IGNORED

‘A Block Ultras’

OliOTIB

5 hours ago, myol'man said:

The 'singing section' (what a stupid phrase) should always have been the centre 3 blocks of of the South Stand, replicating the old East End, difficult to implement now because so fans fans are now ingrained into 'their' seats. Difficult but not impossible.

Corner block could then have been offered as cheaper season or matchday tickets.

E33 or A block in old money, could from next season be offered over to the yoof and current A block season ticket holders offered the chance to move seats at no extra cost.

Oh, and stop Swansea fans from entering via the concourse nearest to the Dolman and encroaching over the netting. Not the first time that has happened.

No it's impossible!

Not for the first time.... you CANNOT have standing blocks in the centre because people sitting in adjacent blokes can't see half the pitch!!!

The old east end worked because everyone was stood up!!!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Wow surprised to hear the above.. atmosphere if quieter still so much better than the rest of the season, songs spreading around the stadium again, atmosphere today better than any ‘winning’ atmospheres we’ve had all season

I suspect it was more to do with aound mics today than anything else. It happens some games. It can be really hard to tell what the atmosphere is actually like

• Like 1

Another odd one today. I sit in the family stand, level with the 18 yard box at the south stand end. 
I didn’t hear the A Block at all all game, but the sound coming from S82 was loud and clear. 
S82 certainly looked much more populated than last week too. 
Clearly there was sound coming from A Block as others have heard and witnessed, but from where I was I didn’t hear a thing, honestly.  

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Another odd one today. I sit in the family stand, level with the 18 yard box at the south stand end. 
I didn’t hear the A Block at all all game, but the sound coming from S82 was loud and clear. 
Clearly there was sound coming from A Block as others have heard and witnessed, but from where I was I didn’t hear a thing, honestly.  

So basically what we already know - you will rarely hear fans at the opposite end of the stadium.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pezo said:

So basically what we already know - you will rarely hear fans at the opposite end of the stadium.

Yep. I’m not in any way slagging off the move to A Block. I’m all for it and always have been. Just saying that our stadium can be a bit weird at times in terms of what you can and can’t hear depending on where you are. 
I’m pretty much equidistant to A Block and S82, but both the last 2 games I’ve only heard S82. 
Which again is odd, because for the previous few games prior to that, there was nothing coming from S82 at all! It’s all very odd! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Harry said:

Careful Harry you mustn't upset our Ultras!! As I said watching on Robin's TV it sounded a bit louder than last week but its source I am unsure 

Edited by BigTone

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yep. I’m not in any way slagging off the move to A Block. I’m all for it and always have been. Just saying that our stadium can be a bit weird at times in terms of what you can and can’t hear depending on where you are. 
I’m pretty much equidistant to A Block and S82, but both the last 2 games I’ve only heard S82. 
Which again is odd, because for the previous few games prior to that, there was nothing coming from S82 at all! It’s all very odd! 

I didn't take it any different to what you just said.

The corner has been noisier since the A block lot moved out, I think there are 2 parts to this, less competing songs and a bit of competition for the noisiest area of the stadium.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Careful Harry you mustn't upset our Ultras!! As I said watching on Robin's TV it sounded a bit louder than last week but its source I am unsure 

Bore off from this thread.

There are people down there trying to make a difference, and to be fair to them, it is making a difference so far. The atmosphere has been good and the results are following suit.

Edited by Lew-T
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I didn't take it any different to what you just said.

The corner has been noisier since the A block lot moved out, I think there are 2 parts to this, less competing songs and a bit of competition for the noisiest area of the stadium.

Totally agree , bit of competition and I think since Xmas I bit of a better feel about the place 

4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Bore off from this thread.

There are people down there trying to make a difference, and to be fair to them, it is making a difference so far. The atmosphere has been good and the results are following suit.

I'll reply to any thread I want thank you and do not need your permission. What I said if you care to understand is that there seemed to be more noise today but on TV it does not indicate from where in the ground. I was not being derogatory in any sense but if you have taken offence then that is your rather disturbing problem.

3 hours ago, The turtle said:

Not sure if it's sound mic, TV , or perception, but it sounds beyond quiet today. About the only thing can hear is the buzz of conversation.

Has the move been less effective today?

I was in E30 and heard nothing from the A block “Ultras”. On the other hand there was a lot of noise from the standing section at the Dolman / South Stand corner. Strange with the Blackburn fans as they didn’t make a peep except when there was the first goal. You’d think that anyone who traveled that distance to stand in  the cold would be a bit more enthusiastic 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I'll reply to any thread I want thank you and do not need your permission. What I said if you care to understand is that there seemed to be more noise today but on TV it does not indicate from where in the ground. I was not being derogatory in any sense but if you have taken offence then that is your rather disturbing problem.

It’s just the sly remarks that you’ve made above and earlier in this thread.

It’s just unnecessary… but ‘hey ho’

• Like 2