IGNORED

Not a penalty, but…

formerly known as ivan

12 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Yeah, but Neptune has never been awarded a penalty in its entire history and there are others too.

Someone has a short memory. Saturn v Neptune in the SpaceX Interplanetary trophy last March. Utterly blatant dive by the Neptune striker but the ref pointed straight to the spot.

Of course, the penalty was skied into orbit and Saturn went onto win 4-1, which may be why you have forgotten it.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Cityboy1954 said:

But the lino Dolman side was shit 

Indeedy. He was totally out of position and therefore missed their offside goal, then there was the time he flagged Semenyo offside in the first half, when Antoine had three blue shirts between him and goal. No other City player was as far advanced, so I can only assume the official had some sort of blindness that made him unable to see the colour blue!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Indeedy. He was totally out of position and therefore missed their offside goal, then there was the time he flagged Semenyo offside in the first half, when Antoine had three blue shirts between him and goal. No other City player was as far advanced, so I can only assume the official had some sort of blindness that made him unable to see the colour blue!

Mysteriously gave Rob Atkinson offside in similar circumstances too.

• Like 1

Viewing the incident on the "normal" match coverage camera it looked a foul by Wells.

However, when looking at it on the camera behind the goal ( so head on) Long had his left arm  across Wells trying to impede him ( should be a foul, but too often missed or let go by referees) and Wells just outmuscled the defender. 

Had the defender not extended his arm, then the ref might Well have penalised Wells.

38 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Viewing the incident on the "normal" match coverage camera it looked a foul by Wells.

However, when looking at it on the camera behind the goal ( so head on) Long had his left arm  across Wells trying to impede him ( should be a foul, but too often missed or let go by referees) and Wells just outmuscled the defender. 

Had the defender not extended his arm, then the ref might Well have penalised Wells.

I imagine the club with do a red zone video tomorrow seeing as we won. They’ve already posted the behind goal angle on Twitter this morning.

Long run backwards shows he’s not really picked up the line of Naismith’s header, nor has he any clue of where Wells is. All Wells really does is gain half a yard on Long and get his body on a better line to chase the ball than Long. Once Wells has done that, Long either decides to try to run alongside him and put him off, or try to go on the line if the ball. Essentially he runs into the back of Wells.  And that is the key for me as to why it wasn’t a foul. 

57 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I imagine the club with do a red zone video tomorrow seeing as we won. They’ve already posted the behind goal angle on Twitter this morning.

Long run backwards shows he’s not really picked up the line of Naismith’s header, nor has he any clue of where Wells is. All Wells really does is gain half a yard on Long and get his body on a better line to chase the ball than Long. Once Wells has done that, Long either decides to try to run alongside him and put him off, or try to go on the line if the ball. Essentially he runs into the back of Wells.  And that is the key for me as to why it wasn’t a foul. 

Was Semenyo offside for the one late on? I was in the south stand and also not concentrating on whether semenyo might be off or not. The ball bounced and span a bit but no city player touched it after the initial ball. I assume he was well off though originally.

My main gripe with that though is the challenge on Semenyo irrespective of being offside or not was a bit of a shocker,  their guy lunged from behind and landed on Semenyo's ankle nowhere near getting the ball, really should have been a booking irrespective of offsides.

Agree with the earlier point about the ref being poor in the last 15, he really was just making consistantly poor decisions having been fine for most of the rest of the game. 

• Like 1