IGNORED

Who else is going to miss Gouldie?

SecretSam

On 16/01/2023 at 08:21, Rob k said:

You say a big loss - but what has he done to make you think that? (I’m not saying he won’t be by the way, i don’t know)

A very well qualified sports administrator, who gets on and does his stuff, highly rated at Surrey and headhunted by the ECB, brought the club some stability compared to his predecessor, a seemingly trusted and allowed to get on with it. How many public interventions and interviews have the Lansdown’s done of late? I’ve been impressed by the public stuff he has done, the forum etc, plus a good interview with Twentyman on Sat too. A reassuring presence I think.

• Like 2

On 16/01/2023 at 19:38, PHILINFRANCE said:

Sit Clarior, Sit Dignior,

Quotquot....

Sumus Bristolienses

Can't say I've got that many fond memories of BGS but you can't fault the old school song.

Only sang on the last day of term iirc., so sang with extra gusto because we were all excited to be getting out of there for a while!

Sumus Bristolienses, what a great line.

On 16/01/2023 at 10:29, The Puppet Show said:

I was in the same class as Gouldie (BGS 81-88), and in the same school football team. I can categorically confirm that he was an excellent goalkeeper. His brother always had ambitions of professional football (as a midfielder) but Rich was definitely a better ‘keeper. From what I can remember, he had no interest in pursuing that as a career though, he was more interested in an army career as a lad

Year below me, then, so we probably knew each other!

On 16/01/2023 at 08:02, SecretSam said:

...I can call him that 'cos I went to school with him! 

Anyway, it's been an absolute privilege having Richard Gould in charge at Bristol City, and I'm gutted he's going.

No, to used to take my dinner money and flushed my head down the toilet on more than one occasion.  To be fair he did just get with it in a quiet way without seeking the limelight, so he'll get my respect for that.   

Edited by Red Skin
  • Haha 2