IGNORED

Anis Mehmeti - Signed 3.5 Year Deal (Confirmed)

Gol

52 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Definitely a lot of jealousy from the fanalyst community on twitter.

Good! Considering he cost us about one-tenth of what we got for Semenyo if he is half as good as that showreel we have got the steal of the season. I have to ask myself why nobody else was prepared to take a chance on him at that price? 

Edited by pillred
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, downendcity said:

If he continues his progression, then by the end of the season I reckon that he will know he's ready to make the step up to the next level 

If he continues his progression, then by the end of the season more bigger clubs will be wondering whether they can afford to wait and risk missing out on a player with such potential.

The type of offers we all suspect will come in for him would make it difficult for the club to turn down.

The financial rewards on offer, allied to the chance to play at the highest level and give his career a further boost (with his agent's encouragement, no doubt!) Would make it difficult for the player to reject 

Of course, when we secure the FA Cup and promotion double all the above becomes academic! :D

I think if he puts in an 8/10 performance against Man City then Pep won't leave the building without putting an offer in. 

An impressive performance against City will elevate the level of clubs that will come in for him. 

Right now I'd say mid to lower prem clubs are what will be seriously looking at him. Maybe a Tottenham too who just like to collect young players and not do anything with them. Maybe even a Dortmund.

But a good performance against City and he's looking at a top 6 club. 

Alex Scott in my opinion can go to the very highest level of this game. I mean champions league, World cups etc. 

But he needs to very very carefully choose the correct move for him, which I think he will. I also think that us as a club would also try to sell him to the right club for him and his career as we are a caring club and him having the best possible career will further benefit us.

If we sell to a top 6 club then we get in to thr realms of being able to add clauses such as Champ league appearances bonuses etc.

• Robin 1

5 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

But he needs to very very carefully choose the correct move for him, which I think he will. I also think that us as a club would also try to sell him to the right club for him and his career as we are a caring club and him having the best possible career will further benefit us.

Even if that meant accepting a lower offer??

8 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think if he puts in an 8/10 performance against Man City then Pep won't leave the building without putting an offer in. 

An impressive performance against City will elevate the level of clubs that will come in for him. 

Right now I'd say mid to lower prem clubs are what will be seriously looking at him. Maybe a Tottenham too who just like to collect young players and not do anything with them. Maybe even a Dortmund.

But a good performance against City and he's looking at a top 6 club. 

Alex Scott in my opinion can go to the very highest level of this game. I mean champions league, World cups etc. 

If we sell to a top 6 club then we get in to thr realms of being able to add clauses such as Champ league appearances bonuses etc.

Probably cup tied.

How did no one else try and steal him from us if there was a fairly low release clause? One of if not the best signing of the window in the efl apparently. Very excited to see what he brings but as others have said, need to give him time to step up a level and find his feet

8 hours ago, BLRed said:

How did no one else try and steal him from us if there was a fairly low release clause? One of if not the best signing of the window in the efl apparently. Very excited to see what he brings but as others have said, need to give him time to step up a level and find his feet

I think by the time it came out about the release clause, we already had the deal done, pictures ect were done the night before it was announced

12 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

After watching the video, how did we get him so cheaply?

O'Dowda looked amazing in his showreel too!!  The difference here is that NP will trust him play his own game and have players around him that'll help him shine. 

I still think we coached all the O'Dowda out of O'Dowda.  Shame.  

• Like 2

From what I’ve seen little bits of him and the clubs interview, he looks to have a bit of an arrogant edge to him, but in a good way. 

I don’t think he’s going to be a shirker, put it that way. We have had so many of those in the past, “if I play, I play” attitude.

He’s here to win.

Edited by Lew-T
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Red Skin said:

O'Dowda looked amazing in his showreel too!!  The difference here is that NP will trust him play his own game and have players around him that'll help him shine. 

I still think we coached all the O'Dowda out of O'Dowda.  Shame.  

Callum O’Dowda is in that big list of ‘shirkers’ that I’ve stated above. It looks like we’re finally getting our act together 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

From what I’ve seen little bits of him and the clubs interview, he looks to have a bit of an arrogant edge to him, but in a good way. 

I don’t think he’s going to be a shirk, put it that way. We have had so many of those in the past, “if I play, I play” aitude.

He’s here to win.

From what I have heard from the Wycombe end he's one of the hardest trainers they have ever had as well as the most talented. And Wycombe have produced some decent players over the years

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, Lew-T said:

I don’t think he’s going to be a shirker, put it that way. We have had so many of those in the past, “if I play, I play” attitude.

