IGNORED

Midfield 3

Charlie BCFC

6 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Really like how we have it setup at the moment. Naismith and James sits deeper allowing Scott the freedom to link up with the front 3. Thought Naismith and James were excellent yesterday, Naismith was personally my man of the match with the passes he was able to pull off and duels he won in midfield 

I agree with this in general. However the run from midfield for their goal was not tracked. (Which got on my nerves) However we look so much better this way! 

9 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Yeah with you on that actually, thought the marking was poor on Dack aswell though

That was caused by good movement by the other striker. If you watch the highlights replay from behind the goal, you can see how he moved wide taking Atkinson with him. That left space for the run and for Dack to get to the near post.

6 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Yeah with you on that actually, thought the marking was poor on Dack aswell though

I don’t know if I’m being over pedantic but Dack was allowed to run from a long way out with no one going with him. I guess that’s something of an Achilles heel if you have three in midfield but…I suspect, we will add that (a player) as we develop. 

otherwise we are making better use of players, particularly ones coming back. Semenyo is a different class and I expect someone better than Bournemouth to come in this week. 

I would like us to keep him but, we will see. 

5 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

We ended up a man light. The crosser points to where he wants the ball , but Naismith is in front and can only react so can not prevent the cross.He could do with being deeper so he can see his man. James or Sykes should probably made a real effort to get back, as Vyner trying to have one eye on Dack and trying to get to the cross ends up doing neither. We end up man for man when we really wanted an extra body in there. Good movement by them TBF, but we could do with more effort to track runners.

572080080_Screenshot2023-01-22at14_41_59.png.3e2e90cdf3bb3cc9e6855f6cf8bfabaf.png

139898023_Screenshot2023-01-22at14_50_54.png.76e99d8393c00019da6ec3312169f691.png

Good movement by Dack, he checked his run to the near post which left an easy pass to him.

Vyner was caught between a rock and a hard place, either cover the cross across goal/shot at the near post, or stay with Dack.

Good play all round from Blackburn, poor tracking by us.

• Like 1