IGNORED

Old Skool Rave

Sniper

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

Any Old Skool Ravers out there?

Loved the Music back then, and still do in my Fifties. What an era, it will never be beaten IMO.

Some very Red Cheeks and Saucer eyes :laugh:

Enjoy (and feel free to post any links to any hidden gems)

Went to my first rave in Kingsweston woods at 17. (1989). Missed a lot when I joined the Army, came out just as the Trance scene kicked off in 98. Went to MoS for my 50th this year. Loving the old crew raving still, I think we forget how long this has been around sometimes.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

30 minutes ago, Paul G said:

Went to my first rave in Kingsweston woods at 17. (1989). Missed a lot when I joined the Army, came out just as the Trance scene kicked off in 98. Went to MoS for my 50th this year. Loving the old crew raving still, I think we forget how long this has been around sometimes.

Yeah, in my head it's a young person thing and then I remember just how long ago 1989 was.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 19/01/2023 at 18:30, Sniper said:

Any Old Skool Ravers out there?

Loved the Music back then, and still do in my Fifties. What an era, it will never be beaten IMO.

Some very Red Cheeks and Saucer eyes :laugh:

Enjoy (and feel free to post any links to any hidden gems)

Was more mid 90s for me - use to go to the big events - Dreamscape, Tribal Gathering, United Dance, Bagleys in London… also loads of stuff in Bristol - Bristol Exposure, Roughneck Ting, Deathrow Techno, plus Friday night at Lakota week after week! Remember doing a few of the free ones in Forest of Dean too.

Completely with you about still loving the music - I discovered a great app one recent drunken night where I was going down a YouTube rabbit hole watching old rave videos - it’s on https://www.mixcloud.com/

They have loads of old DJ sets from back in the day - found quite a few that I was at!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

12 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Was more mid 90s for me - use to go to the big events - Dreamscape, Tribal Gathering, United Dance, Bagleys in London… also loads of stuff in Bristol - Bristol Exposure, Roughneck Ting, Deathrow Techno, plus Friday night at Lakota week after week! Remember doing a few of the free ones in Forest of Dean too.

Completely with you about still loving the music - I discovered a great app one recent drunken night where I was going down a YouTube rabbit hole watching old rave videos - it’s on https://www.mixcloud.com/

They have loads of old DJ sets from back in the day - found quite a few that I was at!

Roughneck Ting, what a night! Dazee used to run it in the 2nd room at Shimmy at the Easton Commmunity Centre back in the mid nineties. Joy at Trinity was incredible too! Drive By at Thekla then Creation was epic.

I was bang into free parties in those days and was at Castlemorton and Steart Beach 10 years apart. I've been to dnb raves from Thailand to Brazil. Wouldn't change any of it for the world. Big up the old skool crew!

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

For me, no club will ever beat Club Loco. Some proper messy nights in there ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Roughneck Ting, what a night! Dazee used to run it in the 2nd room at Shimmy at the Easton Commmunity Centre back in the mid nineties. Joy at Trinity was incredible too! Drive By at Thekla then Creation was epic.

I was bang into free parties in those days and was at Castlemorton and Steart Beach 10 years apart. I've been to dnb raves from Thailand to Brazil. Wouldn't change any of it for the world. Big up the old skool crew!

Those Shimmy nights at Easton Community Centre were AMAZING! I walked past there recently and couldn’t believe how small it is - I have memories of what seemed like massive nights there!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Paul G said:

For me, no club will ever beat Club Loco. Some proper messy nights in there ?

Haha, the walls dripping in sweat! I was more of a jungalist, but had some ridiculously filthy techno nights at Loco (was it the Maze before that?) and the Depot in Old Market.

The Black Swan for some face melting breakcore too!

Just now, Red Rum said:

Those Shimmy nights at Easton Community Centre were AMAZING! I walked past there recently and couldn’t believe how small it is - I have memories of what seemed like massive nights there!

Haha, they really were. Had some interesting staggers out of there at 6am!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Paul G said:

If you're into Trance may I recommend Luminosity Beach Festival in Zaandfort. Last weekend in June, went last year, such a good vibe. The Dutch certainly know how to do a party ?

They really do haha, went to Dance Valley just outside Amsterdam 4 or 5 times in the late nineties/ early 00s, incredible vibes!

Edited by Stortz

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

Haha, the walls dripping in sweat! I was more of a jungalist, but had some ridiculously filthy techno nights at Loco (was it the Maze before that?) and the Depot in Old Market.

The Black Swan for some face melting breakcore too!

I think it was the Maze after, Black Swan had some cracking nights, and who can forget Cafe Blue on a Sunday. Sometimes the weekend went on forever?

14 minutes ago, Paul G said:

I think it was the Maze after, Black Swan had some cracking nights, and who can forget Cafe Blue on a Sunday. Sometimes the weekend went on forever?

You're right, it was that way around, Loco first!

Cafe Blue used to be run by a few City lads if I recall correctly?

I think Trinity is my favourite ever clubbing venue in Bristol, the system in there used to be ludicrous.

Regarding weekends going on forever. you knew you were in trouble in the 90s when it was 1900  on a Sunday evening and you were still in Castros hahaha.

edit or at Talybont Reservoir or similar haha.

edit- Black Swan for Toxic Dancehall and Therapy Sessions HOLY SHIT

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stortz said:

You're right, it was that way around, Loco first!

Cafe Blue used to be run by a few City lads if I recall correctly?

I think Trinity is my favourite ever clubbing venue in Bristol, the system in there used to be ludicrous.

Regarding weekends going on forever. you knew you were in trouble in the 90s when it was 1900  on a Sunday evening and you were still in Castros hahaha.

edit- Black Swan for Toxic Dancehall and Therapy Sessions HOLY SHIT

Trinity was an amazing venue. I remember seeing the Prodigy playing there supported by the Chemical Brothers before they were the Chemical Brothers. Probably had biggest variety of club nights there as well - I’m sure I remember one particular techno night where they had a bouncy castle upstairs!!

22 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Trinity was an amazing venue. I remember seeing the Prodigy playing there supported by the Chemical Brothers before they were the Chemical Brothers. Probably had biggest variety of club nights there as well - I’m sure I remember one particular techno night where they had a bouncy castle upstairs!!

The Dust Brothers!

I recall some Joy raves there where the beans and dutty bass seriously imperilled my continence haha

• Haha 1