IGNORED

Pearson press conference

Vidal

5 minutes ago, Vidal said:

He gets asked some stupid questions doesn’t he. Are some of these questioners on work experience? It’s pretty embarrassing. I recon people on here could ask far more interesting questions than the dross he gets week after week.

I completely agree with you. Even a ten year old fan would be asking more relevant and interesting questions. What do these news persons get paid for? Sad idiots!

Jordan Jones strikes again, stick to Cardiff, you utter embarrassment.

Mind you, the bloke after him was no better, who starts with a question about our historical record against Norwich?

Pearson has managed us once against them, what exactly is he supposed to say in reply?

He's gone from fielding questions from Pat Murphy, a fine Midlands based journalist who had the cajones to put Nige on the naughty step after Ostrichgate, to fielding questions from some welsh cardiff p.rick with an arsehole for a brain. Bet he doesn't know whether to laugh or cry. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Percy Pig said:

The whole interview gradually got worse. Last 10 minutes came across pretty tinpot, so bad I cringed at the Norwich head to head question. 

Why ask what happened 10/15 years ago ffs. I know it’s silly to get annoyed over something like this, but it’s frustrating to listen.

Edited by Lew-T
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Imagine how you'd feel knowing wvery Thursday you have to listen to those dweebs asking you terrible questions.

Prickly? I'd probably be violent after the 3rd week. 

He's paid very handsomely and doing the press rounds is part of the job. Like to think i'd show a bit more grace. 

I get asked dumb questions at work all the time! 

Edited by Colombo Robin
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Colombo Robin said:

He's paid very handsomely and doing the press rounds is part of the job. Like to think i'd show a bit more grace. 

Why? These non-entities really aren’t worthy of any sort of grace.  They probably get more exposure on this forum than views of their actual articles. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Colombo Robin said:

I get asked dumb questions at work all the time! 

And of the day I don’t care how prickly he is with these reporters , all I want is 3 points every week in my eyes that’s his job end of , he’s a football manager not a nice chap just to keep people happy all woke like .

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

So everyone, everywhere, doing every job, has to handle being asked dumbass questions the way you do? Yeah, because everyone's the same, right? Does everyone have the patience of a saint, like you Colombo? 

"Just one more thing"...

If Pearson's blind spot (he admitted last week "we all have them") is how he handles questions from piss poor journalists - ie brusquely - but in return he transforms our under performing club into a serious, fit for purpose outfit, I'll take that all day long. And the piss poor journalists will have to man up, as will those taking offence on their behalf. Boofekinhoo. 

Beat me too it, and much more eloquently put too. ??

Here are some more interesting questions they could ask.

1. Tomas Kalas played right-back for Middlesbrough and Fulham, could he play right back for City?

2. Would you be willing to give your own brief account of fighting off Romanian wolves? I'm sure the City fans would love to hear it.

3. After being sacked in appalling and unfair circumstances at Leicester, Derby, and Watford, is it a pleasure to work for an owner who just does not do that?

4. Is there a danger that signing two forwards in the transfer window will block the pathway for the likes of Marlee Francois and other young forwards?

5. Did you ever consider moving Jay Dasilva on in the transfer window and just risking it?

6. As Cornick and Mehmeti are both predominantly right-footed, do you want them on the right going down the wing or on the left cutting inside and shooting?

7. As it is 7 forwards for 3 places, is our captain Weimann even sure of his place in the team? 

8. You have often spoken about how you like to go walking to get away from football. But as you are out walking, don't you find that you just end up thinking about football anyway?

Add your own questions..............................

Edited by Boston Red
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Boston Red said:

1. Tomas Kalas played right-back for Middlesbrough and Fulham, could he play right back for City?

2. Would you be willing to give your own brief account of fighting off Romanian wolves? I'm sure the City fans would love to hear it.

3. After being sacked in appalling and unfair circumstances at Leicester, Derby, and Watford, is it a pleasure to work for an owner who just does not do that?

4. Is there a danger that signing two forwards in the transfer window will block the pathway for the likes of Marlee Francois and other young forwards?

5. Did you ever consider moving Jay Dasilva on in the transfer window and just risking it?

6. As Cornick and Mehmeti are both predominantly right-footed, do you want them on the right going down the wing or on the left cutting inside and shooting?

7. As it is 7 forwards for 3 places, is our captain Weimann even sure of his place in the team? 

Jamie Paterson What GIF by Bristol City FC

7 minutes ago, Boston Red said:

No disrespect but are you that Welsh journalist ? Type of questions are similar in standard 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Boston Red said:

The bravest question.

