IGNORED

Potentially Two Teams After Today

And Its Smith

A big IF right now but with a big day ahead of us it is certainly exciting to think that we could have this depth after today.  People can dispute who would be in the first team or second team, and of course there are always injuries to contend with, but that is some pretty impressive depth if we pull everything off today that is allegedly intended. 

Haikin 
Tanner.  Vyner.  Atkinson. Pring
            James.  Naismith
   Weimann.  Scott.  Mehmeti
                    Wells

O’Leary
Wilson.  O’Brien.  Kalas. Currie
          Williams.  Kadji
    Bell.    Sykes. Cornick
               Conway

Benarous as well and all of the up and coming youngsters.  

Swap Conway and Wells around and that first team has been put together for about £5m I think. 

Edited by And Its Smith
  • Like 1

It will be a massive shock if we get all these rumoured deals over the line today. I was expecting it all to happen in the summer, not now. The semenyo money has clearly opened up some doors. With Scott probably going in the summer for 20 million + (or maybe a last minute deal today), the club are in a much better place financially. Bents, Palmer and maybe Dasilva going today gets rid of the top earners. Kalas will prob go in summer unless he agrees to a much lower salary like Nahki has already done

With regards to Nige. Patience was always required in view of our financial situation. Most players that have played for him comment on his brilliant man management skills and portray him as a bit of father like figure. What you see in front of the camera in his interviews is not the same bloke the players see. Yes, he will fall out with some players who do not work to his plan. Good. Bust ups, ill feeling happens at every club.... Nige is getting people on his bus and if you dont like it, he will put you under it. Good... 

Edited by Tomo
  • Like 8

50 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

A big IF right now but with a big day ahead of us it is certainly exciting to think that we could have this depth after today.  People can dispute who would be in the first team or second team, and of course there are always injuries to contend with, but that is some pretty impressive depth if we pull everything off today that is allegedly intended. 

Haikin 
            James.  Naismith
                    Wells

O’Leary
          Williams.  Kadji
    Bell.    Sykes. Cornick
               Conway

Swap Conway and Wells around and that first team has been put together for about £5m I think. 

Who would win that game? Answers on a postcard…

53 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Haikin 
            James.  Naismith
                    Wells

O’Leary
          Williams.  Kadji
    Bell.    Sykes. Cornick
               Conway

Sounds great but lets wait 24 hours to see what pans out.

44 minutes ago, Tomo said:

It will be a massive shock if we get all these rumoured deals over the line today. I was expecting it all to happen in the summer, not now. The semenyo money has clearly opened up some doors. With Scott probably going in the summer for 20 million + (or maybe a last minute deal today), the club are in a much better place financially. Bents, Palmer and maybe Dasilva going today gets rid of the top earners. Kalas will prob go in summer unless he agrees to a much lower salary like Nahki has already done

With regards to Nige. Patience was always required in view of our financial situation. Most players that have played for him comment on his brilliant man management skills and portray him as a bit of father like figure. What you see in front of the camera in his interviews is not the same bloke the players see. Yes, he will fall out with some players who do not work to his plan. Good. Bust ups, ill feeling happens at every club.... Nige is getting people on his bus and if you dont like it, he will put you under it. Good... 

And he has probably already outlawed any mention of Man City and concentrate on getting a good result at Deepdale.

My two observations would be:

1) Whether we get O'Brien, Currie, Cornick and Mehmeti all over the line or not, it is nonetheless very clear that the club have clearly identified the players they want to target and gone for them as soon as soon as we are in a financial position to do so. They might come off or might not but I get the sense they are all players the club has put thought into and, if we don't get them, we may or may not have one or two alternative targets but we're not going to be making a scattershot approach for any half-decent player that will come to us, which felt like the case after Webster left in 2019.

2) Whatever happens with Dasilva, Kalas, O'Leary or Vyner over the summer, we will go into next season with just one player who Pearson did not either sign, bring through from the youth team or make an active decision to offer a new contract. Next season will very much be Pearson's team and everyone should theoretically be on the bus. 

18 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

My two observations would be:

1) Whether we get O'Brien, Currie, Cornick and Mehmeti all over the line or not, it is nonetheless very clear that the club have clearly identified the players they want to target and gone for them as soon as soon as we are in a financial position to do so. They might come off or might not but I get the sense they are all players the club has put thought into and, if we don't get them, we may or may not have one or two alternative targets but we're not going to be making a scattershot approach for any half-decent player that will come to us, which felt like the case after Webster left in 2019.

2) Whatever happens with Dasilva, Kalas, O'Leary or Vyner over the summer, we will go into next season with just one player who Pearson did not either sign, bring through from the youth team or make an active decision to offer a new contract. Next season will very much be Pearson's team and everyone should theoretically be on the bus. 

Excellent point on 2).  All aboard the Pearson bus 

25 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

And this was the backbone of my “inheritance” thread.  You have to wait for a contract cycle to near its end before you can really call it “Nige’s squad”.  We are approaching that now….only Williams will likely remain this summer, and I think we will see a decision one way or another on him this summer.

It’s been a helluva job, and Nige has had to compromise the playing side massively to get to this position.  I’m no climber, but are we approaching “Base Camp” on the climb to the top of Everest?