IGNORED

Deadwood left to clear….

Bourne End Red

2 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

I'd personally add Andy King in the summer but I'm assuming he's going to go into a coaching role nonetheless.

King is going nowhere, he’s been available for every single league game & in the squad for all but 2 of them, a real turnaround from last season & a great credit to his fitness.

I would expect he’ll become more of a coach next season but won’t be shocked to still see him on the bench now & then.

In addition to those mentioned Baker’s contract also expires, so do those of Taylor Moore, Owura Edwards, Max & Zak, plus of course the keeper that arrived this week & a few younger ones like Wiles-Richards, Owers, Morton.

Should we stay up then there is far more scope for change, even than in Pearson’s first summer when 15 departed.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Kalas offered a reduced terms deal, based on games played, rather like Bakes was

Nope. Not taking another risk with injuries again imo.

Wells I could understand due to his availability.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Nope. Not taking another risk with injuries again imo.

Wells I could understand due to his availability.

I also question whether Kalas would want to take it. He's had a rough year of injuries but he's still an international footballer with Premier League and international tournament experience. He might back himself to get a good offer somewhere. 

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

King is going nowhere, he’s been available for every single league game & in the squad for all but 2 of them, a real turnaround from last season & a great credit to his fitness.

I would expect he’ll become more of a coach next season but won’t be shocked to still see him on the bench now & then.

In addition to those mentioned Baker’s contract also expires, so do those of Taylor Moore, Owura Edwards, Max & Zak, plus of course the keeper that arrived this week & a few younger ones like Wiles-Richards, Owers, Morton.

Should we stay up then there is far more scope for change, even than in Pearson’s first summer when 15 departed.

15? Crummy Moses!

Come on then, who can name them 15 (not you, GrahamC. Nor you, Davefevs. And Harry, not you)?

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Kalas offered a reduced terms deal, based on games played, rather like Bakes was

This. Still our best defender imo and assuming he’d accept should be in the team. 
Never had a bad injury record up til this recent long spell either so people talking of his poor injury record are some way off i think. 

Martin Moore & Klose are clearly going.
Massengo must have a Club lined up.
Questions over Kalas & DaSilva. 
High wages (currently) and recent injury record makes me think he will be allowed to leave. Unless he takes a big pay cut, takes a per game contract and Nige has seen something he wants in the team.
DaSilva hasn't done much wrong, technically one of the best at the club but there are question marks, not sure he fits into what Nige is building.
King is slowly moving towards coaching, wouldn't be surprised to keep him in that dual role while he gets his Badges.

I think that just leaves new lads or Kids. 
We will probably need 6 players , or more , before next year to make a Squad.
Going to be another tough summer.

• Like 2

It's the reality of the mess we've been left in by Swiss Tony. What annoys me about football is certain clubs spend and continue to spend money they don't have.

Deadwood is a harsh description. You can't blame players who've signed pre covid lucrative contracts. I think it's a measure of certain players like Baker, Wells & Weimann who accepted reduced contract terms. I would imagine Nige & RG would've discussed the situation with all of the squad. I think Nige has been straight down the line with everyone.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Dasilva is not deadwood.

He just cannot get into the team due to form; mainly that of Pring.

Depends how you define deadwood. For me it’s someone who you would want to shift but cannot. I think if the opportunity Dasilva off the wage bill last summer was there then the club/NP would have taken it. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Depends how you define deadwood. For me it’s someone who you would want to shift but cannot. I think if the opportunity Dasilva off the wage bill last summer was there then the club/NP would have taken it. 

I think it’s just healthy competition for the spot. We need that in all positions. Don’t think his wages are much of a problem.

Bentley, Wells and Kalas would be the bigger earners I suspect. One gone, one reduced his wages and the other will be gone (most likely end of the season, but we may be surprised(!)).

Chris Martin leaving soon or end of the season as well, so it seems fine moving forward as you can add HNM & Klose.

Plus I would imagine all of the above mentioned would/would’ve higher wages.

Edited by Pickle Rick