IGNORED

new CEO on Radio Bristol

Never to the dark side

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

We are & I was reflecting on Gould’s “top 10 salaries” comment on my run this morning.

First thought was are we still really doing that?
But on reflection the squad includes Kalas, Bentley, Dasilva, Martin & Massengo all on the wage bill, none of whom for a variety of reasons are starting, almost certain none of which will be with us next season. There is possibly an argument we might offer Kalas something but not even on half what he’s on now, I guess.

Then we are in the last months of Wells higher wages, which is another significant sum, so that’s where a lot of this is tied up, making this summer financially much more like Pearson’s first one when we moved on about 15 players than the one just gone, when 5 went.

I think it will be interesting to see where our 2022 wage bill sits when several more clubs announce last seasons accounts.

But as you say whilst we still have players on pre-covid contracts it’s skewing our wage bill. Come this summer we won’t have any players on stupid (for now) deals.

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

I don’t think we’re in a position to judge that. His time here reminds me a lot of Adam Nagy. You don’t get to play more than 50 times for Hungary if you’re “not very good” at second tier level. But we rarely saw much in Nagy that demonstrated that. Because we never gave him a settled role in a settled side. Same with HNM.

Which is why it’s best for all concerned that he move on as quickly as possible. On that I think we’ll agree ?

HNM has been judged that’s why he doesn’t play. 

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

@W-S-M Seagullta.  I listened back last night.  20Man is a good interviewer, he put Gould under a lot of pressure with his questions.  Gould was a bit woolly with some if his answers but got pressed and pressed.

I kinda felt that Gould was a little bit annoyed to be asked certain questions. But Geoff is good. He presses the questions and if he doesn't get a proper answer he'll come back to it later on. 

I think maybe I'd have liked Geoff to ask what we would be doing in this window if no sales occur. 

29 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Bentley doesn’t play either. The same Bentley who’s got 250 Championship appearance, 400 league appearances under his belt.

Is he “not very good” too? 

Bentley is good but out of form. 

Massengo is good with little drag backs and put ting his body in the way. But he can’t shoot, pass more than three yards, does not apply assists, doesn’t track back quickly enough,  shanks clearances. Etc etc etc 

if he could do any or all of the above he would be playing despite of his contract situation and someone would have made a tangible offer and he would already be gone.  He isn’t and he’s getting odd games in the U21s 

I’m sorry if people find the facts unpalatable but he doesn’t provide enough. Maybe he will find a club and become the player most thought he was, but on any kind of form he isn’t worth a place in our squad and it seems anyone else’s. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Bentley is good but out of form. 

Massengo is good with little drag backs and put ting his body in the way. But he can’t shoot, pass more than three yards, does not apply assists, doesn’t track back quickly enough,  shanks clearances. Etc etc etc 

And yet……100 Championship appearances, and barely 21. 

• Like 2