IGNORED

Jevani Brown (Exeter) charged with assault

Lanterne Rouge

From what I understood at the time, it wasn’t just a simple case of “Nombe assaulting a woman”. As is written on the BBC report.

There had been an incident in the bar. Nombe’s ‘assault’ was in retaliation.
Nombe, Blackman and Rakeem Harper were out together. Harper’s sister was also with them.
There was an incident with another group of blokes. One of these other blokes punched Harper’s sister.
A few punches were then thrown between both groups of blokes. Blackman decked one guy. A woman came running toward him to try to attack him and Nombe pushed her away.
Bouncers were all over the scene too - it was a messy little scrap and basically Nombe’s assault amounts to pushing away a woman who was trying to attack him, because her boyfriend had been decked for punching a girl.

Not defending his actions, or anyone else’s, but that’s the context.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

From what I understood at the time, it wasn’t just a simple case of “Nombe assaulting a woman”. As is written on the BBC report.

Nombe, Blackman and Rakeem Harper were out together. Harper’s sister was also with them.
There was an incident with another group of blokes. One of these other blokes punched Harper’s sister.
A few punches were then thrown between both groups of blokes. Blackman decked one guy. A woman came running toward him to try to attack him and Nombe pushed her away.
Bouncers were all over the scene too - it was a messy little scrap and basically Nombe’s assault amounts to pushing away a woman who was trying to attack him, because her boyfriend had been decked for punching a girl.

Nombe or Brown?

21 minutes ago, Harry said:

If its true that a guy from the other party got decked for hitting a women.  Then a women got pushed over becuase she then had a go a guy.  That in my view is all acceptable.  And I'm fairly sure thats the way the police normally see it.  If its all true that is.  The guy who hit the women is likely gonna be the only one in trouble. 

Edited by Lorenzos Only Goal

28 minutes ago, Harry said:

Sounds more like one side of the story rather than context

• Like 1

I watched Exeter on Saturday, they played some pretty good football as they often do. Clearly missed Brown though as they went down 1-2 against Dean Holden’s Charlton.

Charlton also played good football, if only we could swap these two teams with the likes of Preston, overall though Exeter were slightly the better side but Charlton took their early chances well. All 3 goals were decent.