IGNORED

We won deadline day (apparently)

BS3_RED

An interesting take. 

Had we managed to get the defender(s) we so desperately need than this would have been "probably" the best Jan in a long time: Unbeaten and edging away from relegation suction , beating WBA , Sam Bell stepping up, the Semenyo sale , the removal of big wage earners to put us on a very sound footing..... and a potential Genie in the lamp along with a proven ready to go quality striker- what an amazing month!

I said earlier this season that ( despite my well documented misgivings about Nige) we could as easily get to the play offs as to relegation. Interesting to read this article and see that they feel there's a chance of a play off place. I think Hull were near bottom at Xmas the season they beat us at Wembley.

We can but dream yet so long as we stay clear of relegation then we live to fight another day. This team should always have been doing better and now, hopefully, they've found a path to follow.

The exciting forwards that have been signed mean that we might well score more goals than we concede and with the entire Division ( bar top 2) so wide open then who knows?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Interesting in that it is restricted to deadline day itself.

Across the window I think other teams like Rotherham will be pretty happy. It’s also scary how many PL loans there now are.

A decent run, a very good cup draw, a decent enough window, suddenly we are all fairly up beat again. We all know how it works, all gets forgotten on Saturday if we get tonked.

• Like 1

I think it was pretty good, one more CB for the right price and perhaps we are winners!

Stoke had an interesting one albeit a bit more short term.

Souttar OUT

Tuanzebe, Pearson IN (loan)

Rotherham over the window added quite a few, held onto Ogbene for now and got a reported £1.5m for Barlaser  whose deal is up in the summer! ?

Blackpool's looks decent potentially. Huddersfield hard to say but in theory some useful individuals.

Stoke over the window possibly did alright although a very heavy reliance on loans as far as incomings go- churn could help or hinder them between now and May. Although a bit of chat that thay may make Tuanzebe and Pearson permanent between now and May.

We've definitely had one of the better ones IMO.

Sunderland think theirs is alright but a striker light probably given the departure of Simms and Stewart injured for months- Gelhardt on loan of course.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

@Graham c

Poor old Graham- virtually every serious post I make results with a confused emoji from you - I guess you're gutted that the aubergine is no longer unavailable. Are you still smarting from the beasting I gave you some time ago?

If  you are in need of further explanation - why not just man up and have a grown up discussion as opposed to throwing tomatos from the shadows as is your otib trademark? 

Alternatively make your life easier and put me on ignore?

Or are people like you who don't bother to pay £5 to become an OTIB supporter excluded from this option?

1 hour ago, cityexile said:

Interesting in that it is restricted to deadline day itself.

Across the window I think other teams like Rotherham will be pretty happy. It’s also scary how many PL loans there now are.

A decent run, a very good cup draw, a decent enough window, suddenly we are all fairly up beat again. We all know how it works, all gets forgotten on Saturday if we get tonked.

You are right about that. The difference is we are not going into Saturday expecting to get tonked!

• Flames 1