IGNORED

Cameron Pring

Red Army 75

It's his birthday in a week- 22nd Jan and will be turn 25- in his prime yet has time on his side to get better.

He's played for Merthyr , Hereford, Walsall, Cheltenham, Portsmouth, Guernsey , Newport and, of course, BCFC. 

He must have wondered where the hell his career was going but he fought his way back into contention through utter self conviction and hard work. A west country lad.

Take a bow, Cameron Pring - I'll bet you'll sleep happy tonight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

It's his birthday in a week- 22nd Jan and will be turn 25- in his prime yet has time on his side to get better.

He's played for Merthyr , Hereford, Walsall, Cheltenham, Portsmouth, Guernsey , Newport and, of course, BCFC. 

He must have wondered where the hell his career was going but he fought his way back into contention through utter self conviction and hard work. A west country lad.

Take a bow, Cameron Pring - I'll bet you'll sleep happy tonight.

IIRC I think he said when he came back from his last loan and had a chat with NP it was the first time he`d really felt wanted at the club.

34 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

IIRC I think he said when he came back from his last loan and had a chat with NP it was the first time he`d really felt wanted at the club.

Very possibly but I think having been largely left out of the picture- the rise of Cameron Pring is down to the determination and ability of Cameron Pring.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

30 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

What decision did he get wrong today? If you’re being picky he didn’t claim one cross that he came for. Anything else?

One time in the 2nd half he rushed way out of his pen area when there were enough defenders there. Did the same against ? at home recently when an opposition player put it back over his head from distance into the net. Today he stuck a hand out and pushed the ball away. Apart from that he was decent.

4 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

One time in the 2nd half he rushed way out of his pen area when there were enough defenders there. Did the same against ? at home recently when an opposition player put it back over his head from distance into the net. Today he stuck a hand out and pushed the ball away. Apart from that he was decent.

Fair enough he got that decision wrong but did the right thing in going through with it anyway. The worst thing you can do is come and then stop - the reason Bentley got dropped in the first place after his horror show at Birmingham.

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Just needs to add goals to be the perfect WB. Strong, pacey , can tackle and has added assists . Just needs those Joe Bryan shots to step to the next level.

Much like Joe Bryan, who was often better going forward than defending, if we play 4-4-2, I would have Cam Pring as a left midfielder, with Dasilva behind him at left back, just as Bryan had Magnússon behind him during our best run under Johnson in 2017-18. Whether Nige would ever go 4-4-2 is another matter though.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Much like Joe Bryan, who was often better going forward than defending, if we play 4-4-2, I would have Cam Pring as a left midfielder, with Dasilva behind him at left back, just as Bryan had Magnússon behind him during our best run under Johnson in 2017-18. Whether Nige would ever go 4-4-2 is another matter though.

Dasilva is not Magnússon! The Icelander was a proper defender whereas Dasilva is not a good defender. In fact where on the pitch is he worthy of a place in the team?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Percy Pig said:

Behave. He was fine. Both goals mistakes in front of him. Claimed or punched everything. Organised well. He's a good keeper. 

He’s bang average same as Bentley , neither the answer need a new keeper for sure , max got away with one  wrongly coming off his line but committed so made the save second one he came then  back-pedalled  both poor decisions …

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Dasilva is not Magnússon! The Icelander was a proper defender whereas Dasilva is not a good defender. In fact where on the pitch is he worthy of a place in the team?

Pring is a far better option as a wing back compared to Dasilva because he offers so much more going forward. From a defensive perspective, I think that there is a lot less to choose between them. So the suggestion was if Nige wanted to change formation, and needed a left side midfielder, Cam is possibly the best option that we have.

Edited by Dr Balls
  • Like 1

The best physical option we have in that position, and also he gambles (hence the penalty, which can happen) but i love that. This guy has really stepped up and grapped the shirt. Hard to argue against the MOTM award.

