IGNORED

Fifth Round Draw: Home to Man City

BUTOR

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

I guess the club got to add ST holders and members together and get the total and assume everyone wants one. Obviously not all ST holders will take their ticket, but you have to believe they will as probably be passed to family or friends.

Whether that total will then allow Bears ST holders to take from the pot I don;t know. But if they do, and they did previously didn't they, then surely there would be none for general sale.

Surely it would be fairer to go to general sale after ST and then members. But to be honest I doubt after the club have satisfied the first two groups if they care who buys the remaining tickets as long as they are sold, and they will be. Its all £££'s

It will be exactly that. ST holders, then members, then general sale. Hence why the club have been promoting the membership ever since the draw was made, trying to get people to sign up for a membership to make an extra £20! There will be around 22k seats available to City fans, so assuming they only let ST holders and members buy 1 ticket each, then there will likely be at least 5k available for general sale.

• Like 1

• Admin
28 minutes ago, Ashton Yate said:

It will be exactly that. ST holders, then members, then general sale. Hence why the club have been promoting the membership ever since the draw was made, trying to get people to sign up for a membership to make an extra £20! There will be around 22k seats available to City fans, so assuming they only let ST holders and members buy 1 ticket each, then there will likely be at least 5k available for general sale.

Except it's not a Bristol City membership it's a Bristol sport membership 

1 hour ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Why on the clubs internet app is the FA cup tie against Man city listed at Feb 27 th away at Manchester.

I am confused 

That's the woman's team!

Official site shows the men at home on Wednesday 1st March!

Edited by Redtucks
  • Thanks 1

• Admin

25 pages in and people are still flapping about dates, times and sales periods 

I dread to think how some of you will react when the details are released 

1 minute ago, Redtucks said:

That's the woman's team!

How many people do you reckon will buy tickets for the wrong fixture? 

• Haha 8

35 minutes ago, Ashton Yate said:

I hope when general sale comes that it's with a match purchase history.

4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I hope when general sale comes that it's with a match purchase history.

I don't think it will be to be honest. The best chance of getting a ticket would be to sign up for a membership. Most supporters who attend regular matches (home and away) will likely be a member anyway, as it pays for itself after attending a couple of games, so they are already rewarding those that support the team regularly. 

14 minutes ago, phantom said:

I cant wait for the confusion that will be caused by the fact it will be one ticket per season ticket holder/membership. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

Except it's not a Bristol City membership it's a Bristol sport membership 

Same thing though really. I don't think there will be anywhere near as many Bears members as City ones, and the ones that are probably won't have much interest in football and not want to go anyway. Anyone can buy a membership, and if anyone plans to attend a few matches a season and would like the priority access for big games then it is a no-brainer to have one.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, italian dave said:

It always amazes me that people think ST holders will be entitled to more than one ticket. Just do the maths!!

In the past when we have reached the EFL cup finals season ticket holders have been able to purchase two tickets, but then Wembley stadium is a bit bigger than Ashton gate, maybe that's why the confusion has arisen.  

Edited by pillred
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, pillred said:

In the past when we have reached the EFL cup finals season ticket holders have been able to purchase two tickets, but then Wembley stadium is a bit bigger than Ashton gate, maybe that's why the confusion has arisen.  

Plus people don't have reserved seats in Wembley like you do for your ST at AG 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Wait what! Oh you mean the JPT?

And the Freight rover trophy and the Auto windscreens, we have won it three times under various names, to be honest, there are so many I have forgotten half of them. I think the latest name for it is the EFL cup. 

Edited by pillred

8 hours ago, phantom said:

I said that as soon as the draw was made. Surely people will realise by the ticket price. The men's pricing is going to be top £££ and the ladies (or women's game whatever they like to be known as) will probably be on par with our Lincoln type pricing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

What I don't like is that if we were drawn away to them then VAR would be used however because we are at home it won't be. 

However if we do make the quarters and have a home game then VAR will be installed at AG for that game. 

Clear video footage of Stones taking out Wells with a baseball bat on the 6 yard line.... Goes to VAR.... "No Penalty".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

14 hours ago, archie andrews said:

Typical city... Couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery....... Should be a voucher system for next home game get some extra  revenue maybe new fans instead of the glory hunting what colour are city in brigade.... 

What is to stop the "glory hunter" going to the next game to get a voucher, and how do you tell them apart from the "new fan" you speak of attending for the first time?  Aren't they also sort of going just to get a ticket for the Man City game)

too and they are both doing the same aren't they. 

1 hour ago, TheReds said:

What is to stop the "glory hunter" going to the next game to get a voucher, and how do you tell them apart from the "new fan" you speak of attending for the first time?  Aren't they also sort of going just to get a ticket for the Man City game)

too and they are both doing the same aren't they. 

I remember the days of sudden boosts in crowds to watch a mid table nothing game against Portsmouth or someone. It was an acceptable way of the club making a few quid, by dishing out tokens that looked like Green Shield stamps. :)

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

Oh the problems that many are noting about getting tickets. However on purchases with ST, Membership, or general public, it will all be done in the comfort of one's own home.

You should try queueing in freezing cold and rain or snow for two to four hours in the evening, in the streets around Ashton Gate, like we had to in the good old/bad old days. Two buses from and to Filton where I lived and even the possibility that last bus from Centre to Filton was full up and that meant a walk home!

And an early rising next morning to get last night's homework done!

Edited by cidered abroad
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1