IGNORED

Our biggest asset at the Club...

spudski

Just gut feeling, but I don't think Tins will go anywhere. I imagine he is comfortably well off,earning a decent wage,and loves the club and the city of Bristol.He could probably walk into a bigger club if he wanted to,but I reckon at his age he is settled here.

• Like 6
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Just gut feeling, but I don't think Tins will go anywhere. I imagine he is comfortably well off,earning a decent wage,and loves the club and the city of Bristol.He could probably walk into a bigger club if he wanted to,but I reckon at his age he is settled here.

I think you`re right. He seems to have found his home here. He must have had interest in the past from other clubs given his success rate. He is also lucky that NP buys in to his plans (and I accept some of that is out of necessity but not all of it is) and SL must be happy with things going the way they are.

Apart from PL/PP teams, academies are the way forward for most clubs and we are well ahead of the game in that respect.

34 minutes ago, spudski said:

....and one that we should lock in with a huge wage. Just so he doesn't get poached.

Brian Tinnion.

His work getting these kids up to Championship level and more, in a very short space of time is phenomenal. 

It won't go unnoticed.

This is actually a huge point. 

The way things have gone for Tins over the last few years, and the work he has done is incredible. And you're right, he probably is our most valuable asset right now, and has a massive role in this club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Slacker said:

and, I believe, he's just getting started. 

Football is a truly truly funny old game- Tinns sat alone in the dug out at Swansea after a 7-0 thrashing, on the phone to his Mrs no doubt knowing his time at BCFC was at an end and no doubt in fear for his future in football.

He has now cemented his position as one of the most loyal and influential people in the history of BCFC- both on the field and off it.

Brian Tinnion is a proper Legend. He's with us for the long term.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

Completely agree, but don’t forget that the fruits of the academy project we are seeing blossom now isn’t just down to Tins. So many deserve praise for laying the foundations on which we could build before he even re-joined the club. Sean O’Driscoll, Amy Kington, in later years Gary Probert, without their hard work there would be no conveyor belts of young talent at Bristol City.

Huge respect to visionary Tinnion and all he’s done to excel our youth setup, but our biggest asset isn’t just him, it is the academy and all those who have worked exceptionally hard within it from 2012 to now. It is the present and the future of our football club 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 2

1 hour ago, spudski said:

....and one that we should lock in with a huge wage. Just so he doesn't get poached.

Brian Tinnion.

His work getting these kids up to Championship level and more, in a very short space of time is phenomenal. 

It won't go unnoticed.

So glad you posted this. Without wanting to take away credit due to others who have also made very significant contributions to the development of our young players, Tinnion’s input has been immense. Have enormous respect for the man.

• Thanks 1

Agree with all of the above.

When we first started spending heavy on getting a Cat B academy a fair few people on here were wary of a club our size spending upwards of £1m+ per annum, which to a small degree I could understand.

10 years later we are starting to see the fruits of our labour and a return on the investment made by the club.

The irony is, if it was just Scott and Semenyo who were making an impact at first team level you could still argue that the academy still wasn't producing as they didnt actually come through it but considering we have seen the likes of Conway, Bell, Kadji and others making appearances this season, nobody can be in doubt it's working now.

A huge credit goes to all the academy staff, both past and present, for getting us to where we are now.

Tinnion definitely deserved his promotion in the summer and that will ensure his ethos of promoting youth should continue for years to come.

At long last, the club seem to be doing something right and something we fans can be proud of. Long may it continue.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Completely agree, but don’t forget that the fruits of the academy project we are seeing blossom now isn’t just down to Tins. So many deserve praise for laying the foundations on which we could build before he even re-joined the club. Sean O’Driscoll, Amy Kington, in later years Gary Probert, without their hard work there would be no conveyor belts of young talent at Bristol City.

Huge respect to visionary Tinnion and all he’s done to excel our youth setup, but our biggest asset isn’t just him, it is the academy and all those who have worked exceptionally hard within it from 2012 to now. It is the present and the future of our football club 

2 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

So glad you posted this. Without wanting to take away credit due to others who have also made very significant contributions to the development of our young players, Tinnion’s input has been immense. Have enormous respect for the man.

SoD and Amy Kington had a huge influence on the progress of the Academy. Both imo, were under valued, and treated poorly at times, especially the latter under MA. 

Whilst in latter years others have had a major influence, it's all been done under the guidance and influence of BT.

FGR came along not so long ago offering a position. It was considered. We acted.

However if a Prem team came along and offered big money for his services, it wouldn't surprise me.

He's done miracles imo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

However if a Prem team came along and offered big money for his services, it wouldn't surprise me.

He's done miracles imo.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did come - I think he's very settled here though, would need to be something big to tempt him I would l think. Wouldn't be going to Bournemouth or Palace for example. Newcastle maybe? given his roots, However I think he's really grounded and rooted in the club and the city. 

