IGNORED

not won at Preston in twelve years

Never to the dark side

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Did we ever win on the plastic pitch there? Think I saw a draw

1 hour ago, archie andrews said:

2 2 1990 oLl... I was there

Was that the game we were in caged sections on the side ? 
Remember the plastic pitch, I thought we lost though. 

EDIT

Just looked it up, the game I was thinking of was the year before. Jan 88/89 lost 2-0

Edited by 1960maaan

I only went to Deepdale once - back in 1998 last game of the promotion season under John Ward. We lost 2-1 and Graham Taylor's Watford ended up taking the cup. 

Me and Mrs R&W were in the Tom Finney stand with the Preston fans - which was a bit worrying at times - especially when the stupid wife celebrated our goal - but the Preston fans were fine!

I remember being impressed with the facilities there - there was a huge bar in the back of the stand which seemed to stretch the whole length. It was manned by so many bar staff that there was no queue at all at half time. Got served straight away and watched the highlights of the first half which were being shown on multiple TVs mounted all along above the bar. 
It put the (then) facilities at Ashton Gate to shame. 

The Preston fans stayed and clapped us afterwards which was a nice touch. John Ward led the boys over to acknowledge them.

Benny took us over the following season and the rest is history ?

• Like 1

Was a rainy day as I recall. Was there with some friends who were living up North at the time. Went up from Kent, a long Saturday morning journey that. Important gdown the bottom, we put a bit of daylight and it pushed 6jrm further back into the mire, Phil Brown had not long taken over there and it ended a winless, goalless run for us iirc

Yes a good debut by Clarkson as OLL mentioned,  Caulker's long passing was very much on point in fact Caulker was verbatim.

Had a quick look and all the strikers had a good.day- Andy Keogh scored, Pirman too.

Was actually going to go again this weekend as have a friend who lives on Merseyside but he was rostered late.

I was there in 2011 and in 1982 when we won 3-1, the booziest game I ever went to. Drinking on the train from London (I was in the London Branch at the time) to Preston, a pre-match pub crawl of 6 pubs each from a different brewery, drinking on the terraces, a few beers in the Preston supporters club, a carry out from the off-licence on Preston Station for the trip back to London and taxi to Hoxton, finalised by an after hours session in the Macbeth. Some day out. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I only went to Deepdale once - back in 1998 last game of the promotion season under John Ward. We lost 2-1 and Graham Taylor's Watford ended up taking the cup. 

Me and Mrs R&W were in the Tom Finney stand with the Preston fans - which was a bit worrying at times - especially when the stupid wife celebrated our goal - but the Preston fans were fine!

I remember being impressed with the facilities there - there was a huge bar in the back of the stand which seemed to stretch the whole length. It was manned by so many bar staff that there was no queue at all at half time. Got served straight away and watched the highlights of the first half which were being shown on multiple TVs mounted all along above the bar. 
It put the (then) facilities at Ashton Gate to shame. 

The Preston fans stayed and clapped us afterwards which was a nice touch. John Ward led the boys over to acknowledge them.

Benny took us over the following season and the rest is history ?

I was there as well and remember it fondly as the Preston fans clapped the City team at the final whistle.

• Like 1

There is a 4 point gap between a large group of clubs who are mid table and a group below looking over their shoulders at trouble.

Depending on results that gap could look quite a bit bigger Saturday night. A win would be really handy and keep us in touch with mid table and cement a run of form. It feels like an important game (yeh I know they all are).

1 hour ago, Bizyer said:

I was there as well and remember it fondly as the Preston fans clapped the City team at the final whistle.

One other thing I remember from that game (but it probably happens EVERY game at Deepdale) is the Preston fans singing 'Stand up if you hate Blackpool' - it was a bit bemusing because at Bristol City we don't really care about Blackpool but we stood up with the PNE fans anyway!

A while later, the City crowd on the other side of the ground started singing 'If you all hate Bristol Rovers clap your hands...'  - which was greeted by similar puzzled bemusement by the Preston fans  ?

(I did manage to stop the wife from clapping though!!)

Edited by bcfcredandwhite
add words