IGNORED

Parking Charge For Shopping At Ashton Gate

handsofclay

13 minutes ago, Red hot poker said:

Hi Hands , I did exactly what you did, & copped parking fine £100 reduced to £60 if paid early. I contacted Bcfc & was told to email parking@Ashton gate with images of receipts was then informed by parking Ashton gate that the fine was cancelled. Good luck fellow red ?

Thanks Red hot poker, another avenue to go down. 

It was only because my partner bought goods online from the club as Christmas presents and a jacket was faulty (zip didn't work and one of the two side pockets was sealed up) that we had to go to the shop to get a replacement and then bought other goods in store in the sale that we were there. 

1 minute ago, handsofclay said:

Thanks Red hot poker, another avenue to go down. 

It was only because my partner bought goods online from the club as Christmas presents and a jacket was faulty (zip didn't work and one of the two side pockets was sealed up) that we had to go to the shop to get a replacement and then bought other goods in store in the sale that we were there. 

The other thing is that if the info we’ve all been given is correct and the fabled “rewards scheme” includes prior purchases then your transactions should be linked to your supporter ID and be time/date logged.

In short, no reason why they can’t back you up

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

This sort of parking charge is becoming a pain. Kids had a session at Goals this weekend, yet it wasn’t mentioned anywhere about the need to enter your reg at reception - luckily a parent pre warned the group chat.

Sommerdale is the same. 

Nightmare. May I ask which Goals? 

I play at Bris once a week. Started up again 3 weeks ago so I would love to know if I've got a few fines on the way! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

The parking fine has now been cancelled.

Many thanks for your tips especially Dollymarie as it was through our SLO, Jerry, that it got cancelled. Also, obviously, thanks to Jerry too.

I know now I will no longer be paying that fine that it will impact on our compliance with ffp regs but so be it.

The club and all other private companies that let these bandits control their car parks and fine their customers are handsomely remunerated for their compliance. Had a similar incident at a pub car park. My daughter drove in without realising parked up for an hour to meet a friend. A week later we get the dreaded PCN. I went to the pub in question spoke to the manager said we forgot to enter vehicle details blah blah. He took the PCN from me and said he had a pile to cancel later and would add it to those. I asked him if it affected custom having an over zealous parking system and he said what the pub was being paid by the Parking company far outweighed any loss of custom.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sir Geoff said:

The club and all other private companies that let these bandits control their car parks and fine their customers are handsomely remunerated for their compliance. Had a similar incident at a pub car park. My daughter drove in without realising parked up for an hour to meet a friend. A week later we get the dreaded PCN. I went to the pub in question spoke to the manager said we forgot to enter vehicle details blah blah. He took the PCN from me and said he had a pile to cancel later and would add it to those. I asked him if it affected custom having an over zealous parking system and he said what the pub was being paid by the Parking company far outweighed any loss of custom.

Where my partner lives near Pontypridd we went into her local, The Upper Boat Inn, for a meal and drink. Couple of weeks later got a fine for £80. Didn't keep receipts etc so didn't challenge it. When we went there again we went through another entrance and there was a machine to input car reg number. Unfortunately, the other entrance doesn't have this. I wonder if those businesses in cahoots with the parking companies deliberately do this so the parking companies actually make money from those legitimately using the business they are innocently visiting and gracing with their custom. It's all wrong. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, handsofclay said:

Where my partner lives near Pontypridd we went into her local, The Upper Boat Inn, for a meal and drink. Couple of weeks later got a fine for £80. Didn't keep receipts etc so didn't challenge it. When we went there again we went through another entrance and there was a machine to input car reg number. Unfortunately, the other entrance doesn't have this. I wonder if those businesses in cahoots with the parking companies deliberately do this so the parking companies actually make money from those legitimately using the business they are innocently visiting and gracing with their custom. It's all wrong. 

Parking firms operating as money making schemes? I’ll have some of what you’re having!

4 hours ago, handsofclay said:

The parking fine has now been cancelled.

Many thanks for your tips especially Dollymarie as it was through our SLO, Jerry, that it got cancelled. Also, obviously, thanks to Jerry too.

I know now I will no longer be paying that fine that it will impact on our compliance with ffp regs but so be it.

Great news, glad to be of help :) 

• Thanks 1

Are the above comments applicable to the ‘dynamic’ parking app that is now in place?

I drive in to the car park, scanned the app, put in for 1 he, saw the cost was £4 so drove out and parked by B&M (bought a small cheap item for less than £4 to keep them happy). 

when I got home I looked and found this thread. As I saw from one reply that parking for 30 mins is free I put 15mins into the parking app - it still showed £4! 

Why do these companies have to be so deceitful, they could quite easily display minimum cost or a free period of time. 
Its just not customer friendly having to navigate your way around another parking app for just purchasing something in the cafe /  shop that only takes 15 mins. 
It'll also be useful if retail staff asked customers if they’ve parked outside and the fact they need to add their registration into the system. 

I’d better not get a PCN…..