IGNORED

Fifth Round Draw: Home to Man City

BUTOR

6 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Christ, a lot of negative reaction to the initial post ?

Put it into context though, mate,

Clubs like Brighton and Brentford currently play in the Premier League and compete with top 6 sides regularly (both beating traditional top 6 sides this season). They wouldn't be excited about simply playing a top 6 team in the cup.

Clubs like Norwich and WBA regularly play in the Premier League and regularly have top 6 sides come their grounds. They wouldn't be THAT excited about simply playing a top 6 team in the cup.

Sure, it's an exciting tie. But to jump for joy because "WE GET TO PLAY MAN CITY!!!!" is a reaction you'd generally associate with a lower league team. It is a little bit tinpot.

Also, I rather hate the idea of my club potentially being humiliated on live TV.

No, but objectively (<< important word here!), I'm not convinced this is the best tie for the club for the reasons stated.

No idea if that's true mate, but generally in cup games I think the gate receipt is split 45% to each team and 10% to the FA.

I.E playing Man C away would be very good re gate receipts. Playing Man C at home is far worse re gate receipts.

Obviously that's softened a bit if we do get selected for TV coverage (no idea if your £300k is an accurate figure for that or not?)

Few bits in bold which should provide some clarity. 

We ARE lower league though and don’t play the sides regularly (like the aforementioned teams have/do), hence why there is a buzz around it. 

Edited by Engvall’s Splinter
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Why would only adults and u25 STs be allowed to buy +1?

Away teams are also entitled to 15 per cent of tickets, so more than 2,700

I mean there's no "would" about it. But hypothetically would you really let people buy a +1 for their 7 year old? It's not going to happen. It'll be one per ST, then members, then general sale.

Fair on the aways fans. I couldn't remember if it was 10% or 15%.

In my opinion first priority should go to those who bought for Swansea, but I know that's never a popular opinion.

Edited by ExiledAjax

So today, I interviewed the full time Nursing carer who is going to be moving in to look after my Mum.

The subject of football was mentioned by me and it turned out that she is a fanatical MCFC supporter - long term ST holder.This was before the draw.

She has now sent me a pic of her car which she is gonna be taking my Mum in- shopping etc .

ADVICE NEEDED: WTF do I do??

image.thumb.png.224b9c83190bab86e1a84126671b082d.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

What on earth were you doing in the bath, on a midweek afternoon?

Listening to Leeds v City - I did say in my original post. :)

I was at college back then.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

No idea if that's true mate, but generally in cup games I think the gate receipt is split 45% to each team and 10% to the FA.

I.E playing Man C away would be very good re gate receipts. Playing Man C at home is far worse re gate receipts.

Obviously that's softened a bit if we do get selected for TV coverage (no idea if your £300k is an accurate figure for that or not?)

Is there going to be a huge difference in it? You're not accounting for ticket prices. Our tickets for the Carabao semi at the Etihad were pretty low - £17.50 and £15 whereas you'd expect full price tickets to be in place for the game at AG. 

7 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Clubs like Brighton and Brentford currently play in the Premier League and compete with top 6 sides regularly (both beating traditional top 6 sides this season). They wouldn't be excited about simply playing a top 6 team in the cup.

Clubs like Norwich and WBA regularly play in the Premier League and regularly have top 6 sides come their grounds. They wouldn't be THAT excited about simply playing a top 6 team in the cup.

I might be misunderstanding your point but isn't this exactly the reason why we should be allowed to be excited to play a top 6 team, given that we're not good enough to play them regularly? The whole idea of any sport is to take on and try to beat the best out there, and when those chances are few and far between like they are for us then surely your relish that opportunity as a whole club

• Like 3
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, LondonRobin said:

Yeah so much better when they do it at a home ground of a random Lower league club and there is proper crowd of actual football fans behind the cameras. Don’t see why they haven’t done this? Also the one show is possibly the worst show ever seen

It was better when they just did it live on the Monday at 12.30 on the Light Program !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Few bits in bold which should provide some clarity. 

We ARE lower league though and don’t play the sides regularly (like the aforementioned teams have/do), hence why there is a buzz around it. 

Yeah, see where you're coming from mate.

I understand the buzz - don't get me wrong, it'll be nice to see Pep and some famous players at the gate, Just there comes a point where too much excitement does make us look a little bit silly.

The game will be great IF we can compete with them.

4 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Is there going to be a huge difference in it? You're not accounting for ticket prices. Our tickets for the Carabao semi at the Etihad were pretty low - £17.50 and £15 whereas you'd expect full price tickets to be in place for the game at AG. 

No idea how much each club would charge for various tickets, but you'd imagine 45% of 54,000 tickets would be notably more than 45% of 27,000 tickets.

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

FA Cup fifth round draw in full

Here is a recap of all the FA Cup fifth round fixtures, to be played between February 27 and March 2.

• Southampton vs Luton Town or Grimsby Town
  • Leicester City vs Blackburn Rovers or Birmingham City
  • Stoke City vs Brighton & Hove Albion
  • Wrexham or Sheffield United vs Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fulham or Sunderland vs Leeds United
  • Bristol City vs Manchester City
  • Manchester United vs Derby County or West Ham United
  • Ipswich Town or Burnley vs Sheffield Wednesday or Fleetwood Town

I loved when Chappers said "some great draws there" as he desperately scanned down the list for the all premiership draw... then preceded to read them all out as there is only one great draw.  

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Swansea as mentioned above maybe was police reasons, WBA no idea.

If we can give a reduced capacity does this I wonder open up a chance for a few home fans in the Atyeo, how many vs the Manchester clubs last time?

Atyeo looked pretty full of West Brom fans on Saturday. Can’t imagine you could fit many more in than they had. Must have been close to 3,000.

11 minutes ago, Marina&#x27;s Rolls Royce said:

So today, I interviewed the full time Nursing carer who is going to be moving in to look after my Mum.

The subject of football was mentioned by me and it turned out that she is a fanatical MCFC supporter - long term ST holder.This was before the draw.

She has now sent me a pic of her car which she is gonna be taking my Mum in- shopping etc .

ADVICE NEEDED: WTF do I do??

image.thumb.png.224b9c83190bab86e1a84126671b082d.png

Get your mum a full kit…hat, scarf the lot

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I mean there's no "would" about it. But hypothetically would you really let people buy a +1 for their 7 year old? It's not going to happen. It'll be one per ST, then members, then general sale.

Fair on the aways fans. I couldn't remember if it was 10% or 15%.

In my opinion first priority should go to those who bought for Swansea, but I know that's never a popular opinion.

Can't disagree.

But not all children are 7 years old.

I can see quite a few 10 or 11 year olds who would love to get their school mates tickets.

Just think that it could be tight, but who knows?

18 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Sure, it's an exciting tie. But to jump for joy because "WE GET TO PLAY MAN CITY!!!!" is a reaction you'd generally associate with a lower league team. It is a little bit tinpot.

Also, I rather hate the idea of my club potentially being humiliated on live TV.

No, but objectively (<< important word here!), I'm not convinced this is the best tie for the club for the reasons stated.

Yep, clubs like Norwich, Brentford, Brighton and WBA are used to playing teams like this. We’re not. So it’s exciting, because it’s novel. Just as it would be for fans of many other clubs. What’s your point?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

It's not just the TV money, being on terrestrial TV it is the advertising revenue via electronic boards etc where some big money can be made.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1