IGNORED

Fifth Round Draw: Home to Man City

BUTOR

7 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Hopefully 2 but not holding my breath. I’ll get mine but I’m going to battle to get my mum one, she’s obsessed with De Bruyne and I’d love to see her at a City match for the first time.

Why on earth do you think season ticket holders are going to get two each? The maths doesn’t even work.

32 minutes ago, INCRED said:

The 2018 team v MC in my opinion had a bit more about them than current squad. As long as we don’t get embarrassed I will be happy and put in a decent performance 

Much more I'd say: more strong/experienced players, more solidity, more consistent quality of play, more confidence given by the league's results...

The current City has more players available (that side alteady had a lot of injuries) , especially in attack, but on paper should struggle more than LJ's City . That being said, the injection of enthousiasm and the magic of this cup will be there so...never say never. ?

3 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Some of their posts are writing Nige's team talk for him.

In fairness, a fair number (in common with other away fans) saying what a good day out Bristol is. ‘Bristol is the Manchester of the South’, meant as a compliment I think…

They are confident and think they could have got harder draws. I mean, they are not wrong. Football is always about %’s rather than certainties, and they will be heavy favourites of course. Every now and again however there is a real shock. Might be this one.

20 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Just in case anyone was wondering how worried they are about playing us...

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/fa-cup-5th-round-draw-bristol-city-a.358387/

Odds on them getting their first penalty in last year and a half against us!

A cousin of mine moved to Bristol years ago, had a few nights out there and really like the place. The biggest club in the country never to play in the Premier League n’all, BCity.

Love Bristol, cracking underground music scene

I lived in Bristol for years, they love their football down there. The whole city will be buzzing. Will book the day off and stay with mates if I can somehow get a ticket!

Easyish draw. Should beat them

Don’t underestimate Bristol City Nigel Pearson has them playing really… Shit

Did Bristol for the League Cup semi final few years back, arrived early afternoon and had couple of hours round SS Great Britain, well worth a visit. Had to do something cuz I was on dry January !

It's a brilliant city

Definitely. That’s a great tie.   -   Agree, a ground we haven’t played at very often and a brilliant city for an overnighter

Seen a bit of them the last couple of seasons. They have a great academy and some very decent youngsters up front but they are terrible defensively.
Just sold their best striker Semenyo to Bournemouth. Andreas Weimann the ex Villa forward is probably their main man

Apparently Bristol City are going to play a weakened team as it’s the only one they have

Edited by BCFC Rich
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Why on earth do you think season ticket holders are going to get two each? The maths doesn’t even work.

I don’t think that - hence not holding my breath.

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Which is lovely. But can she not get a ticket from Man City?

No because I wanna sit with her! 

• Like 1

Christ, a lot of negative reaction to the initial post ?

9 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Tinpot? By playing the most successful side in recent history which potentially will feature a WC winner and the most lethal striker across Europe currently? Course mate 

Put it into context though, mate,

Clubs like Brighton and Brentford currently play in the Premier League and compete with top 6 sides regularly (both beating traditional top 6 sides this season). They wouldn't be excited about simply playing a top 6 team in the cup.

Clubs like Norwich and WBA regularly play in the Premier League and regularly have top 6 sides come their grounds. They wouldn't be THAT excited about simply playing a top 6 team in the cup.

Sure, it's an exciting tie. But to jump for joy because "WE GET TO PLAY MAN CITY!!!!" is a reaction you'd generally associate with a lower league team. It is a little bit tinpot.

Also, I rather hate the idea of my club potentially being humiliated on live TV.

8 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Were you expecting us to actually win the whole thing?

No, but objectively (<< important word here!), I'm not convinced this is the best tie for the club for the reasons stated.

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Huh? This is the draw that all EFL clubs dream of. 

We'll make 300k alone from TV income. 

My memory might be playing tricks on me but I'm sure in the league Cup semi Man City gave us their share of gate receipts?

No idea if that's true mate, but generally in cup games I think the gate receipt is split 45% to each team and 10% to the FA.

I.E playing Man C away would be very good re gate receipts. Playing Man C at home is far worse re gate receipts.

Obviously that's softened a bit if we do get selected for TV coverage (no idea if your £300k is an accurate figure for that or not?)

• Hmmm 1
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I hope so to be honest as the atmosphere will be electric and so segregation means a full house!

Can we please not have those cringey foil flags like the last time. Completely tinpot that was!

Get the surfer flags out and bump up the inaudible dolman music! ?

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

28 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Sorry to be a party pooper guys, but objectively, is this actually THAT good a tie for us?

• Little chance of progressing to next round. (and hence no reward money) 
  • Potential to get battered. 
  • No massive gate receipt as it's a home tie (roughly half of which goes to Man C) 

Maybe some money if we get selected for TV coverage - no idea how much that would be?

Interesting/exciting tie? Yes. 

"Good" tie? I'm not so sure. 

(Also, it does look a little bit tinpot when some of our fans get SO excited about simply playing Man City.) 

Miserable ****!

1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Clubs like Brighton and Brentford currently play in the Premier League and compete with top 6 sides regularly (both beating traditional top 6 sides this season). They wouldn't be excited about simply playing a top 6 team in the cup.

Clubs like Norwich and WBA regularly play in the Premier League and regularly have top 6 sides come their grounds. They wouldn't be THAT excited about simply playing a top 6 team in the cup.

Sure, it's an exciting tie. But to jump for joy because "WE GET TO PLAY MAN CITY!!!!" is a reaction you'd generally associate with a lower league team. It is a little bit tinpot.

Also, I rather hate the idea of my club potentially being humiliated on live TV.

No, but objectively (<< important word here!), I'm not convinced this is the best tie for the club for the reasons stated.

No idea if that's true mate, but generally in cup games I think the gate receipt is split 45% to each team and 10% to the FA.

I.E playing Man C away would be very good re gate receipts. Playing Man C at home is far worse re gate receipts.

Obviously that's softened a bit if we do get selected for TV coverage (no idea if your £300k is an accurate figure for that or not?)

Try and enjoy it. You might like it 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Not quite. We have about 13,300 STholders this season. About 4,000 of which are U19 1,000 or so are U25, and about 8,000 are full adult or 65+. The rest are player comp or other minority categories.

So assuming only the 9,000 adult and U25 STs could buy a +1 and assume 2,700 away fans, then you'd still be a few thousand under if everyone did.

Why would only adults and u25 STs be allowed to buy +1?

Why not u19s?

Away teams are also entitled to 15 per cent of tickets, so more than 2,700

Edited by Redtucks

On 29/01/2023 at 11:39, Silvio Dante said:

As for who I want? Man City. I want Scott to play against them so Pep can see him up close. He’d be brilliant in that side and it’s not fanciful to suggest he could be at that level if not now in the near future. There isn’t a better boss for him to learn from, and it also ensures maximum cash for us.

Well.. 

3 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I guess your an accountant, not a football fan.