IGNORED

Robbo

Guest citygal17

Guest citygal17

I think robbo should b given a chance! he had a great end 2 last season and did well in pre season and he has only played 5 mins this season! i think he wud b great but he hasnt been given a chance yet.PLAY ROBBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hmm, I bet there's a smilie on here that conveys laughter but I'm too lazy to look for it.

Why don't you simply do what i'm going to and get down the Gate on Wed 1st September and watch him play 90 minutes?

You ain't going to see it in the first team cos there is too much risk that he might perform better than Scoot (can't fail!) :rolleyes:

I do think that Roberts does have potential as a striker but he is far too inconsistent to start. Heff should start scoring soon, he got 22 for a terrible team last year, give him more than 2 games to score, he needs a decent run in the team. We can't drop Leroy - 2 in 2 and was awesome at Barnsley, and with Murray droping back to right wing/forward we don't really play a conventional 4-3-3 which would suit Roberts. We also have to remember that if we need anything up front its a target man- which would have to be Miller. We don't need Roberts in the team, contary to popular opinion he didn't have a great season last season, 6 in 8 at the end but a measly 1 in 20 for the rest of the season of which at least 8 or 9 were from starting up front. He is not a team player, and only performs when it suits him. In order, Roberts should be 5th in the pecking order, behind Heff (proven), Leroy (excellent start) Miller (target man) and Gillespie (huge potential).

Surely he proved last season(when he played in the right position)

what an asset he is to us.

He has either not trained hard enough pre season or fallen out

with tinman, otherwise he should of started ahead of SG & LL.

Guest Cidergal

Roberts is a great player but it's going to be a hell of a job for him to get into the first team. We have so many strikers that it's unlikely he'll be given any sort of legitimate chance to impress because he's the sort of player that needs a good chance.

The other position he can play in in obvioulsy right wing but there's a certain popular person in his way there... :rolleyes:

Yeah you could be right... I don't want you to be though because Scott is.. Scott!!!  :whistle:

In truth, I don't want to be right either cos City is City :rolleyes: .

I just wish I could forsee watching Robbo in the first team as opposed to the reserves :whistle: . I would be a nicer person then :unsure:

I also would like to see Roberts in the first team, but only in a strikers role. I think in time he would shut a lot of people up that slag him off.

My main concern however at the moment is not having a target man. People say that Miller isnt strong enough to be a target man. Well, you dont have to be strong to be a target man just good at holding the ball up and winning headers. Won of the best target men in football over the last ten or so years must be Niall Quinn, who wasnt the strongest, but defenders rarely won a header against him and players like Kevin Phillips benefited from this.

So, Tinman give Miller his chance and I can guarantee that it wont matter who plays alongst him, they will score goals!

And as for Roberts I would like to see him introduced alongside Miller if things dont work out for Lita/Heffernan.

I also would like to see Roberts in the first team, but only in a strikers role. I think in time he would shut a lot of people up that slag him off.

My main concern however at the moment is not having a target man. People say that Miller isnt strong enough to be a target man. Well, you dont have to be strong to be a target man just good at holding the ball up and winning headers. Won of the best target men in football over the last ten or so years must be Niall Quinn, who wasnt the strongest, but defenders rarely won a header against him and players like Kevin Phillips benefited from this.

So, Tinman give Miller his chance and I can guarantee that it wont matter who plays alongst him, they will score goals!

And as for Roberts I would like to see him introduced alongside Miller if things dont work out for Lita/Heffernan.

Agreed. Miller should be playing and if you see my other post titles "it's Saturday" I think, I can't see why that can't be with 2 pacey strikers in front of him (i.e. Lita, Heffernan) with Gillespie and Roberts ready to come off the bench.

Archived