Fair play, Cam looked like a man on a mission.

Shout outs to Zak and Matty James for more quiet but at the same time excellent performances.

Oh and then we have Alex Scott and Antoine...SHHHHH to any scouts there today,  unless you're talking silly money.

Edited by AppyDAZE

Pring's assist for the third goal was a joy to watch. Played in by a very good Alex Scott pass  he totally evaded two lead-footed Brum defenders to put over a cross that  the tea lady could've put in. 

He's growing into quite some player- and seems to be flying under the talent-spotter's radar. 

• Like 4

I can't stop singing his praise but it's also making me a little concerned as the lad is currently playing a Top 6 Championship team quality, if he continues I'd even say he'd be a good buy for a lower Premier League team. With Scott and Semenyo being talked about a lot if Semenyo wasn't to find a team now I wonder if the club would start considering bids on Pring. Scott will get attention the more he plays, that's a certainty but if no-one is willing to meet the clubs expectations in the fee and Semenyo ends up running down his contract I can't see anyone else that we could sell for a fee.

This is one of the most frustrating parts of seeing the Academy do well. We finally develop some more quality talent since selling our last group and financially we need to sell again to keep a float. I think at this point I'm resigned to the fact we'll lose Scott and Semenyo and that we'll be letting a lot of players go too but seeing a club see Prings ability and progress and making an offer too big to say not to would be a proper kick in the nuts right now.

7 hours ago, Malago said:

Brilliant going forwards.  Has a tendency to get square on when tackling as we saw today, something which is easily sorted.  Despite that MoM IMHO, with a nod to Matty James, who also had a v good game.

That penalty he gave away was because actually he’s a robot, and was trying to make himself look human, in case anyone has sussed he’s not one.

"I'm a cybernetic organism. Living tissue over a metal endoskeleton."

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

16 minutes ago, Spike said:

I can't stop singing his praise but it's also making me a little concerned as the lad is currently playing a Top 6 Championship team quality, if he continues I'd even say he'd be a good buy for a lower Premier League team. With Scott and Semenyo being talked about a lot if Semenyo wasn't to find a team now I wonder if the club would start considering bids on Pring. Scott will get attention the more he plays, that's a certainty but if no-one is willing to meet the clubs expectations in the fee and Semenyo ends up running down his contract I can't see anyone else that we could sell for a fee.

This is one of the most frustrating parts of seeing the Academy do well. We finally develop some more quality talent since selling our last group and financially we need to sell again to keep a float. I think at this point I'm resigned to the fact we'll lose Scott and Semenyo and that we'll be letting a lot of players go too but seeing a club see Prings ability and progress and making an offer too big to say not to would be a proper kick in the nuts right now.

…and yet some say there has been no improvement under Nige in 2 years.

Pring, Tanner, Vyner, O’Leary, Semenyo, Conway, Wells, Weimann (last season), Atkinson.

Okay, some of their development will be “natural” due to age and gaining experience, their own desire, but surely Nige and the coaches deserve some credit too.

I didn’t include Scott, he’s a bit different!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Mike Stone said:

Another great performance by Cam again yesterday and how strong physically does he look as well.

I recall last season a certain poster who is no longer on here (no, not that one) kept going on about Pring’s lack of fitness.  No consideration that it was his breakthrough season and the gruelling demands of Championship football from that poster.

Another ✅ for Rennie and the team.  Every game he’s started this season he’s completed the full 90.

Seen a few comments elsewhere e.g. Twitter, saying Cam is a great attacking full-back but not so good defensively. Yeah, he gave away a pen yesterday, but his one-v-one defending is fantastic.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Vidal said:

People are getting ahead of themselves. An excellent month for him so far, I think we underestimate just how easy Birmingham made it for him when he pushed forward. Needs to add consistency to elements of his game, especially his decision making and passing.

Nige alluded to this in his post-match interview. He's a good footballer, but not yet the finished article. 

• Like 1