IGNORED

Timm Klose what's happend?

The Humble Realist

Have I missed an injury update on Klose?

If not he appears to have been completely bombed out. Surely it would be better to have him on the bench than some of the youngsters?

He doesnt seem like an obvious candidate to fall out with Pearson?

And before anyone talks about mistakes ...plenty of other players have made mistakes and not been completely bombed out like he has. At home he has often been as good as anyone on either side when hes played  

What's happend ?

• Thanks 1

I am a great fan of NP but also find it strange how in one moment NP is pointing out the virtues of TK and the next he is 'gone' totally. 

He was blamed to some degree for the Lincoln City fiasco, but I recall a great player last season who used his experience and reading of the game to great effect.. Then of of a sudden I read on here  on OTIB the trotted out comments 'legs gone' and all that.

Aware he had domestic issues start of the season, as stated by the club,  clearly business has gone on behind the scenes that we are not privy to. 

Expecting him to gone this window, or contract paid up and negotiated ?  Either way a great pro as  NP stated in the past, and shame if ends like this for him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DT The Optimist said:

I am a great fan of NP but also find it strange how in one moment NP is pointing out the virtues of TK and the next he is 'gone' totally. 

He was blamed to some degree for the Lincoln City fiasco, but I recall a great player last season who used his experience and reading of the game to great effect.. Then of of a sudden I read on here  on OTIB the trotted out comments 'legs gone' and all that.

Aware he had domestic issues start of the season, as stated by the club,  clearly business has gone on behind the scenes that we are not privy to. 

Expecting him to gone this window, or contract paid up and negotiated ?  Either way a great pro as  NP stated in the past, and shame if ends like this for him

I can only guess the “domestic” issue isn’t anything more than his partner had their first baby in the summer and is back home in Switzerland.

As for “legs gone” that is something I have suggested.  He has had knee issues.

Saw him doing his own warm-up in a game he wasn’t selected for, alongside the Dolman, and he was really struggling.  He came off with the “trainer” (think it was Orme) looking very frustrated.  I can only guess his body wasn’t able to do what he hoped his body could do.  But that’s just my speculation.  The few games he played he did ok (not Lincoln!!) but he didn’t look comfortable.

FWIW I thought he did really well last season, an inspired OOC signing, just what we needed.  I had no issues with him being re-signed either.

But if his legs have gone, then sometimes those niggly injuries catch up with you.

Happy to be wrong.  Could be more sinister, no idea.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Lincoln game was the nail in his coffin 

Yeah I get that but Naismith has been solely at fault for 5+ goals at least and is still in the starting 11.

My point here isnt to knock Naismith its to highlight that it seems unlikely he should be bombed out completely based on form on the pitch. 

If he is struggling physically then obviously that would make more sense 

14 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Yeah I get that but Naismith has been solely at fault for 5+ goals at least and is still in the starting 11.

My point here isnt to knock Naismith its to highlight that it seems unlikely he should be bombed out completely based on form on the pitch. 

Didn’t seem like he cared against Lincoln so maybe that’s it. Naismith on the whole has had a good season 

• The title was changed to Timm Klose what's happend?
22 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Naismith is selected, despite the early season mistakes, because we look a far better side with him in the team. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Didn’t seem like he cared against Lincoln so maybe that’s it. Naismith on the whole has had a good season 

Harsh, he was poor & I think he could have tried to help Low out a bit more but don’t think you can say he didn’t care, he had a very poor game.

16 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

He’s been taking academy training recently. 

Not sure they’d have fallen out, just not sure the level of decline was to be expected. Didn’t look great whenever he played this year.

He was excellent in the wins against Preston & West Brom away, so that’s clearly nonsense.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Harsh, he was poor & I think he could have tried to help Low out a bit more but don’t think you can say he didn’t care, he had a very poor game.

He was excellent in the wins against Preston & West Brom away, so that’s clearly nonsense.

