IGNORED

Michael Cooper (Plymouth keeper) does his ACL

Lanterne Rouge

18 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I really don`t know. January has been crap for them with Morgan Whittaker going back to Swans and now this.

It won’t be the first time they’ve had their season take a massive dip but they seem to be in pretty good shape still.

I must say I’m looking forward to seeing City play in Devon. Having said that, besides a couple of wins at Home park in 2003 and 2009, years I was living in France, our record there is terrible.

I’ve seen nothing but defeats there, maybe one draw. The 80s and 90 were abysmal at their place. 

11 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

It won’t be the first time they’ve had their season take a massive dip but they seem to be in pretty good shape still.

I must say I’m looking forward to seeing City play in Devon. Having said that, besides a couple of wins at Home park in 2003 and 2009, years I was living in France, our record there is terrible.

I’ve seen nothing but defeats there, maybe one draw. The 80s and 90 were abysmal at their place. 

Yeah they do have previous for self-destructing with about ten games left. That said, they`re seventeen points clear of seventh so should get the playoffs at least and I`d fancy them there.

• Like 1

Absolutely gutted. 
I actually love Cooper more than I’ve ever liked any other team’s player. 
He’s one of the best keepers in England in my opinion. 
Still - maybe it’ll lower his value a bit and we can sign him in summer 2024!! ?

Their fans aren’t happy at all with the challenge on him by Josh Windass that has caused this.

Also lost Dan Scarr (first choice CB) to injury in the 1st half at Hillsborough, too.

Big test of character now, their back up keeper has never played for them in the league, though has some league experience from his time at Cambridge.

They brought in 5 players during the January window but also lost Whittaker who was recalled, they’re going to need them all for the run in, I expect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

Nothing but defeats there for me too + a black eye & stuck on a train for about an hour outside Plymouth.

not one of my fav grounds I have to say 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Michael Cooper: Plymouth Argyle goalkeeper out for season after rupturing ACL - BBC Sport

Huge blow for their promotion hopes but an unusual injury for a keeper? I can`t think I`ve heard of one before.

Didn't Gary Bailey have to retire after a similar injury  (it was his knee certainly, thankfully medical science has progressed since then so get fit soon MC)

• Like 1