IGNORED

‘A Block Ultras’

OliOTIB

19 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Would that have been in Phil Alexander's time? They certainly seem to have encouraged their vocal fans.

25 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

Yes, the HF grew considerably durng PA's time at Palace. Also encouraged not least by Steve Parish, who felt their non-stop vocal support gave Palace at that time a unique home advantage.

Pop, as @Blagdon red says Alexander has extensive knowledge of groups like the HF. He used to meet with them regularly - ie almost monthly. My understanding is that it was a broadly positive and collaborative relationship.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Whats happened to this lot?

A block was about 1/3 full yesterday.

All sat down & not singing.

Has this novel idea died a quick death? 

1 hour ago, OliOTIB said:

Noticed a vast amount of seats sold for season tickets in the bottom half of the A block

This season they all had STs in S82 and moved to block A. Next season they'll all have STs in block A and will move to S82. ?

• Haha 2

As a S82’er, I am concerned that all the 18 year olds moving to ABlock will be replaced with 12 year olds haha. Any of you lot wanting to move in and create an atmosphere next year please do?

42 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

Just seen the instagram, safe standing rails being put up in the block. Interesting considering in the FAQs they mentioned no persistent standing

All seems to ultimately be a great example of club and fans listening to each other and working together to accommodate things.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

I was thinking along the same lines, whose Instagram?

Owner of the page, not actually the ABLOCK instagram. However he has confirmed privately now to me that they have reached an agreement with the club for the rails to be put there.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Who's Instagram? 

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

All seems to ultimately be a great example of club and fans listening to each other and working together to accommodate things.

Yeh true. Especially considering the group who started the movement are in there late teens I believe.

• Admin
3 hours ago, OliOTIB said:

Owner of the page, not actually the ABLOCK instagram. However he has confirmed privately now to me that they have reached an agreement with the club for the rails to be put there.

Interesting that those already in E34 haven't had this message conveyed to them. 

I'd say it was a pretty important factor to mention, especially as many have sat within that block for years 

6 hours ago, OliOTIB said:

Just seen the instagram, safe standing rails being put up in the block. Interesting considering in the FAQs they mentioned no persistent standing

Just to clarify there isn't actually any pictures of rails being installed, it was just a message you received? 

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

Interesting that those already in E34 haven't had this message conveyed to them. 

I'd say it was a pretty important factor to mention, especially as many have sat within that block for years 

Just to clarify there isn't actually any pictures of rails being installed, it was just a message you received? 

Terrible news for me if this is true with all possible respect to those that want this and a kick in the teeth for those of us already in that immediate area.

My elderly dad and myself sit in the first 2 seats in E33, right next to E34 so won't be able to see the Dolman / Atyeo corner without standing up. Not an issue for me but dad is 87!

He's been unsure if he will renew for next season and this would probably mean he won't go anymore.

We've had the same 2 seats since 1977 so it might well mean less games for me as well.

Bad, bad news and poor from the club, if true! :(

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

• Admin
Just now, Ska Junkie said:

Terrible news for me if this is true with all possible respect to those that want this and a kick in the teeth for those of us already in that immediate area.

My elderly dad and myself sit in the first 2 seats in E33, right next to E34 so won't be able to see the Dolman / Atyeo corner without standing up. Not an issue for me but dad is 87!

He's been unsure if he will renew for next season and this would probably mean he won't go anymore.

We've had the same 2 seats since 1977 so it might well mean less games for me as well.

With no disrespect to the OP, this is only from one person and nobody associated with the club.

It certainly hadn't been mentioned to the SC&T for feedback by the last meeting two weeks ago 

It'd be appalling from the club to implement this without any consultation with those supporters already in and around E34. 

Personally I'll believe it when I see it 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

With no disrespect to the OP, this is only from one person and nobody associated with the club.

It certainly hadn't been mentioned to the SC&T for feedback by the last meeting two weeks ago 

It'd be appalling from the club to implement this without any consultation with those supporters already in and around E34. 

Personally I'll believe it when I see it 

Thanks Phantom. I' did say 'if true' to be fair.

I'll chastise the club IF this is found to be accurate, not before. ?