It takes a lot for me to say that about a player but I thought it during the game and was seated pretty near him first half.  There were a few occasions where it looked like his effort levels were low. And he hasn’t played since. Maybe a coincidence but maybe Nige thought the same 

2 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

He was fine at the end of last season but it was pretty evident the last time he played that his legs have gone now . Times caught up with him it happens 

10 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

It takes a lot for me to say that about a player but I thought it during the game and was seated pretty near him first half.  There were a few occasions where it looked like his effort levels were low. And he hasn’t played since. Maybe a coincidence but maybe Nige thought the same 

Fair enough, it’s your point of view.

I think the Lincoln game was the final straw & his perceived lack of support for Low (which Pearson was clearly still angry about afterwards) was the end for him with us, but rumours of an unauthorised trip back to Switzerland earlier in the season to seek a second opinion on a knee issue won’t have exactly enamoured him to NP or Dave Rennie, for that matter..

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Imho he did well in those games but he looked as if it was a real effort to compete.  Fair play to him.

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Were you sat in the middle of the pitch?

39E882C9-1F63-49A9-B9A7-051A5F800CE1.jpeg

74BBC091-FAAE-4838-AB6A-B4B459776049.jpeg

Edited by Davefevs
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I can only guess the “domestic” issue isn’t anything more than his partner had their first baby in the summer and is back home in Switzerland.

As for “legs gone” that is something I have suggested.  He has had knee issues.

Saw him doing his own warm-up in a game he wasn’t selected for, alongside the Dolman, and he was really struggling.  He came off with the “trainer” (think it was Orme) looking very frustrated.  I can only guess his body wasn’t able to do what he hoped his body could do.  But that’s just my speculation.  The few games he played he did ok (not Lincoln!!) but he didn’t look comfortable.

FWIW I thought he did really well last season, an inspired OOC signing, just what we needed.  I had no issues with him being re-signed either.

But if his legs have gone, then sometimes those niggly injuries catch up with you.

Happy to be wrong.  Could be more sinister, no idea.

Gotta be more sinister Dave, it's the only logical reason ?

• Haha 1

I don’t think he’s been bombed out. He’s not the future and he’s less physically robust, so was never going to be playing that regularly.

He seems like a model pro and a very popular member of the squad. He’s there if we need him to play but we don’t, so I’m almost certain he’d be helping develop the next phase of youngsters coming through via training and advice.

Overall, the type of senior members we’ve recruited under NP seems to come with an expectation that they will lead and teach. Much better than the money grabbers of the past.

• Like 1

I’m surprised he’s not even making the bench. You’d think he would be a useful “calm head” to bring on in certain situations.

As for the not supporting Josh Low theory, I don’t know whether this is meant more in terms of how he played positionally but he was talking to him throughout and was straight over to him picking him up when he made a mistake. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kibs said:

I’m surprised he’s not even making the bench. You’d think he would be a useful “calm head” to bring on in certain situations.

As for the not supporting Josh Low theory, I don’t know whether this is meant more in terms of how he played positionally but he was talking to him throughout and was straight over to him picking him up when he made a mistake. 

Had Josh Low played centre of a back 3 with Vyner one side and Atkinson the other, he would have had a good game. Or preferably as a center back in a back 4, no problem.

• Hmmm 1

19 minutes ago, Basil Fawlty said:

Could be appearance fee related (probably on a decent wedge for that, despite our finances @Davefevs happy for you to correct me on that), along with injury concerns, Zak playing well with Atkinson etc.

It’s quite possible he’s on a “low” basic / “high” appearance fee.  I’ve no idea though.  He’s not someone I’ve heard mentioned in the sane vain as Simpson and King, ie. basically happy to be here on low wage (bin there and done it in their career) and be paid a fair amount when they play.  Obviously Simpson now gone, King proving to be an astute signing even if he’s not on the pitch a lot.  He’s been in pretty much every match day squad this season.

• Like 1