IGNORED

‘A Block Ultras’

OliOTIB

Interesting post I saw online.

Glad to see that a) They are aware of any potential issued and b) Are getting the message out there early, could be useful for nipping in the bud.

Sure the majority and certainly the leaders are decent and passionate but there will be a few idiots among those who go there...bit of self-policing may help?

Screenshot_20230213-145327_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8470444a8c2d23d604acc23299afed0a.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It was like wiping your arse with greaseproof paper. I`m sure it was an economy thing - you could wash the crap off and reuse the `paper`.

Yeah, still using a roll pinched from the Football Special train to York, March '84. 

Edited by Bristol Oil Services
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 1

11 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Yeah, still using a roll pinched from the Football Special train to York, March '84. 

Clearly weren’t brought up proper.

Izal had 2 sides. Coarse grade sandpaper one side for the scrape, smooth side fine grade for the final polish. Very effective.

To her final days my Mum denied ever supplying our household with such Neanderthal-type products, claiming use of soft tissue only. My arse knows the truth though. 

Only on OTIB could a football-related topic end up with discussions such as these!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, RedRock said:

Clearly weren’t brought up proper.

Izal had 2 sides. Coarse grade sandpaper one side for the scrape, smooth side fine grade for the final polish. Very effective.

To her final days my Mum denied ever supplying our household with such Neanderthal-type products, claiming use of soft tissue only. My arse knows the truth though. 

Only on OTIB could a football-related topic end up with discussions such as these!

That must have been your shiny brass eye disturbing my vision v Coventry. 
domino saints sun GIF by Rebel 11 Pictures
Redrock changing his swimming trunks at Knightstone harbour. 

Edited by Major Isewater

On 13/02/2023 at 15:00, Mr Popodopolous said:

Interesting post I saw online.

Glad to see that a) They are aware of any potential issued and b) Are getting the message out there early, could be useful for nipping in the bud.

Sure the majority and certainly the leaders are decent and passionate but there will be a few idiots among those who go there...bit of self-policing may help?

Screenshot_20230213-145327_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8470444a8c2d23d604acc23299afed0a.jpg

Did notice a bit of aggro in there on Saturday from the next block along. Bit embarrassing seeing our fans kicking off at each other... Stewards seem to quickly sort it.

Another cautionary tale.

No two cases are the same and I freely admit to knowing veey little about the Stoke case but if this is accurate- there could be an element of frightening the horses to help promote compliance ie overstating the issue/pressure then it is pertinent here as Safety Advisory Groups seem to be getting more assertive around this issue.

See also Sheffield United and restrictions on their Kop.

In our E34, gangways don't appear to be blocked? Overcrowding? Persistent standing certainly.

Screenshot_20230225-011903_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a27856d30ce44aea9f42bd3d9dfddaab.jpg

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

13 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Since when did the term Ultras become part of English football? It is a European football term. Is it proof that Bristolians did not vote for Brexit? 

It was used for the first time by Corinthian Casuals around 1910 if I remember correctly. 

Ahead of the curve those boys. 

Edited by Rebounder
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Has the Ultra thing fizzled out? I couldn’t hear anything coming from A block in the Dolman 

First game up there for me today, was about 20-30 kids who spent most of the team looking at and goading away fans to be honest.

Fair play for the effort but concentrate on us a bit more 

16 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

No point at home to Hull.

Against the Welsh, London slags or any team bringing numbers, it's a grand idea to pack that block and provoke an atmosphere. 

Seems to be the way it's been so far. Big away following = big atmosphere, but it struggles to get going for the visit of a few hundred Northerners.

• Like 1

I remember when I went to Palace away in 2011, relegation clash under Millen.

Stewards seemed quite keen to enforce the all-seater rule with us but to our left there was a small group of noisy fans. They were left alone, I guess that was the early days of their ultras, Holmesdale Fanatics to give them their self-proclaimed correct title.

Would that have been in Phil Alexander's time? They certainly seem to have encouraged their vocal fans.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

On 21/03/2023 at 09:38, OliOTIB said:

The organisers of the group said that they are having several discussions with the club in the summer and they are looking into the option of safe standing 

Hopefully they can agree something that suits all parties.

• Like 2

• SC&T Board Members
18 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I remember when I went to Palace away in 2011, relegation clash under Millen.

Stewards seemed quite keen to enforce the all-seater rule with us but to our left there was a small group of noisy fans. They were left alone, I guess that was the early days of their ultras, Holmesdale Fanatics to give them their self-proclaimed correct title.

Would that have been in Phil Alexander's time? They certainly seem to have encouraged their vocal fans.

Yes, the HF grew considerably durng PA's time at Palace. Also encouraged not least by Steve Parish, who felt their non-stop vocal support gave Palace at that time a unique home advantage.

• Thanks 1

On 21/03/2023 at 09:38, OliOTIB said:

The organisers of the group said that they are having several discussions with the club in the summer and they are looking into the option of safe standing 

Good on them for discussing it but I can't see how any standing in E34 won't bugger us up in the old 'B' block and I'm right next to E34, right by the aisle.

Sorry fellas.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1