IGNORED

Fifth Round Draw: Home to Man City

BUTOR

6 hours ago, phantom said:

The Bears season ticket holders come in as members

The rest is self sorting

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It does amaze me so many still talking about when the game will be played - the club have already said it will be on the Wednesday UNLESS selected for TV

I have honestly never known so many people get in a frenzy about sales periods, allocations etc etc.

If you have a season ticket you WILL get your seat

If you are a member you WILL get the opportunity to be able to buy a seat

It WILL make general sale, but they WILL sell out

I'd have a bet it's on Tuesday with the Spurs and Man U games on Wednesday and Thursday night.  Spurs and Man U are playing the Sunday before whilst Man City are playing on Saturday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After priority for season tickets holders and then members, maybe the club could go oldskool like for Liverpool tickets in 1994..... Vouchers handed out at the next 4 home games, then queue up for 18 hours outside the ticket office.

Nice little boost to gate receipts too...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mad Cyril said:

After priority for season tickets holders and then members, maybe the club could go oldskool like for Liverpool tickets in 1994..... Vouchers handed out at the next 4 home games, then queue up for 18 hours outside the ticket office.

Nice little boost to gate receipts too...

Wolves at home - handing vouchers for Liverpool out on the same day they were doing Quid A Kid. Absolute carnage that day.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Not sure why people seem confused. The games will be 1st of March at 7:45pm unless moved for TV.

Two different official City websites show different days and venues. As the per the above in the thread. Is why there is confusion. 

but it’s wait and see per the television people  

Edited by REDOXO

7 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Two different official City websites show different days and venues. As the per the above in the thread. Is why there is confusion. 

but it’s wait and see per the television people  

1:45pm on the 27th is an obvious error though, no one can believe it will be then.

Edit: looks like you're on a different timezone.

Edited by DaveF
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DaveF said:

1:45pm on the 27th is an obvious error though, no one can believe it will be then.

Edit: looks like you're on a different timezone.

Exactly time zone time is correct. Who knows about the 27th. Not quite as obvious. 

However it is down to tv and agreement so at the moment it’s moot. 

2 hours ago, DaveF said:

Not sure why people seem confused. The games will be 1st of March at 7:45pm unless moved for TV.

They pretty much said this during the draw. 

It's really simple. It's either going to be the Tues, Wed or Thurs around 8pm ish. 

The Thursday we can probably rule out as Man City are the early Saturday TV game on the 4th. We kick off early too away to Cardiff. 

Both of us play on the Saturday before with Man City having thr 17:30 TV game. 

So it's pretty much going to be either the Tuesday or Wednesday on either BBC1 or ITV1. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It's really simple. It's either going to be the Tues, Wed or Thurs around 8pm ish. 

The Thursday we can probably rule out as Man City are the early Saturday TV game on the 4th. We kick off early too away to Cardiff. 

So it's pretty much going to be either the Tuesday or Wednesday on either BBC1 or ITV1. 

Exactly 

But not Monday away is it says on the mobile ap. :laugh:!

10 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

Typical city... Couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery....... Should be a voucher system for next home game get some extra  revenue maybe new fans instead of the glory hunting what colour are city in brigade.... 

I remember the days of rocking up at Oldham away on a Tuesday night and SL would be their to greet you and hand you a voucher for possible future cup games.

9 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

Typical city... Couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery....... Should be a voucher system for next home game get some extra  revenue maybe new fans instead of the glory hunting what colour are city in brigade.... 

How would that work, when they promoted 1 of the benefits of a season ticket is priority tickets and guess will be similar for membership

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Looking at the PL fixtures around it I'd be amazed if our game wasn't on the Tuesday. The TV companies will want a big team on each of Tues, Wed and Thurs, and Man Utd and Spurs both play on the preceeding Sunday which would rule them out of the Tuesday slot.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Looking at the PL fixtures around it I'd be amazed if our game wasn't on the Tuesday. The TV companies will want a big team on each of Tues, Wed and Thurs, and Man Utd and Spurs both play on the preceeding Sunday which would rule them out of the Tuesday slot.

Aha! Good point! I had completely overlooked this when I was thinking about it. 

When the draw was made below was the BBC headline about the draw. 

I fully expect it to be on BBC 1 on the Tuesday night.

Screenshot_20230131_031424.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, weepywall said:

So will Bears members get the chance to buy tickets at the same time as City members ? 

I wouldn’t have thought so. My interpretation has always been that a season ticket for one, counts as a membership across Bristol Sport. A membership for one of the clubs equates to just that. 

Ive probably done ten games with the kids this season using my Bears ST, if I miss out on Man City tickets to someone who’s done no games but bought a membership, so be it.  

Edited by Barrs Court Red
  • Thanks 1

On 31/01/2023 at 12:47, Davefevs said:

What’s reckon?

Season card holders first

Members

Bears season card holders

general sale

something like that?

I guess the club got to add ST holders and members together and get the total and assume everyone wants one. Obviously not all ST holders will take their ticket, but you have to believe they will as probably be passed to family or friends.

Whether that total will then allow Bears ST holders to take from the pot I don;t know. But if they do, and they did previously didn't they, then surely there would be virtually none for general sale.

Surely it would be fairer to go to general sale after ST and then members. But to be honest I doubt after the club have satisfied the first two groups if they care who buys the remaining tickets as long as they are sold, and they will be. Its all £££'s

• Thanks 1