IGNORED

U-21 Forwards

Mr X

6 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

The scenario you highlight wouldn't happen, what with being outside of the transfer window and all, but why would it be ridiculous?

What's the difference between signing on to play in a cup competition vs signing on to play in a league competition?  Why should you be cup-tied, but not league tied?

As for Saturdays match, if he doesn't bring Dasilva in then I wonder if he might push Naismith out there.  It's not an unfamiliar position to him and it'll allow Williams to come in for a start.  And I would say that Sammy starts irrespective of the status of Semenyos move at the time.

Could happen for the Carabao Cup

Cup tied rule is massively outdated.

Zero difference between a league or cup fixture - both are competitive.

Transfer windows limit signings anyway so you can’t “just buy all the best players for the final” - as if anyone would do that anyway. It’s a complete irrelevance whether or not a player has played for another club in the first 4 rounds of the cup

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, B-Rizzle said:

Cup tied rule is massively outdated.

Zero difference between a league or cup fixture - both are competitive.

Transfer windows limit signings anyway so you can’t “just buy all the best players for the final” - as if anyone would do that anyway. It’s a complete irrelevance whether or not a player has played for another club in the first 4 rounds of the cup

Completely agree. I wonder if it`s ever happened that a player from someone like Chesterfield or Grimsby has been signed in January by a bigger club that subsequently go on a cup run to the final and he can`t play because he played in a first round tie?

my team for West Brom.

O’Leary 

Vyner        Kalas     Atkinson 

Tanner       Williams     James       Dasilva  

Sykes                       Scott

Wells

2 minutes ago, Johnr1986 said:

my team for West Brom.

O’Leary 

Vyner        Kalas     Atkinson 

Tanner       Williams     James       Dasilva  

Sykes                       Scott

Wells

Surely we stick with a back 4 - I can’t go through a back 3 / 5 again. So few teams make it work in our league (it’s an all champ tie after all) especially with our midfield 

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

A centre forward with the makings of a decent all-round game.  Can hold it up, decent in the air, can run in behind…and can finish.  Has 10 goals in the u21s this season.  Was 19 in November.

Is Marlee Francois a similar type of player?

17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

A centre forward with the makings of a decent all-round game.  Can hold it up, decent in the air, can run in behind…and can finish.  Has 10 goals in the u21s this season.  Was 19 in November.

Do you think Nige doesn’t rate him yet? Recalls  Thomas from Bath City rather than putting him on the bench. Been scoring goals in u21 and I would have said he would have been nailed on for a place on the bench as we are lacking in that department. Could we see another Britton situation?? 

22 minutes ago, redpole said:

Do you think Nige doesn’t rate him yet? Recalls  Thomas from Bath City rather than putting him on the bench. Been scoring goals in u21 and I would have said he would have been nailed on for a place on the bench as we are lacking in that department. Could we see another Britton situation?? 

Dunno.  He took him to Austria pre-season.

Does anyone know if Olly Thomas has been injured (prior to his Bath loan on 6th Jan), because he’s barely played for u21s this season, just 3 sub apps, one of which was this week.

I thought he was very good last season, and wondered what had happened to him.