2 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they did come - I think he's very settled here though, would need to be something big to tempt him I would l think. Wouldn't be going to Bournemouth or Palace for example. Newcastle maybe? given his roots, However I think he's really grounded and rooted in the club and the city. 

Fingers crossed 

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Brian Tinnion.

It won't go unnoticed.

It won’t go unnoticed but I think the only club in the country that could possibly tempt him away is Newcastle . Maybe not even them. He’s a geordie by birth but he a Bristolian now 

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

But is he teaching them to tell the time using a clock?

Can you imagine...

96th minute into 7 mins of extra time.

Opposition break and score.

NP....Belly...why didn't you take it into the corner?

SB...I didn't know how much time there was left in the game.

NP.... there's a bloody big clock on the corner you were looking at.

SB....I can't read clock Boss.

NP....Tinners...come and see me Monday morning we need a chat ????

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Can you imagine...

96th minute into 7 mins of extra time.

Opposition break and score.

NP....Belly...why didn't you take it into the corner?

SB...I didn't know how much time there was left in the game.

NP.... there's a bloody big clock on the corner you were looking at.

SB....I can't read clock Boss.

NP....Tinners...come and see me Monday morning we need a chat ????

"And Belly, Scotty, Marlee...make sure you bring your Rolexs"

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

It won’t go unnoticed but I think the only club in the country that could possibly tempt him away is Newcastle . Maybe not even them. He’s a geordie by birth but he a Bristolian now 

I guess it depends on how long a contract is, and how much it's worth.

If something came along that could set his family up for life, then who knows.

1 minute ago, One Team said:

Just a brilliant post from the OP.

I don’t think he would go anywhere but we need to make sure he know how much we appreciate what he’s doing. 

Thank you ..and agree.100%

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

"And Belly, Scotty, Marlee...make sure you bring your Rolexs"

???

Just now, spudski said:

I guess it depends on how long a contract is, and how much it's worth.

If something came along that could set his family up for life, then who knows.

True but I doubt he’s struggling . He’s been back at city for some years & so would of earned decent money . Plus he’s now technical director of a club he loves . 

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

True but I doubt he’s struggling . He’s been back at city for some years & so would of earned decent money . Plus he’s now technical director of a club he loves . 

Undoubtedly...and I agree. But money talks, and if it's enough to set say his son up for life, then it would surely be considered.

However...if you love your job, which I'm sure he does, as he works silly hours, then that counts for so much.

Waking up and being excited to go to work is a privilege these days.

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Brian Tinnion.

It won't go unnoticed.

Genuinely amazed we aren’t getting greater exposure and more coverage on the academy front and the success over the last few years.

Tinnion is a legend. His work is absolutely phenomenal and we are lucky to have him.

Outside of the prem I am struggling to think of a club that’s consistently producing such a conveyor belt of talent or as such s clear pathway to the first team. We have obviously had some tough times in recent years but Tinman and the club have got this seriously right. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, spudski said:

Undoubtedly...and I agree. But money talks, and if it's enough to set say his son up for life, then it would surely be considered.

However...if you love your job, which I'm sure he does, as he works silly hours, then that counts for so much.

Waking up and being excited to go to work is a privilege these days.

I get a bit wound up  by this though . Why should he set his son up for life ? Give him good values , to work hard & respect people & set him on his way . That’s the job of a parent . Not let them keep feeding from the nest all their life  

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

I get a bit wound up  by this though . Why should he set his son up for life ? Give him good values , to work hard & respect people & set him on his way . That’s the job of a parent . Not let them keep feeding from the nest all their life  

Some do, some don't I guess.

There are numerous very wealthy people that haven't given anything to their kids, for the same reason you say.

I agree to some extent. 

If I could give a roof over my kids head, so they didn't have a mortgage, before dieing, I would. 

But, giving them so much that they would never have to work or be creative, is another thing. ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

Some do, some don't I guess.

There are numerous very wealthy people that haven't given anything to their kids, for the same reason you say.

I agree to some extent. 

If I could give a roof over my kids head, so they didn't have a mortgage, before dieing, I would. 

But, giving them so much that they would never have to work or be creative, is another thing. ?

A good podcast to watch , listen to is diary of a ceo. I’ve recently watched the Eddie Hearn which is enlightening & other end of the scale is Tony Bellew . One, born into
money, the other ,  rags to riches who wants his kids to know the value of a £1 . You can’t put a price on work ethic . Eddie Hearn says he was hated because he was a rich kid arrogant ****  . 

37 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

A good podcast to watch , listen to is diary of a ceo. I’ve recently watched the Eddie Hearn which is enlightening & other end of the scale is Tony Bellew . One, born into
money, the other ,  rags to riches who wants his kids to know the value of a £1 . You can’t put a price on work ethic . Eddie Hearn says he was hated because he was a rich kid arrogant ****  . 

Cheers for the heads up. Appreciated ?