IGNORED

Final games of season

Super

With the coronation of His Majesty King Charles III taking place on Saturday 6 May, the EFL can now confirm its schedule for the final round of 2022/23 divisional fixtures:

• Sky Bet League One – Sunday 7 May 2023, kick-off 12.00pm
  • Sky Bet League Two – Monday 8 May 2023, kick-off 12.30pm (Bank Holiday)
  • Sky Bet Championship – Monday 8 May 2023, kick-off 3.00pm (Bank Holiday)

The confirmed schedule was approved by the EFL Board at its recent meeting and follows consultation with stakeholders. 

And for those of us that work Bank Holidays? They are just a normal working day for me.

Yes I realise Saturday is also a standard working day for many, as are evenings and Sundays too. But when you commit to a ST you don't really expect matches to be moved to a BH Monday outside of Xmas and Easter perhaps. Bloody King Charles.

Edit: I realise we are away, but I wasn't clear enough but the point applies to all football fans whether home or away.

• Confused 2

54 minutes ago, RedM said:

And for those of us that work Bank Holidays? They are just a normal working day for me.

Yes I realise Saturday is also a standard working day for many, as are evenings and Sundays too. But when you commit to a ST you don't really expect matches to be moved to a BH Monday outside of Xmas and Easter perhaps. Bloody King Charles.

Edit: I realise we are away, but I wasn't clear enough but the point applies to all football fans whether home or away.

Not something you normally need to consider when arranging fixtures. Not sure what else the club, or any other club, could do

49 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Not something you normally need to consider when arranging fixtures. Not sure what else the club, or any other club, could do

I realise that. But my point was the club/FA or whatever can just move the match to a Monday at 3pm and its not really considered that not everyone gets Bank Holidays off. I do also realise that this is the only solution due to the fixtures all having to be played at the same time.

I hopefully might be able to swop shifts with someone, but that would mean them having to work the BH, so not easy but hopefully not impossible.

16 minutes ago, RedM said:

I realise that. But my point was the club/FA or whatever can just move the match to a Monday at 3pm and its not really considered that not everyone gets Bank Holidays off. I do also realise that this is the only solution due to the fixtures all having to be played at the same time.

I hopefully might be able to swop shifts with someone, but that would mean them having to work the BH, so not easy but hopefully not impossible.

I think it causes problems for people whatever they do. Hope you get the chance to go though. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Super said:
  • Sky Bet League Two – Monday 8 May 2023, kick-off 12.30pm (Bank Holiday)
  • Sky Bet Championship – Monday 8 May 2023, kick-off 3.00pm (Bank Holiday)

12.30 ko. 1.30 the second half starts. 2.15 the second half ends. If that game then goes to Extra Time and pens, that 3.00pm ko for the Championship game will be delayed.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, 22A said:

12.30 ko. 1.30 the second half starts. 2.15 the second half ends. If that game then goes to Extra Time and pens, that 3.00pm ko for the Championship game will be delayed.

Why would the last game of the season go to extra time and pens?

There are some proper stinkers in league 2 for 12:30 kick offs, the notable ones being

Barrow v Stevenage

Sutton United v Carlisle 

2 hours ago, RedM said:

To be fair, there's probably just as many people who work on Saturdays that are delighted they can now go, as there are those like yourself who unfortunately have to work bank holidays.

• Like 2