IGNORED

Mudryk to Chelsea and £22 million to the defence of Ukraine

Marina's Rolls Royce

Chelsea have secured the transfer of Mykhailo Mudryk from Shakhtar Donetsk for up to £89 million but Shakhtar are donating £22 million of the fee to the army, defence and families of Mariupol victims.

This surely is a first for a football club giving away such a huge and vital sum to the defence of its country?

I hope Mudryk does well in the Prem and that this donation by Shakhtar helps in Ukraine's brave fight against the russian filth.

This football club no longer have a home stadium with games being played initially in Lviv some 800 miles away and now in Kyiv - 500 miles away with Champions League "home" matches played in Poland. I wish them well.

• Like 10

Was widely reported that Mudryk really wanted to join Arsenal but that Chelsea outbid them.

Wonder how he’ll feel listening to his new club’s fans chanting for Putin’s very good mate Abramovich to come back?

Good that some of the fee is going to help Ukrainians though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Where are Chelsea getting all this money from? Spent an absolute fortune and still shite

It's completely bonkers. They spent quarter of a billion pounds in the summer, the most any club in the world has ever spent in a transfer window.

Now, halfway through January, their season's spend is already up to nearly £400m.

On the back of 40k crowds. FFP, my arse.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It's completely bonkers. They spent quarter of a billion pounds in the summer, the most any club in the world has ever spent in a transfer window.

Now, halfway through January, their season's spend is already up to nearly £400m.

8 minutes ago, jj77 said:

8 1/2 year contract as well

Amortisation, so all above board ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashton Hero said:

Russian filth?

Some of those dying in Russia are conscripted soldiers who possibly have as much contempt for Putin as you. 

Its a fantastic gesture, but Chelsea should just have just donated the money as excess from the fee anyway, in acknowledgement of the fact that they were bankrolled by Abramovich's looted blood money for far too long. 

Yes, it's not a video game.  When a tank blows up three or four families have just lost a son, and most likely a conscripted son.

As has been said after losing a war the next worse thing is winning a war.

When I was growing up my older relatives had fought in the war; none of them talked about it.  Not one.

19 minutes ago, jj77 said:

8 1/2 year contract as well

⬇️⬇️⬇️

9 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Amortisation, so all above board ?

I thought the longest Fifa contract was 5 years?  You can have optional years on that, but it appears the PL have decided not to have that maximum.  There is alignment with FIFA on u18s where the maximum is 3 years.

@Exiled Robin- I found this in the PL Handbook.

34 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Yes, it's not a video game.  When a tank blows up three or four families have just lost a son, and most likely a conscripted son.

As has been said after losing a war the next worse thing is winning a war.

When I was growing up my older relatives had fought in the war; none of them talked about it.  Not one.

My Opa is from Amsterdam he lived through the GHerman occupation, only surviving by his parents sending him to a farm, the only part of the war he talked about was sneaking out of the farm with a friend and hiding on the banks of the river in Arnhem seeing the allied forces knock shit out of the Germans. Wow imagine that, the other part of the war he talked about was being in Dam Square when Amsterdam was recaptured by Canadians. He was my hero, my Opa, best friend and Dad, he died in hospital January 21 after contracting Covid in hospital, even writing this  brings me to tears. RIP Daany.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

43 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I think potters lucky to still be in a job tbh, looks out his depth to me.

Possibly out of his depth, but he has no continuity. You can see now what a well run club Brighton is. From his interview yesterday he didnt even know much about this transfer - seems like the owner is picking the players and asking Potter to make a team.

2 hours ago, Ashton Hero said:

Russian filth?

Some of those dying in Russia are conscripted soldiers who possibly have as much contempt for Putin as you. 

Its a fantastic gesture, but Chelsea should just have just donated the money as excess from the fee anyway, in acknowledgement of the fact that they were bankrolled by Abramovich's looted blood money for far too long. 

Not really the correct forum to discuss why conscripted russian soldiers are still prepared to fight and indiscriminately kill Ukrainians of all ages but there we go and I stand by my comment 100%.

The problem of "dirty" money in football is not the preserve of Chelsea who are now obviously American owned but money from regimes which have truly dire human rights records such as China and the Arab world. It's also a massive reason why I hope we retain the support and ownership by local businessman Steve Lansdown. Newcastle United fans must be delighted but a quick look at Saudi Arabia's record shows that some football clubs and their fans will take success whatever the price.

In this instance, a football club has given a massive donation to help the country in which it's based and that has to be a great message in the world of football. 

1 hour ago, Ashton Hero said:

Not the correct forum, but you should at least recognize that it is not fair to use terms like that in such an indiscriminate way. 

Our local businessman whose business operations are based in the Channel Islands? :laugh:. Financial services is an improvement on the Saudis but isn't exactly ethical, but we can park that as this isn't the time or place. 

You're right - Chelsea aren't the only club to be funded by dirty money, and indeed this is a broader problem with the City of London. 

The world of football doesn't care about morality or good deeds, as was shown by the recent World Cup in Qatar. 

Whilst one half of my family have no electricity and  no water for most of the day and are being relentlessly bombed then I reaffirm that russians are filth.

Join me on a different forum if you want to learn the naivety and stupidity of what you post regarding Ukraine. 

On here, let's stick to football. Your immature and pathetic comments regarding Steve Lansdown are absolutely on the right forum so I suggest you start a thread about it and see where it gets you after your 31 posts on OTIB, particularly how his business operations are "based in the channel islands". As for financial services being unethical- try telling that to the 1.5 million UK citizens who work in it and how it's  10% of the entire UK economy.

And your previous comments about people on OTIB being misguided and overly interested in the gas is, perhaps, a good subject for another...... 

Unless you've still got homework to do before school tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Getting ridiculous now. If they miss out on Champions League football for a year or two, as is looking likely, they will surely be in big trouble.  Would be a British record transfer fee...

They’re just tying up huge percentages of future income. Could go horribly wrong, could also go disastrously right. 

On 16/01/2023 at 14:19, Kid in the Riot said:

Look like they'll wrap the window up with Endo Fernandez for 120M.

Ridiculous money