IGNORED

Must be Able to Hit the Ground Running

Port Said Red

Although I get more enjoyment from watching our home grown players come through, I am sure we all agree that we will need to find some beef from outside the club to add to our forward line.

The players talked about so far are reassuring, I don't want us in bringing in players who have to acclimatise to the league or the country.

Haikin is different, he is very cosmopolitan, well travelled including to the UK previously, and as such I think he looks an astute signing. I also like the fact that we apparently have been tracking him since the end of last season.

If we are to bring in an import who is less worldly wise, that would be fine in the summer, and as early as possible in that window.

I am more confident than I have been for some time that we will not see a Engvall/Diony type panic buy, players who we didn't really seem to know and who didn't know what they were letting themselves in for, it isn't good for the club or the players.

So, I would hope that the first line of a "job profile" that Tinns and Pearson have put together will say, "Must be able to hit the ground running".