IGNORED

Timm Klose what's happend?

The Humble Realist

Was an understandable OOC signing last year but he should clearly have been a short term option and we should never have given him a new contract in the summer. 
Which isn’t hindsight, I said this at the time. 
Similar to Ashley Williams. Was a short term OOC stop gap and we shouldn’t have offered a new deal for another year. 
I appreciate that beggars can’t be choosers, but the amount of ‘stop-gap’ short term OOC centre backs we’ve had to take on in the last few years has been a concern for me (ie where’s the long term recruitment plan). 

• Like 1

I know nothing about the reasons Klose has been left out as he has, but I do know that he has been coaching the academy this week so he is still very much involved at the club. I imagine he’s doing his coaching badges and from what I hear he’s a great bloke to have around the place and the boys love being around him. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jacki said:

I know nothing about the reasons Klose has been left out as he has, but I do know that he has been coaching the academy this week so he is still very much involved at the club. I imagine he’s doing his coaching badges and from what I hear he’s a great bloke to have around the place and the boys love being around him. 

That doesn’t surprise me, in every interview he’s given he comes across really well, smart, funny & interesting to listen to.

Not exactly the perception of a typical footballer (whatever that is).

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Was an understandable OOC signing last year but he should clearly have been a short term option and we should never have given him a new contract in the summer. 
Which isn’t hindsight, I said this at the time. 
Similar to Ashley Williams. Was a short term OOC stop gap and we shouldn’t have offered a new deal for another year. 
I appreciate that beggars can’t be choosers, but the amount of ‘stop-gap’ short term OOC centre backs we’ve had to take on in the last few years has been a concern for me (ie where’s the long term recruitment plan). 

As we’ve discussed before I think Klose might be the last one of “that” type.  Not saying Nige has been burned on Klose, because that’s hugely speculative and hugely unfair.  If it is as simple as he’s struggled for fitness / legs gone…and there’s no reason to think otherwise (even though we all like to on a forum), then shit happens.  But I think Nige may now see he’s better off not going down that route again.  I’m not saying we should’ve made a better fist of keeping Cundy either.  But like you I wonder why there wasn’t someone else of a younger type that we could’ve got in the summer.  I hope we are better prepared to execute this summer.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how anyone can say he doesnt care. Whenever he has played and we have won he celebrates with the fans and players like it's a cup final...great to see.

As @GrahamC has pointed out he has had some excellent games this season where we have actually WON! 

It just seems odd he has seemingly been completely cast aside despite us having king at the back at times and s bench full of youngsters too. Seems like he would be a good guy to bring on for the last 10 mins if we are a goal up this afternoon?

18 hours ago, Percy Pig said:

Even as a stop gap? 

All the more reason to trust you on players I guess! ?

Yep. Even as a stop gap. 
We shouldn’t be operating on the basis of stop gaps every season - especially aging or injury prone ones! Klose, Williams, Mariappa, Mawson. Can add Simpson as well if you like. That’s a number of consecutive seasons where we’ve had to do this. It’s a symptom of poor recruitment - having to rely on old players who don’t have a club (usually because they’re either not good enough any more or they want too much money). 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yep. Even as a stop gap. 
We shouldn’t be operating on the basis of stop gaps every season - especially aging or injury prone ones! Klose, Williams, Mariappa, Mawson. Can add Simpson as well if you like. That’s a number of consecutive seasons where we’ve had to do this. It’s a symptom of poor recruitment - having to rely on old players who don’t have a club (usually because they’re either not good enough any more or they want too much money). 

Hope we are beyond that now.  We shall see!