IGNORED

Massengo - Loan to Auxerre (Confirmed)

Davefevs

Auxerre out of the drop zone at last.

Didnt see the natch bar a few highlights but from reports Massengo impressed again and was ithe player nterviewed after the game. 

The commentators often mention how playing in the championship has made him the pkayer he is.

Good to see him doing well. 

1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

Didnt see the natch bar a few highlights but from reports Massengo impressed again and was ithe player nterviewed after the game. 

The commentators often mention how playing in the championship has made him the pkayer he is.

Well done to the boy. How much is compensation under the circumstances?

15 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

If the championship had made him a player, he is thats why we are giving him away, was in the shop window here 3 years as Nigel stated there where no takers

He wasn't for sale for the majority of that time. When he was free to leave he wasn't playing any football so quite difficult to move on if you're not even playing 

Just now, Oh Louie louie said:

The closest he got to a move was when Holden tried fobbing him off to Birmingham on loan

I get you don't rate him which is fine. 

This thread has turned into one where we're updating how he's getting on. For us and yourself do us a favour and just ignore it? 

He's gone so there's nothing for you to worry about now 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

It’s a pity that playing in the Championship didn’t make him the player he is when he was at City 

55 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Might bump up the compensation. 

⬇️⬇️⬇️

29 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

We couldn't give him away and the only club that wanted him was desparate but if he gave a good interview after the match thats all that matters this may boost our compo I agree 

Not unless he stays in this country…hugely unlikely.

26 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I'm not sure, I've heard c£300k mentioned 

Yep, fixed Compo (based on category of club and years spent here) if he goes outside England.

Decent player…proving his ability during his loan.  Well done Han.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

Watched a little at lunchtime,know nothing of the standard of the French leagues but it didn’t look a very good to me, very laboured pace to the game.

It’s awful,half the league would be in league 1 with the rovers,mid table maybe city level and the rest apart from psg struggling prem 

3 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

Watched a little at lunchtime,know nothing of the standard of the French leagues but it didn’t look a very good to me, very laboured pace to the game.

I think that's what they mean by making him the player he now is, he is stronger, faster and more robust than when he first arrived. Not enough for the rigor of the championship every week but when you go to a league like France most of the teams are below championship quality.

• Like 1

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

Cmon Dave,you can put as many charts up as you want up but the watching of football tells you different 

It’s a different style to our game / Championship.  But it’s better better than just PSG.

https://www.skysports.com/ligue-1-table

Top end Champ would be competitive, but the bottom half is no way EFL Lg1.  If you were comparing France Lg2 to EFL Lg1 then yeah.

All about opinions though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s a different style to our game / Championship.  But it’s better better than just PSG.

Top end Champ would be competitive, but the bottom half is no way EFL Lg1.  If you were comparing France Lg2 to EFL Lg1 then yeah.

Ligue 2 is literally lower league 2 mate apart from maybe the top 2 who would be top half,think you overrate French football 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mozo said:

If Massengo is playing regularly Ligue 1 football next season there would be no doubt that his career is going well.

He's only 21 atm.

I think that is often overlooked. He is 21 and has 100 or so (99 reported) championship matches. Never quite worked out here, but that’s not that shabby at all.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, mozo said:

If Massengo is playing regularly Ligue 1 football next season there would be no doubt that his career is going well.

He's only 21 atm.

This is true,maybe the mods can do a sub section where people can talk about our ex players because if Alex Scott does well in the prem it will be non stop on the main forum 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Im with you Dave. Clubs like Marseille, Lyon, Monaco, Nice, Lille etc are all lower to middling Prem clubs IMO. You look at the infrastructure and academies at clubs like Lyon and they are superb. Better than anything at Championship level in this country and most of the lower Premier league aswell.

Most of the clubs i mentioned regularly hold their own in the Champions league or Europa league aswell. As you said the style is slower but technically there are some very good players in ligue 1.

We all know right now Premier league is without a doubt the best league in the world but i think it has gone to the heads of some people in this country in recent years. 

• Like 4