IGNORED

Timm Klose

GrahamC

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I spoke to a colleague yesterday whose son is a striker for the u21s, I’m not saying who, but those who know me will know & because this isn’t gossip or unkind, feel ok about sharing this.

He said Timm had been absolutely brilliant in training with his lad, always talking to him, explaining as a defender that “this causes me problems” or “I don’t want to be dragged there” & could not have been any more supportive of a first year pro.

I can’t say I’m surprised, as he struck me as a decent sort from day one & because it is undoubtedly going to get lost amongst the mass of transfers yesterday, do genuinely want to wish him the very best.

He was smart & very funny, too.

Heard this as well. He had been coaching  the young un’s right up till yesterday.
All very fond of him. 

Sad scenes up the HPC yesterday as he said his goodbyes. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

I spoke to a colleague yesterday whose son is a striker for the u21s, I’m not saying who, but those who know me will know & because this isn’t gossip or unkind, feel ok about sharing this.

He said Timm had been absolutely brilliant in training with his lad, always talking to him, explaining as a defender that “this causes me problems” or “I don’t want to be dragged there” & could not have been any more supportive of a first year pro.

I can’t say I’m surprised, as he struck me as a decent sort from day one & because it is undoubtedly going to get lost amongst the mass of transfers yesterday, do genuinely want to wish him the very best.

Really sorry to see him go; he made such an impact last season on the pitch, and sounds like he did so elsewhere this.

I really hope the club keep in touch with him. If his ambitions lie in coaching he’s potentially one of those off the wall appointments that we’ve always admired in other clubs. Who knows: 2-3 years and NP moves ‘upstairs’ to a DoF role and we want a head coach again?! 

• Like 3

From everything you read he seems to have been a model pro, and a very smart and likeable chap.

I don't doubt he will be missed by people at City, but the sad thing is no-one is immune to the advance of time in their playing career. I think even his strongest supporters would admit he looked a bit like he was struggling with the pace and overall physical demands of championship/professional football when playing this season. The club cannot afford to be too sentimental about these things.

I expect that given what people are saying in this thread we will not have heard the last of him and he may well move in to coaching in some capacity.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

The person I know at the club said this too, he speaks several languages and is the total opposite character wise from what you might expect from a veteran international. A pleasure to have around, some felt he was treated a little unfairly at the end, not why it was done, but more how it was done.

Genuinely wish both him and Chris Martin well. Experienced pros like those two have been worth their weight in gold within the club in the past year or 2. When Nige discusses a change of culture, having guys like these around have obviously had a massive effect in the dressing room.

• Like 5

Always had the impression that he was this sort of player/person. Bags of experience but not one of these "Billy big balls" type characters that you hear about (and let's be fair we've had a few over the years!!) Not basing this on anything, or anyone I know, just always came across as that type of character to me.

Undoubtedly his experience and guidance would have been invaluable to the young players (in all positions), and there's no coincidence that Vyner looks a different player this year compared to in previous ones.

Based on last season he deserved an extension. Based on his appearances this season, it was clear that he had come towards the end. With a young family at home, and at a point in his career where it was probably not in his best interests to sit the contract out, the right decision for everyone was reached.

I would be extremely surprised if he didn't go into coaching at some point, but will probably spend a bit of time at home with the family. 

Came to us at a point where we were struggling, and from the sounds of it never caused an issue when he wasn't in the team. All the best big man.

Edited by Taz
  • Like 1

Just want to echo all the above posts, I've never heard a bad word said about him regarding how he went above and beyond to coach the younger lads. 

I have some great memories, especially from away matches when he only needed a funny gesture to have a laugh with the fans at times.

A classy, decent human who I hope finds his way back to us again one day. 

• Like 4
  • Robin 2

On 01/02/2023 at 13:19, ExiledAjax said:

Left a nice goodbye message. For a guy who was here for just a short time it's nice, and clearly written by him rather than his PR team.

Screenshot_20230201-131822.png

I have never seen a player who looked so delighted to win when we won as him.

He was always buzzing, you could see what winning (I'm sure whoever it was with) meant to him.

He could play too