IGNORED

Anis Mehmeti - Signed 3.5 Year Deal (Confirmed)

Gol

23 minutes ago, Mattredrobin said:

Was just about to post the same thing, Defo outside the Lansdown stand in the dark must've been completed last night.

Apparently, he was training with the squad today so it must have been completed yesterday.

Sneaky.

10 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:
When I find myself in trouble, Anis Mehmeti scores for me
Scoring goals for City, Mehmeti
And in my hour of darkness he's standing right in front of me
Mehmeti, Mehmeti, Mehmeti, Mehmeti

That works really well actually!

I had in my head a version of that Nahki Wells one we’ve tried with S82 of ‘Waka Waka’:

Anis Mehmeti, eh eh
Anis Anis, eh eh
Anis Mehmeti our midfielder
He’s from Albania!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

A few titbits from the Wycombe press release.

https://www.wwfc.com/news/2023/january/31/anis-mehmeti-joins-bristol-city/

"Anis Mehmeti has completed a transfer to Championship side Bristol City in a club record deal for Wycombe Wanderers."

"[Ainsworth says]...taking this player from non-league to becoming this club’s record transfer. We didn’t want to lose him, but Bristol City have matched his asking price and we can’t stand in his way."

"The deal includes the potential for future payments depending on various landmarks being reached in Anis’s career."

So we've broken their record fee received, which transfermarkt has as 1m Euro. People were saying this was a £1m up front fee so that checks out. That could rise based on "various landmarks" (love that as a phrase btw).

Their selling data https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/wycombe-wanderers/rekordabgaenge/verein/2805

37 minutes ago, beaverface said:

Wow! It gets dark early in BS3!

Someone on here told me there were players at the HPC last night.  Think other said youngsters were cleared out early too for medical.

29 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I was just about to comment that “great signing…..the kid is special” (post above yours) reminded me of so many posts about HNM three years ago! ?

Proof in the pudding etc, I guess. Main difference now is that it’s NP who’s brought him in and clearly sees him as a fit with the way he wants to set up and play. That’s not been the case for HNM for ages - arguably if ever. 

I guess nobody (maybe 1 or 2) had heard of / seen Massengo when that French Journo brought him to our attention.

28 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Mehmeti, bam-a-lam

Mehmeti, bam-a-lam

You can even add in the the “Anis” bit too.

Mehmeti scored a goal bam-a-lam

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, One Team said:

That works really well actually!

I had in my head a version of that Nahki Wells one we’ve tried with S82 of ‘Waka Waka’:

Anis Mehmeti, eh eh
Anis Anis, eh eh
Anis Mehmeti our midfielder
He’s from Albania!

That, or 

Anis

Anis Mehmeti runs down the wing for me.

OR

Heees Albanian

He only cost us a million

And we think hes fkin brilliant

Aniissss Mehmeti

32 minutes ago, phantom said:

Looking at how detailed all the social media is prior to the announcement it is no wonder all these new signings are taking so long to be announced

Shame when they do, they do not quote what he said or double check for typo's- should be work ethic

Although maybe we would have to wait another hour

anis.JPG

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Aren't they the same thing ?

Not sure about the English meaning, but to me forward sound more like striker/winger, whereas an attacking midfielder doesn't have necessarily to play in attack (ex: Brownhill played in midfield but had an attacking predisposition)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

First Albanian to play for the City surely?

I can’t think of any others.

I know he’s been in England a while but as Norman Wisdom Is big in Tirana perhaps we should present him with a box set - failing that we can just show him a DVD of the slapstick comedians from Horfield in their variety show performance with Eric Morecambe last weekend…