He’s here to win.

I've said before that I think our squad is lacking a sprinkle of arrogance and ruthlessness. So totes agree, hope this lad has that and that it rubs off on our homegrown young uns.

• Like 1

On 31/01/2023 at 21:12, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I did, Dave. So I have to admit that I had the sound down.

For fear that you were trapping me into watching the full 12 minutes  again- I googled it (1.1 secs). It's single double single over 60 yards.

Let's stick to FFS, IMO and draw the line at : :laugh: ?

I have enough trauma about your charts and stats presuming that everyone but me understands them. PTSD.

Ps I've just found out that on otib you cant write L something L withouth it being changed to "laugh"

That's as bad as s a u c e 

I’ve got no idea what they mean… Lines and lines and lines…I know there is a Swansea!

Edited by exAtyeoMax

On 02/02/2023 at 01:22, pillred said:

Good! Considering he cost us about one-tenth of what we got for Semenyo if he is half as good as that showreel we have got the steal of the season. I have to ask myself why nobody else was prepared to take a chance on him at that price? 

Mehmeti I feel will become a club legend - or disappear making barely a ripple & not anything between the two..

Measured by the money that was literally burned during the Swiss tony years, this is low/calculated risk..and certainly not scattergun.

Looking forwards to see what he can do,, hopefully the former!

Edited by Son of Fred
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Mehmeti I feel will become a club legend - or disappear making barely a ripple & not anything between the two..

Measured by the money that was literally burned during the Swiss tony years, this is low/calculated risk....

Looking forwards to see what he can do,, hopefully the former!

Sammie Szmodics had similar hype when he arrived from a lower league but only made three appearances, though he has now fulfilled his potential at Blackburn.

Hopefully this works out better for us.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sammie_Szmodics

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Sammie Szmodics had similar hype when he arrived from a lower league but only made three appearances, though he has now fulfilled his potential at Blackburn.

That was more to do with how he was managed and are other signings shortly after.  He didn't get a proper chance

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

That was down to shite recruitment by LJ & Ashton. We signed palmer & had Paterson  here at the same time . There was no sense signing the lad . Completely different now . 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Bard said:

That was more to do with how he was managed and are other signings shortly after.  He didn't get a proper chance

Yes I do agree. I know there was an injury issue. But not feel he given a far crack of the whip. From what I seen on vid clips this Mehmeti looks impressive. Looking forward to see how that develops in finding patterns of play with Scott and Bell 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

That was down to shite recruitment by LJ & Ashton. We signed palmer & had Paterson  here at the same time . There was no sense signing the lad . Completely different now . 

Hopefully so, though it's always a gamble with lower league stars.

I think he's a great signing for the price.

The biggest positives for me are the posts on the Wycombe forum saying that they thought he could have done better than signing for Bristol City; this suggests that he is genuinely very good rather than just very good at that level.

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I’ve got no idea what they mean… Lines and lines and lines…I know there is a Swansea!

for example:

image.png.e207b8c1a10e5334870f6dd95d9effbf.png

The longer the line the better they are! Red line is average for the division / position.  He is one of the highest dribblers in the division, and gets the most touches in the box.  His dribble success rate is just above average.

As for these, blobs rather than lines:

251C5CB7-6C95-49E5-AF7F-DD3F05AC82E3.jpeg.a89deb18c9bc4bb6ef310e0fd857670e.jpeg

closer they are to the top right corner the better.  Red lines are average again.  Anis scores 0.34 goals per 90 mins.  According to his xG he gets 0.26 xG per 90…so he scores more than he should from his chances, and that is a lot for a wide forward / attacking midfielder.

each blob is a player.

Edited by Davefevs

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

for example:

image.png.e207b8c1a10e5334870f6dd95d9effbf.png

The longer the line the better they are! Red line is average for the division / position.  He is one of the highest dribblers in the division, and gets the most touches in the box.  His dribble success rate is just above average.

As for these, blobs rather than lines:

251C5CB7-6C95-49E5-AF7F-DD3F05AC82E3.jpeg.a89deb18c9bc4bb6ef310e0fd857670e.jpeg

closer they are to the top right corner the better.  Red lines are average again.  Anis scores 0.34 goals per 90 mins.  According to his xG he gets 0.26 xG per 90…so he scores more than he should from his chances, and that is a lot for a wide forward / attacking midfielder.

each blob is a player.

Thanks Dave. I’m glad he’s a dribbler, want to see our players running at them a bit more. ?

As for the blobs, ?

who is the blob at the extreme top right?