..." and "Supporters who have purchased tickets in the E34 block are advised to take only the seat specified on their match ticket. If supporters are found to ignore their seating instruction they will also face removal from the stand."

The E34 group statement says "...get your ticket and bring your voice."

I don't see anything contradictory there. Now you can say "it's only words and words are cheap, let's see what happens on Saturday" but I don't see anything wrong or even inflammatory in that statement.

PS> I do enjoy the grammar though "A Block Statement" as opposed to maybe "A Pyramid Statement"? Or maybe "A Spherical Statement".

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OliOTIB said:

Cant you move your season tickets? Why dont the A blockers move theirs there? At least then they will have allocated seating

£10 admin fee plus pay the difference between your current seat and the new one (assuming you are moving to a more expensive seat) on a pro rata basis. 

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Is it against the advice though? Is it against the club statement? 

The club say "...physical ticket checks in place..." and "Supporters who have purchased tickets in the E34 block are advised to take only the seat specified on their match ticket. If supporters are found to ignore their seating instruction they will also face removal from the stand."

The E34 group statement says "...get your ticket and bring your voice."

I don't see anything contradictory there. Now you can say "it's only words and words are cheap, let's see what happens on Saturday" but I don't see anything wrong or even inflammatory in that statement.

PS> I do enjoy the grammar though "A Block Statement" as opposed to maybe "A Pyramid Statement"? Or maybe "A Spherical Statement".

I'll expand on those who IMO did it correctly or didn't.

Those who purchased tickets for E34 or correctly transferred their sesson ticket well that's one side.

Those who however just decided to enter anyway, pick any old seat or duplicate tickets those discredit the legitimate efforts, of perhaps the organisers themselves.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Statement wars have begun.

Although technically only E34 Upper aligns to A Block in the interests of accuracy. :) H Block was lower E34.

Sounds to me as if some did it correctly Saturday and some did not. 

I think Saturday could get a bit silly but who knows. I'm not in that Block anyway.

Just smacks of we'll do what we want, try and stop us and we're doing this for the greater good. 

This will die a death due to how they have done it. Anyone that knows this club knows that the club do not give in to these type of demands. 

However from my own experiences, the club are always more than willing to have conversations. That's the route this group of fans should have taken and still apparently refuse to take.

This just came out of the blue, like a flash mob. To my knowledge there was previously no noise around this matter and no one attempted to discuss this with the club. 

What's wrong with getting round a table with the powers that be and discussing this? 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, petehinton said:

In fairness, this is an easy stick to beat the club with for people that want to. The atmosphere was quality, but if it’s forcing people out of their ST seats that they’ve paid £400 for, I’m not sure what people were expecting other than this statement 

Nail on head really

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'll expand on those who IMO did it correctly or didn't.

Those who purchased tickets for E34 or correctly transferred their sesson ticket well that's one side.

Those who however just decided to enter anyway, pick any old seat or duplicate tickets those discredit the legitimate efforts, of perhaps the organisers themselves.

If there was a mass effort to duplicate tickets, then someone obviously organised that...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Well doing this, against the club’s specific advice, does make them look like a load of bellends mind. 

In fairness the statement is encouraging people to BUY tickets for A block.

Just having a look now there are literally hundreds of tickets left available to buy. Would be interesting to know the actual number of season ticket holders in A block as from what i can see there are bloody loads of available seats.

How many actual season ticket holders are being ‘turfed out’?..It can’t have been many looking at what seats are available. 

4D06638E-5665-4E8D-89C0-F0BE6A52D4D2.png

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

If there was a mass effort to duplicate tickets, then someone obviously organised that...

And now the club are wise to it which is great and can put security in place (at a cost mind you). Anyone with a duplicate ticket is stealing from the club which again makes me ask their actual motivation. This is a situation that has a long way to run. Hope not because the actual motivation behind it has good intentions. However, the idiots also involved will stuff it up for all and sundry if allowed.

Edited by BigTone

11 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Just smacks of we'll do what we want, try and stop us and we're doing this for the greater good. 

This will die a death due to how they have done it. Anyone that knows this club knows that the club do not give in to these type of demands. 

However from my own experiences, the club are always more than willing to have conversations. That's the route this group of fans should have taken and still apparently refuse to take.

This just came out of the blue, like a flash mob. To my knowledge there was previously no noise around this matter and no one attempted to discuss this with the club. 

What's wrong with getting round a table with the powers that be and discussing this? 

