IGNORED

U21 v Everton Premier League Cup

RoystonFoote'snephew

13 minutes ago, James54De said:

Spill over from the Currie fiasco? 

I think Sam is a causality of the rest of Wimbledon’s January business, they brought in Janneh and Jaiyesimi who can both play wide and has probably pushed Sam down the pecking order, on finding out he wasn’t in their 18 for this weekend we probably told Wimbledon we’d play him today to give him some minutes, hopefully scoring gives Wimbledon a prod to include him 

5 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I think Sam is a causality of the rest of Wimbledon’s January business, they brought in Janneh and Jaiyesimi who can both play wide and has probably pushed Sam down the pecking order, on finding out he wasn’t in their 18 for this weekend we probably told Wimbledon we’d play him today to give him some minutes, hopefully scoring gives Wimbledon a prod to include him 

Surely Sam must have been recalled?

12 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Surely Sam must have been recalled?

Doubt it, he’s still on Wimbledon’s website and we haven’t seen anything official about any recall. Realistically all we could do is send him back to the national league anyway. This way a bit of loss of form from someone at Wimbledon and he could be back playing league football. 

3 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I thought that he couldn't play because he's at Wimbledon, a league side? 

He can, there's nothing that stops him, another example I gave when Fevs tagged me was Morton a few years ago when he was on loan at Gillingham, Steve Evans had no intention of playing him so City just started playing him in the U23's for the second half of the season but he was still technically on loan at Gillingham.

• Thanks 1

Strong display this afternoon. U21s doing what they do really well. Happy to play without the ball and hit on the counter. Really tight, solid shape not allowing an average Everton side to create and when they did, snuffed everything out. Back three were excellent. Especially Duncan & Jamie KL. Omar TC looking like first team exposure is aiding his development. Seb PH ran his socks off as usual with little to feed off. U21s are a tough nut to crack. Great result. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Lot of long balls being played by both sides there. Seb P-H looking good again. Acey really does shape up to the ball like Scott doesn't he? Must be the same coaching.

Our u21s (and u23s last season) don’t seem to play like a typical Academy team.  Those teams seem to play a heavier passing game than us.

• Like 1