IGNORED

Holiday Ideas

Markman

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I was trying to find where we could go from Bilbao by Train, the site I was on wasn't clear but Pamplona looks interesting. All that kept coming up was a narrow gauge , 5 hours to San Sebastian , slow to say the least.

Yeah, trains are rubbish. We hired a car. It's quite a spectacular drive through the green mountains to the south of Donostia, and then onto the dusty, dry plains around Pamplona. Went to a beautiful little town called Olite which has a stunning Navarre fairytale castle.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yeah, trains are rubbish. We hired a car. It's quite a spectacular drive through the green mountains to the south of Donostia, and then onto the dusty, dry plains around Pamplona. Went to a beautiful little town called Olite which has a stunning Navarre fairytale castle.

Would also recommend Sos Del Rey Catolico. Was like walking around a film set, I only found out about it from watching the Trip with Rob Brydon and Steve Coogan. Fabulous place! We went there for 1 night on the way from San Sebastian to Logrono (Logrono is a must for wine fans).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bob Turnip said:

Ah whereabouts?

We went last year for a week. Spent half the time up in the mountains, stayed in Žabljak and spent a few days exploring the Durmitor National Park, bit of white water rafting. Absolutely stunning scenery and feels like you've gone back in time a bit to, which was interesting.

Then for the other half we went back to Kotor on the coast. The old town is beautiful.

We are staying in Herceg Novi

never been before but thought it would be a change from Italy

Hope to do a bit of rafting when we are there

2 of my most memorable hols have been on cruises; 1, left Southampton on QE2 A couple of days to relax then Maderia, the Canaries (Lanzarote, Grand Can) then back to Malaga, Gibralta and Lisbon on the way back, plenty of trips organised at every port and no driving then back to Southampton 11days; also did Costa Fortuna from Savona to, Rome, Alexandria, Cyprus, Rhodes, Athens and Naples then back to Savona 10days super sites to see or just chill on beach.

Many cruises available not all formal and not all booze cruises. A good way to see many countries/cultures.

8 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Always go ten days- a week never seems long enough but two weeks of rich food and nice wine every night does nothing for the waistline 

Had a day out in Clevedon last year, the end ?

On 10/02/2023 at 18:08, Markman said:

If anyone knows this forum will! Finished work and have the chance for 7 - 14 days nice'ish Holiday  - possibly Sept/Oct 2023 before I get even older or shuffle off this mortal coil - plan was somewhere warm by the beach but also with a town or local bars nearby - so not stuck on beach all day or on a massive resort only - had a few suggestions such as Mexico, Morrocco, Carib, Sardinia etc but losing the will to live looking on the internet and never been anywhere like this before

Seems some of these places you do not visit during Sept/Oct and some will be just a beach and swimming (fine if you want that). Happy to use local Bus or Train (not drive) but has anyone been anywhere they know is warm, has the beach and sea but also not far from a town or markets or little day trips to historic places? 

Pop in for a beer. I also have dry Blackthorn in the fridge.

Popular Myalup Beach in the state’s south west offers a perfect opportunity to relax on the pristine white sand and soak up the famous Western Australian sun. Take a dip in the refreshing Indian Ocean or build sandcastles with the children on the beach.

Fishermen will enjoy the convenient beach fishing where you can try for popular fish such as Bream, Tailor and Yellow Fin Whiting.

Visitors to Myalup Beach can gain a perfect vantage spot on the sand dunes to watch dolphins playing in the ocean just off the coast and witness the magnificent Western Australian sunset.

Myalup Beach is a half hour drive from Harvey and two hours drive south of Perth.
pixel?productId=56b267d42cbcbe7073ae1c02&distributorId=56b1eb9344feca3df2e320ce&language=en&syndicationMethod=API

Myalup Beach
  • Like 1

On 18/02/2023 at 07:01, City oz said:

Pop in for a beer. I also have dry Blackthorn in the fridge.

Popular Myalup Beach in the state’s south west offers a perfect opportunity to relax on the pristine white sand and soak up the famous Western Australian sun. Take a dip in the refreshing Indian Ocean or build sandcastles with the children on the beach.

Fishermen will enjoy the convenient beach fishing where you can try for popular fish such as Bream, Tailor and Yellow Fin Whiting.

Visitors to Myalup Beach can gain a perfect vantage spot on the sand dunes to watch dolphins playing in the ocean just off the coast and witness the magnificent Western Australian sunset.

Myalup Beach is a half hour drive from Harvey and two hours drive south of Perth.
pixel?productId=56b267d42cbcbe7073ae1c02&distributorId=56b1eb9344feca3df2e320ce&language=en&syndicationMethod=API

Myalup Beach

That's Severn Beach

• Haha 1

On 17/02/2023 at 20:11, gl2 said:

2 of my most memorable hols have been on cruises; 1, left Southampton on QE2 A couple of days to relax then Maderia, the Canaries (Lanzarote, Grand Can) then back to Malaga, Gibralta and Lisbon on the way back, plenty of trips organised at every port and no driving then back to Southampton 11days; also did Costa Fortuna from Savona to, Rome, Alexandria, Cyprus, Rhodes, Athens and Naples then back to Savona 10days super sites to see or just chill on beach.

Many cruises available not all formal and not all booze cruises. A good way to see many countries/cultures.

I’m just about to book a cruise for me, my wife and daughter - going to go next Easter around the Fjords 

• Like 1

On 19/02/2023 at 16:18, Rob k said:

I’m just about to book a cruise for me, my wife and daughter - going to go next Easter around the Fjords 

Would love to do that one, need to clear some debts first but def next on the list to do.

On 20/02/2023 at 19:34, gl2 said:

Would love to do that one, need to clear some debts first but def next on the list to do.

I’ve booked a trip to Norway in July, never been. A mixture of rail travel and boat, includes hotels etc.
https://www.regent-holidays.co.uk/tour/sognefjord-express/

https://www.regent-holidays.co.uk
https://www.responsibletravel.com

these websites have loads of ideas for bespoke trips