IGNORED

not won at Preston in twelve years

Never to the dark side

1 hour ago, shelts said:

I was at the game Sean McCarthy played, think he’d lost his dad maybe the day before . Cats coach and it seemed like we’d never get to Preston , murder by Walsalls ground . Watford won the league and we were second . Cotts changed that for me … winners !!

McCarthy equalised, ran towards our terrace celebrating, attempted a somersault and put his back out, had to be subbed haha.

Shame about the result, but a great weekend on the lash in Blackpool.

5 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I only went to Deepdale once - back in 1998 last game of the promotion season under John Ward. We lost 2-1 and Graham Taylor's Watford ended up taking the cup. 

Me and Mrs R&W were in the Tom Finney stand with the Preston fans - which was a bit worrying at times - especially when the stupid wife celebrated our goal - but the Preston fans were fine!

I remember being impressed with the facilities there - there was a huge bar in the back of the stand which seemed to stretch the whole length. It was manned by so many bar staff that there was no queue at all at half time. Got served straight away and watched the highlights of the first half which were being shown on multiple TVs mounted all along above the bar. 
It put the (then) facilities at Ashton Gate to shame. 

The Preston fans stayed and clapped us afterwards which was a nice touch. John Ward led the boys over to acknowledge them.

Benny took us over the following season and the rest is history ?

It was a good day out, apart from Macken winding us up.

The Preston fans seemed genuinely pleased about us getting promoted,

31 minutes ago, KnowleUtd City said:

McCarthy equalised, ran towards our terrace celebrating, attempted a somersault and put his back out, had to be subbed haha.

Shame about the result, but a great weekend on the lash in Blackpool.

Always the bridesmaids.  Big lad to be doing somersaults!!

6 hours ago, extonsred said:

Got tickets n coach yesterday after coach being advertised as sold out the day before...putting on extras? Selling more tickets? Not been on the coach to away games for 60 years!!!!

Don't forget to take an empty lemonade bottle with you, :laugh:.

12 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Is there anywhere near the ground for a beer? Or is it case of in ground and Concourse 

The White Harte is about 15 minute walk, was last in there during the Cotts promotion season, it's decent enough, they'll have the lunchtime game on in there I expect.

Shame The Sumners has been demolished as it was a fair bit closer.

• Like 1