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

Just to clarify, the word about rails being installed was me PRIVATELY messaging the owner of the ‘ABLOCK’ instagram. His exact words were, and I quote ‘Rails getting put in’ suggesting the obvious. He has also suggested that the group have had several meetings with the club regarding this. This is not official news.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, OliOTIB said:

Just to clarify, the word about rails being installed was me PRIVATELY messaging the owner of the ‘ABLOCK’ instagram. His exact words were, and I quote ‘Rails getting put in’ suggesting the obvious. He has also suggested that the group have had several meetings with the club regarding this. This is not official news.

The club were certainly amenable to having conversations with fans about it.

Felt like something was afoot - this was in the Bears season ticket FAQs...

23. I am a Season Ticket holder in E34 but have been asked to move.

As previously communicated via email, we are asking Season Ticket holders within block E34 of the Dolman Stand to move to another block within the same stand or another part of the stadium.

• Like 2

On 11/01/2023 at 08:34, ExiledAjax said:

Plus, I know it isn't the most popular spot for ST holders, but there will be a few in there. Anyone asked them if they're ok with this? Given they may have specifically bought their ST there on the basis that it isn't near the corner.

Having said that, I would generally be in favour of moving the vocal home fans nearer the away fans. It just might be something that needs to be done 'properly' - although if the catalyst for a 'proper' move is an organic ad hoc move - then so be it.

Why not just move back to the centre of the South Stand and get the people on each side involved. East End used to be load and aggressive

4 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Why not just move back to the centre of the South Stand and get the people on each side involved. East End used to be load and aggressive

Yes it did BUT everyone stood up!!!

You CANNOT have people stood next to people sat down in the middle because the people sat down can't see!!

• Like 1

This was always gonna annoy a few people that sit in the area but the atmosphere will always be stale at Ashton gate until there’s a larger amount of home fans stood next to away fans . A poxy little corner the other end of the ground is nothing short of embarrassing and fair play to the club for finally being willing to try something different.

14 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Worth speaking to the club and explaining your situation. Hopefully they can find somewhere appropriate for your Dad and yourself. I’m all for creating an atmosphere but long standing loyal fans like yourselves should be looked after. You’ve had a lot to put up with! 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Felt like something was afoot - this was in the Bears season ticket FAQs...

Why would it be in the Bears FAQ's - Is there a group of Bears fans that want to move nearer away fans?

2 hours ago, Galley is our king said:

Yes it did BUT everyone stood up!!!

You CANNOT have people stood next to people sat down in the middle because the people sat down can't see!!

Galley.....No need of the capitalisation there.  You make it sound like this has been explained umpteen times to anyone on any post about atmosphere....Oh wait....as you were.....

17 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Why would it be in the Bears FAQ's - Is there a group of Bears fans that want to move nearer away fans?

I took it to suggest there'd be some physical changes to the block - I don't think it'd make any sense to just close the block for stewarding purposes if it was just a single block.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hollydog said:

Worth speaking to the club and explaining your situation. Hopefully they can find somewhere appropriate for your Dad and yourself. I’m all for creating an atmosphere but long standing loyal fans like yourselves should be looked after. You’ve had a lot to put up with! 

With all possible respect, we've sat in the same seats with (mostly) the same people for 46 years, why should we move?

S82 were given the corner, which was asked for and given, moving those that sat there previously and now the same thing again. What happens when they want to move again?

Had a chat with dad about this and he won't bother again if this happened after over 65 years and the same for me without dad. He has sat behind the same bloke since we moved in the first division days, a personal friend now.

If the club decide to do this, so be it. I'm not criticising just posting an alternative position.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 9

14 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

With all possible respect, we've sat in the same seats with (mostly) the same people for 46 years, why should we move?

S82 were given the corner, which was asked for and given, moving those that sat there previously and now the same thing again. What happens when they want to move again?

Had a chat with dad about this and he won't bother again if this happened after over 65 years and the same for me without dad. He has sat behind the same bloke since we moved in the first division days, a personal friend now.

If the club decide to do this, so be it. I'm not criticising just posting an alternative position.

Did S82 ask to be put in that corner? I very much doubt it, they've been moved to all corners of the ground over the years. I get the feeling this is where the club wanted to put them.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, Packman said:

Did S82 ask to be put in that corner? I very much doubt it, they've been moved to all corners of the ground over the years. I get the feeling this is where the club wanted to put them.

People were moved due to S82 going there, it was a 'family corner' previously IIRC.

I'm not having a pop at S82 or anyone for asking but the club are wrong if they agree to safe standing in the Dolman and I will tell them that / have already emailed (no reply yet).