IGNORED

Wrong Highlights on BBC

Coupon

7 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Less than 60 seconds of highlights at the very end of a 100 minute MOTD, and Sam Bell’s 2nd goal, as good as any scored so far in this round, got no mention at all afterwards. Poor but at least they finally managed to show the right teams!!

And I sat up till past midnight for that, appalling coverage 

• Like 2

I was going to start a thread on this - unusually for me. At 58, I thought I was too long in the tooth to be bothered by this sort of nonsense, but yesterdays MOTD was simply risible. To put our 3-0 on last as part of a brief roundup, half an hour after highlights of a match played 24 hours earlier and sometime after Ipswich’s 0-0 showed utter contempt for our club and region. There’s being unfashionable and then there’s being deliberately ignored. No wonder we never get a penalty.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

I was going to start a thread on this - unusually for me. At 58, I thought I was too long in the tooth to be bothered by this sort of nonsense, but yesterdays MOTD was simply risible. To put our 3-0 on last as part of a brief roundup, half an hour after highlights of a match played 24 hours earlier and sometime after Ipswich’s 0-0 showed utter contempt for our club and region. There’s being unfashionable and then there’s being deliberately ignored. No wonder we never get a penalty.

We are so unremarkable, it's painful. This is why The Few eventually settled on their comedy, pantomime strip because they were/are never going to be recognised for any thing they do on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

We are so unremarkable, it's painful. This is why The Few eventually settled on their comedy, pantomime strip because they were/are never going to be recognised for any thing they do on the pitch.

Don’t agree.

We are considered unremarkable & patronised but we are significantly bigger than loads of clubs who get disproportionately greater coverage.

I think we are on the right track & love watching a side with probably more home produced players than anyone else but if the media want to hype Wrexham then **** them.

9 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Less than 60 seconds of highlights at the very end of a 100 minute MOTD, and Sam Bell’s 2nd goal, as good as any scored so far in this round, got no mention at all afterwards. Poor but at least they finally managed to show the right teams!!

You'd have thought it would have been the perfect time to mention to Williams about his former club, but no . It's like "we're contractually obliged to show the all the goals, but if we could get out of it, we would !"

• Hmmm 1
  • Robin 1

46 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

2 championship teams was never going to be high in the list not sure what else you were expecting.

The BBC really have zero interest in sides that are not in the premier League other than if they think it's a giant killing as that's clearly a box there coverage has to tick, I am sure if they didn't have to show our goals contractually they wouldn't have bothered at all, 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

With the exception of Luton v Grimsby, all matches featuring Prem teams were shown ahead of us. Coincidence?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Don’t agree.

We are considered unremarkable & patronised but we are significantly bigger than loads of clubs who get disproportionately greater coverage.

I think we are on the right track & love watching a side with probably more home produced players than anyone else but if the media want to hype Wrexham then **** them.

I too like the home produced players coming through, it's certainly interesting, and satisfying, if not yet remarkable. 

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

If it's the website one, they are written by PA Sports. Long gone are the days the BBC could afford to employ local stringers at every league or cup game. 

This was the highlights of the FA Cup on the TV.  We were last as usual, and no discussion as such on the game. 

Just now, kiwicolin said:

This was the highlights of the FA Cup on the TV.  We were last as usual, and no discussion as such on the game. 

Ah right. I went down the boozer last night. I've abandoned any hope of there being much coverage of City games on mainstream telly. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Ah right. I went down the boozer last night. I've abandoned any hope of there being much coverage of City games on mainstream telly. 

Quite agree. I didn't bother to watch MotD as I knew what would happen. It's annoying in that they'll even show extended highlights of the game they broadcast live, in it's entirety, just a few hours earlier, plus reshow the goals and highlights from games they have shown about three times already (at the end of Final Score, on the News and then at halftime during the Spurs v PNE game) yet to see the first televised highlights (usually just the goals) from a game that hasn't been seen at all one has to sit through everything one has already seen umpteen times before it is plonked on as an afterthought at the very end. 

• Like 2