I think what happened was, Swansea game. Obviously Cup game, fewer attendees and season ticket doesn't include Cup games so easier to get tickets for there.

At half time there seemed to be some kind of blocking off of Lower E34 and I guess they were sent to Upper E34.

They then got a taste for the location and or potential to generate atmosphere hence the Birmingham game...wonder if the Licensing Authority have been onto the club since the weekend.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Have any original season card holders in that area actually complained or are people taking offence on behalf of them on here?

I haven’t read this thread in its entirety so I could have missed some legitimate complaints, but from the people I know that have season cards in there, they weren’t bothered about it Saturday. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Carey 6 said:

Have any original season card holders in that area actually complained or are people taking offence on behalf of them on here?

I haven’t read this thread in its entirety so I could have missed some legitimate complaints, but from the people I know that have season cards in there, they weren’t bothered about it Saturday. 

No, there’s about two bed wetters who can’t let it go after being disappointed it went pretty well. 

Apparently it wouldn’t have happened back in the day as people had “respect” - said entirely without irony on the face of it.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Colombo Robin said:

I cant see this ending well. Could the club not offer to relocate block A season ticket holders who want out? Bit unfair on them I know as they were there first but if the objective is to create another singing section it has to go somewhere

Something to be discussed in the close season I would suggest

• Like 2

• SC&T Board Members
1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

I mean that...seems fair?

"Do it in accordance with the rules."

Yep, very fair.

What I missed, however, was something along the lines of "We appreciate that fans moved to this area to try to improve the atmosphere at Ashton Gate. We share that objective, and intend to meet with fans' representatives shortly to discuss how this can be achieved."

• Like 7
  • Flames 3

14 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Was there Any evidence of people duplicating tickets en mass ? or are people just reading the OS and taking it as gospel.. 

Like I’ve just said there are hundreds of tickets available to buy for Saturday and there were hundreds available to buy for Birmingham. This notion that A block is rammed full of season ticket holders is a complete myth.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

Cant you move your season tickets? Why dont the A blockers move theirs there? At least then they will have allocated seating

Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't these people already got allocated seating of their choice rather than someone else's ?

I'm assuming that you're talking about the existing A blockers rather than the travelling casual A blockers?

9 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Question for anyone who knows, does the block in the Dolman meet requirements for allowing fans to stand? Or is it strictly only allowed to be a seated area? Ie could the club designate it a standing area if they wanted to?

Fwiw I don’t even think the south stand corner is a designated standing area. It was previously a designated unreserved area, but they changed that a couple of seasons ago. Think the club just take a relaxed approach towards both of those things happening.

9 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Was there Any evidence of people duplicating tickets en mass ? or are people just reading the OS and taking it as gospel.. 

Like I’ve just said there are hundreds of tickets available to buy for Saturday and there were hundreds available to buy for Birmingham. This notion that A block is rammed full of season ticket holders is a complete myth.

Yes, well typical of the club................just want an easy life, **** the atmos and results, just sit and be good little boys .

• SC&T Board Members
Just now, Carey 6 said:

Fwiw I don’t even think the south stand corner is a designated standing area. It was previously a designated unreserved area, but they changed that a couple of seasons ago. Think the club just take a relaxed approach towards both of those things happening.

Correct. Ashont Gate has no areas of 'licensed standing'. To get such a licence, a ground has to provide some safe standing for away fans too.

The S82 corner is an area where it is recognised that fans will stand persistently in breach of ground regulations, so it has been made safer by the installation of barriers.

Despite the steepness of the Dolman Upper, I know of no reason why similar infrastructure could not be installed there as well (rail seats or barriers behind existing seats are now allowed in stands of a gradient of up to 35 degrees, the top limit for standard seating).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Colombo Robin said:

I cant see this ending well. Could the club not offer to relocate block A season ticket holders who want out? Bit unfair on them I know as they were there first but if the objective is to create another singing section it has to go somewhere

A bit unfair?

7 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Head back to the corner and sit in silent protest. It would make some on here happy for a game but will prove the point, it will be dull!

I think something can be done for next season  you can't move people around mid season really

Edited by Super
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

Yep, very fair.

What I missed, however, was something along the lines of "We appreciate that fans moved to this area to try to improve the atmosphere at Ashton Gate. We share that objective, and intend to meet with fans' representatives shortly to discuss how this can be achieved."

I agree, although I can also understand why the club would at this stage be totally bland and non-committal. 

• Like 1