8. Doors or Wheels

Just imagine!

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Beat me too it, and much more eloquently put too. ??

It's like the bloke's got to be perfect at absolutely everything - or else!

No-one's that.

Joe Jordan's first spell as manager is revered and rightly so. But if he'd been required to deal with the press as frequently and as publicly as managers do these days, and answer dumbass questions into the bargain, I reckon his reaction would have been off the scale. Not one to suffer fools gladly, is Joseph.

And I dare say that's true of many other managers we've had too.

But Pearson has to put up with pelters, thanks to dumbass social media. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

No disrespect but are you that Welsh journalist ? Type of questions are similar in standard 

He actually answered question 6 re Cornick anyway.

I thought the first two who asked questions (presumably Richard Hoskin of Radio Bristol & the bloke Forrester from the Post) were fine & as a result got answers that matched their questions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Do you get asked the same shit every week by the same people? Surely even your saintly patience would be tested? 

What does his renumeration have to do with it? The more you're paid the more shit you need to tolerate? I thought it was the otherwise round? Someone should tell my boss, he can deal with the next BS problem with grace and decorum 

Plus no way does it get filmed, either.

I struggle to know why there are so many “journalists” at these things anyway, 2 seems sufficient.

• Like 1

It’s true that some of the questions, particularly as they get towards the work experience kids, are poorly executed, but it’s hardly their fault that they’re being thrown into Championship press conferences. Perhaps we are just too used to seeing teenagers with talent beyond their years.

Why do you think they are there? It says more about the companies they are working for than it does the journalists themselves, so I find personal abuse towards individuals pretty bad form. For the majority, delivering quality journalism is just as much about experience as any other profession. That’s why James Piercy’s interviewing technique is head and shoulders above the rest in our pressers. And did we ever hear Pat Murphy fronting up to Nige whilst he was in college? 

It appears that some of you don’t seem to know/believe that there is a difference between casually posting on a forum with no restrictions and writing questions on behalf of professional outlets to be asked in real press conferences, not the ones you absolutely nail in your head when you’re daydreaming in City pyjamas.  

Always easier than it looks. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

It’s true that some of the questions, particularly as they get towards the work experience kids, are poorly executed, but it’s hardly their fault that they’re being thrown into Championship press conferences. Perhaps we are just too used to seeing teenagers with talent beyond their years.

Why do you think they are there? It says more about the companies they are working for than it does the journalists themselves, so I find personal abuse towards individuals pretty bad form. For the majority, delivering quality journalism is just as much about experience as any other profession. That’s why James Piercy’s interviewing technique is head and shoulders above the rest in our pressers. And did we ever hear Pat Murphy fronting up to Nige whilst he was in college? 

It appears that some of you don’t seem to know/believe that there is a difference between casually posting on a forum with no restrictions and writing questions on behalf of professional outlets to be asked in real press conferences, not the ones you absolutely nail in your head when you’re daydreaming in City pyjamas.  

Always easier than it looks. 

Whether you're a work experience kid or "Pat Murphy", it shouldn't be difficult to think of sensible questions to ask. That's a basic requirement of the job. 

Been there, done that. It helps to live it and breath it, though. To be emotionally invested in it - like Latham or Godsiff or Foot etc etc.

If you're going to piss off back to cardiff and cheer on the redbirds of a Saturday, it might be trickier. I'll give you that. Still shouldn't be beyond him to be competent though. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Turned off as soon as I heard the Welsh accent, seemed OK up until then other than journalists asking the same question in a different way- why? Don't they listen or something?

Be really interested to know how many English City fans are employed in Wales to ask questions about Cardiff.

Reckon it just might be zero.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

32 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Whether you're a work experience kid or "Pat Murphy", it shouldn't be difficult to think of sensible questions to ask. That's a basic requirement of the job. 

Been there, done that. It helps to live it and breath it, though. To be emotionally invested in it - like Latham or Godsiff or Foot etc etc.

If you're going to piss off back to cardiff and cheer on the redbirds of a Saturday, it might be trickier. I'll give you that. Still shouldn't be beyond him to be competent though. 

Surely any decent journalist will know that Pearson doesn't tolerate poor questions? 

Surely any decent journalist would absolutely relish the opportunity to interview someone like Pearson and would come suitably prepared? 

Anyone with half a brain knows that Pearson, if asked engaging questions will give very interesting and informative answers. 

I think the problem is that these journos just expect Pearson to do their job for them. 

• Like 8