IGNORED

Bedminster Cricket ground parking.

BCFC1512

2 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Ditto.

Really used to enjoy a couple of pints at the Cricket Club too. Nice atmosphere and great when there was some cricket to watch. 

Saw the land to the side acquired by someone else and fenced off. The reduced capacity, and increased prices, at the Cricket Club then saw me off. 

Actually, there does seem a bit of a trend for me. Ship and Castle ..closed & demolished….transferred to The Wedlock’s…closed and demolished ..transferred to the Cricket Club ..  main parking area sold off.

Moved out travelling up by car mostly now and come up by train - so head to the Docks area. 

Yeah we mostly come by train, but some night games and when trains not running we drive up 

8 hours ago, weepywall said:

£25 is ridiculous, I live in Bath and when the rugby is on there are a couple of places that have parking spaces and they charge £9 for all day.

An alternative coming from Bath is to use the Brislington P&R . £4.90 return or free if eligible for a free travel pass.

3 hours ago, italian dave said:

Is there an agreement in place for us to use this now?

I’m all for free parking….but not if there’s a risk I’ll end up with a fine or towed car as a consequence! 

Don’t think there’s an agreement but loads do it. There’s a massive 1500 parking places and when we play it’s rarely even a quarter full.

If you do feel nervous that you’ll pick the day they finally clamp down on it, get on the bus, pay £2 and get off at the Ashton Gate stop which isn’t by the ground strangely but just past by them newish apartments and it’s a 5 minute walk.

Normally I’d keep quiet about a free parking space but there’s literally hundreds of free spaces that quite honestly should be advertised as available to use, even if we had to start paying a small fee to pay for someone to oversee it.

The pavement is a bit narrow and yesterday very muddy and maybe that’s a H&S issue, I don’t know.

I understand because of mobility issues this wouldn’t suit everyone but it’d help a lot of people. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

Can’t believe people are paying to park for a home game. Assuming you know your way around BS3…

Where can I park for free at 2:45pm please?

32 minutes ago, mightyreds89 said:

It amazes me how many people pay to park, I’ve been going since 1989 and driven to the games since 1997 and I’ve never once spent a penny on parking. I normally arrive around 1:50/1:55 and park just off of Winterstoke road within minutes. 

Getting there that early I’m not surprised you don’t pay. If you get there for 2:45 you have to pay or miss the start of the game 

4 hours ago, redkev said:

The bedminster cricket club so annoys me , the monies they have made from events at Ashton gate , football/rugby/concerts etc + ballon fiesta have all helped towards the upgrade of the club house the covers for the cricket square and basically very good facilities. They must be one of the most well off local cricket clubs in Bristol.

im sure the few times I parked there a fair few years ago now the people organising the parking were a fair few well known city fans from south Bristol , looks like they have gone from looking after their own to fleecing their own , pure greed in my eyes unless those familier  faces are not there any more . Sad indictment of the world we live in I suppose .

It’s not their land and not them charging this fee 

• Like 1

I’ve been parking free near the ground for around 50 years now. But these days I have to get there ridiculously early - by 1.30. That doesn’t bother me - I either sit in the car and listen to Radio 5 or stroll up to the Tobacco factory and get chips at the Willow Garden.

I was starting to think that getting an Uber to the pub pre-match was a tad flamboyant, but with stories of parking charges, it isn't bad value at all! 

My theory being, pre-match there is a time I want to arrive, so get transport. Post match - might go for a pint, might bimble back, might jump on a bus and then go for a pint so time is less of a factor.

Surprised the club haven't instigated some sort of car-share type arrangement so that those who want to go but aren't on a well served bus-service have the chance to share fuel and parking costs with someone who lives local to them. 

Come up from Taunton for home games. Get off M5 at Clevedon, over the hills and into the Park and Ride. Always somewhere to park by the entrance even when it is shut. Free parking and a 20 min stroll to the ground. After the match an easy exit as well. Highly recommended.

7 minutes ago, burhou said:

Come up from Taunton for home games. Get off M5 at Clevedon, over the hills and into the Park and Ride. Always somewhere to park by the entrance even when it is shut. Free parking and a 20 min stroll to the ground. After the match an easy exit as well. Highly recommended.

That was 'Up From Taunton' with their new release, 'Over and the Hills' 

download 1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

After abandoning our bus-going experiment - just too unreliable - me and my Zummerzet matchday companions have never struggled to find somewhere to park within a 10-minute walk from the Gate. 

If you can parallel park and don't drive a tank, there are spaces to be found in various locations every Saturday. Evening matches in the week and early kick-offs are a little more challenging, but the furthest we've ever had to go is South Liberty Lane. We refuse on principle to pay. 

We always arrive early enough to get a few pints in, but if, for some reason, we're late arriving, I have a few relatives in the area I tap up for parking spots. 

Leaving by car through Bemmy is a bit tougher these days as roadworks seem to regularly gridlock it.

50 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Anybody who thinks they can roll up and park at 2.45, let alone for free, really needs to consider alternative transport arrangements :rolleyes:

Exactly. I can’t understand the ‘why would anyone pay to park?’ posts.  Some people cannot get to the ground until late so have no choice unless they sprint to the game from one mile away!  

I pay just over £200 for a season ticket in Wickes car park.  I’d rather be able to park for free, but parking the van with a rear access ramp and then getting Joe onto the pavement isn’t what Ashton / Bedminster was built for.

In some respects as I get a free carers ticket to watch, I kind accept that’s the cost!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, RedRock said:

Actually, there does seem a bit of a trend for me.

Ship and Castle .. closed & demolished …. transferred to The Wedlock’s…closed and demolished ..transferred to the Cricket Club ..  main parking area sold off.

Any chance you could start parking at the Memorial Stadium?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Exactly. I can’t understand the ‘why would anyone pay to park?’ posts.  Some people cannot get to the ground until late so have no choice unless they sprint to the game from one mile away!  

I’m not sure I was in total agreement with you……..

Park, free or otherwise at 2.45…..no chance

Park for free in parts of Ashton / bedminster…..absolutely doable if you don’t mind a little walk and or getting there around 1.00

19 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

There’s plenty of free on-street parking closer to the ground than the cricket club. You just need to know where to look ?

……admittedly you need you arrive much earlier, but it saves over 20 lots of parking fees each season.

Are you the chap that parks up in front of my house at 11am for a 3pm ko, then sits in his car until 2:55? ?

• Haha 2

On 15/01/2023 at 13:14, ExiledAjax said:

Lads. Get Just Park and you'll pay far less (rarely more than a tenner) than that to park on someone's driveway. Pick exactly where you want to park, how long you want to pay for, pre pay on the app, and don't queue in and out of a busy car park.

On 15/01/2023 at 13:15, Club and Country said:

Use this for Bristol airport and has saved me a fortune in the past 

I used this last week for Heathrow airport for 8 days. Heathrow wanted £170+, I then looked at some companies that meet you at the drop off point and take your car a few miles away to their place and drop it back when you land, and that was about £92 (few dodgy reviews of high mileage on the clock and long waits when you land). I then looked at this and got the same 8 days for £45, and the person will do airport transfers too, plus it's less than a mile away anyway so no issue if they couldn't do that.