IGNORED

Penalty's at the top table

1960maaan

Another story of VAR + Prem football = dubious Pens and Non Pens.

This week on a continuing theme .....

1) Brentford and Ivan Toney mugging off the Ref with the aid of VAR. Toney cleverly (?) grips the CBs arm under his and falls down. I don't blame the Ref, but VAR have time and a clear view and still give the Pen. The snap shows the start of the incident, you could argue that the last contact has the CBs arm around Toney, but first grab/pull is clear, and ignored.

461549429_Screenshot2023-01-15at09_56_17.png.ca9a47a359680f4765de6fe54d5a12cd.png

1954932095_Screenshot2023-01-15at09_57_53.png.0c6163bef8f472c860c3dc2e43803390.png

2) Leeds at Villa, Rodrigo has a chance saved but as he bursts through defender has both hands on him. The thing for me is after, defender looks worried , but again VAR prove pointless .

I do wonder if we were in the Prem whether we would actually get more Penalty's, or more angry that we don't get more Penalty's. 

Anyway City won , so Happy Sunday People .

Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 10.06.27.png

Thought Fulham's was a bit soft today. Was disallowed anyway as Mitrovic slipped but do you know how many Fulham have been awarded?

7 in 20 League games. Midtable to upper midtable and decent side though they are that's a bit mad.

What would be interesting is a) The average number per game and b) A breakdown of VAR award vs VAR uphold.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous